PDA

View Full Version : Stansted Handling

Mr Flaps
30th Oct 2007, 10:58
The MaxJet contract is up for grabs. Swissport are not interested. They dont have the man power at the mo.
MaxJet have given Servisair a frank talking to, which is what is needed seeeing they are one of the worst companies in the airport, for keeping airlines.
They are not the best at looking after their airline customers. Apart from Eos.
So if Maxjet leave Servisair what will happen to them???

Hollymead
30th Oct 2007, 13:52
"The MaxJet contract is up for grabs. Swissport are not interested. They dont have the man power at the mo. "Why are they 'threatening' to lay off 60 people at the moment then ? And dont quote me that fairy story about them being 2 seperate companies .

TUGNBAR
30th Oct 2007, 19:10
The MaxJet contract is up for grabs. Swissport are not interested. They dont have the man power at the mo.
MaxJet have given Servisair a frank talking to, which is what is needed seeeing they are one of the worst companies in the airport, for keeping airlines.
They are not the best at looking after their airline customers. Apart from Eos.
So if Maxjet leave Servisair what will happen to them???

Do you think Eos are happy with them! heard a rumour (as you do) that Eos were looking for a change too!

Hounddog1
30th Oct 2007, 19:17
Interesting comments Mr.Flaps, regarding Servisair and maintaining contracts/airlines --- Also interesting regarding Maxjet and your link to Aviance,

Prob with parts of Servisair,[not all of it]is its staff culture and poor management attitude that filters down to staff at all levels, the maintaining of airlines is not all down to Servisair, as you know in this buisness, it is all about money. Airlines want top notch service, for peanuts, it does not happen in this real world. Aviance have not got a great track record for keeping airlines either, for one reason or another, it applies to all handling agents on the airport. Proven record in THY not happy with Servisair, left them and went to Swissport, and found them as bad.

You cannot blame Servisair for airlines moving to other airports or stopping flying on route, the buisness with SkyEurope is the increase in BAA's charges as is CSA option to stop flying the Prague route[along with competition].

Hounddog1
31st Oct 2007, 09:37
Well it is the poor management, rather that not enough.

You are right about not enough staff on certain flights, hence that boils down to management policies.

I know that another established handling company at STN had similar issues with manning, promised airline a certain amount staff on each plane, but never provided that amount of staff, no-where near, simply because they could not achieve what was promised.

So it is not just S/Air, that has these issues, Swissport flooded Ryanair to get flights sorted, now that FR is cutting 20% of its services, look what has happened, chopped jobs.... The balance of sufficent staff against over-staffing is a very fine line, as i said before, it all comes down to money.

As yet I have been able to unlock the gate outside BAA's plush complex to get to the money tree that they seem to have ...

sat1
31st Oct 2007, 15:08
Guys I am assured that Maxjet have finally agreed to sign a written contract with S/Air after they showed a much better performance during the last two months after monitoring from both Maxjet managers and S/Air management. As for Eos no there not happy with S/Air, lack of men on aircraft not, not meeting contract requirements.

Hounddog - intresting comments regarding S/Air staff, thats all im going to say, but mabe its due to lack of management or poor management?

D-ABAA

meeow,meeow,meeow,those poor managers,they carry the world on their shoulders,tut tut.they have to make tea,read papers,visit the karzi........the list goes on and on........................

Hounddog1
1st Nov 2007, 09:57
SAT 1

Well maybe these manager you see do over your side of the world, perhaps you should try looking beyond Sat 1 !

Mr Flaps
1st Nov 2007, 13:09
The managers at S/Air need a kick in the right place. Avaince have been unlucky with GSM pulling and so has S/Air with NE and CSA leaving. But 4 new airlines have arrived at STN and S/air have only 1 of them. I did hear someone in S/Air unifrom saying that their managers where not looking at AA. "To much like hard work." Well if managers have that way of thinking they need to get out very very fast.

Swissport are trying with the number of airlines but fast failing. They failed to provide AA within enough staff for AA training.

Subject 117
1st Nov 2007, 17:35
I did hear someone in S/Air unifrom saying that their managers where not looking at AA. "To much like hard work." Well if managers have that way of thinking they need to get out very very fast.

That is certainly rubbish

As for Eos no there not happy with S/Air, lack of men on aircraft not, not meeting contract requirements.

Also rubbish

Not much in the way of facts round here that's for sure

Subject 117
1st Nov 2007, 17:37
meeow,meeow,meeow,those poor managers,they carry the world on their shoulders,tut tut.they have to make tea,read papers,visit the karzi........the list goes on and on........................

I take it that if you do work for them you must spend too much time watching the TV to know whats really going on

Mr Flaps
1st Nov 2007, 18:39
Getting news out from the airport that Maxjet have cut links with S/Air, does anyone know any more????:confused:

sat1
1st Nov 2007, 18:48
I take it that if you do work for them you must spend too much time watching the TV to know whats really going on

I take you're a much maligned manager????

TUGNBAR
1st Nov 2007, 19:02
Not much in the way of facts round here that's for sure

This is a rumour network and the rumour is Eos and Maxjet are not happy with Servisair

If you say this is rubbish......why?

TNB

Westofhere
1st Nov 2007, 19:28
Mr flaps, not really sure where you may have got that gem of information but fact would prove you very very wrong. SWP did not fail to provide staff for training in STN or LHR or DFW.

I suggest also the comment about S/air not looking at AA to be equally wrong.

Subject 117
1st Nov 2007, 20:58
I take you're a much maligned manager????

Something like that :ugh:

Hounddog1
1st Nov 2007, 22:09
It is very,very wrong !!

sat1
3rd Nov 2007, 16:38
Guys I am assured that Maxjet have finally agreed to sign a written contract with S/Air after they showed a much better performance during the last two months after monitoring from both Maxjet managers and S/Air management. As for Eos no there not happy with S/Air, lack of men on aircraft not, not meeting contract requirements.

Hounddog - intresting comments regarding S/Air staff, thats all im going to say, but mabe its due to lack of management or poor management?

D-ABAA

where DO you get you info from, coz it aint too reliable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rusty_c
3rd Nov 2007, 17:37
Anyone see the not so praising article about maxjet in the sun today??

pamann
3rd Nov 2007, 18:05
The average Sun reader would have no idea who MaxJet are anyway. ;)

carbootking
3rd Nov 2007, 18:49
iv heard maxjet gone to avaince no date as yet

rusty_c
4th Nov 2007, 14:30
Hahaha, i knew there would be some pompus comment somewhere or other! Well 3 Million people read it a day! You know youve read it before! Anyway, it said something about a 24hour delay, then offering people flights on BA, in economy! and theys till didnt get their bags! Great airline :ok:

Hounddog1
4th Nov 2007, 21:58
If that is true, that is bad news for S/Air, what have they got left?

Not enough to keep workforce busy, perhaps these managers should now look at their own poor performance and attitude to see just where they have gone wrong ...... again, this is not the first time they have messed up big time....

Mr Flaps
5th Nov 2007, 07:16
Yes Maxjet will leave S/Air in the new year. Avaince 30% cheaper than S/Air.
There are noises coming our from S/Air that they have put bids in for Germanwings, Norwegian and Transavia. But is this just S/Air managers trying to give good news to the workforce.
As for S/Air managers they need to look at themselves and think 4 new airlines why have we only got one of them.
It is the 'cant be bothered' way of thinking that has infected S/Air. That can been see by the way the staff conduct themselves round the airport. Until you get rid of that mind set by kicking the managers you wont change S/Air at STN.
What S/Air managers need to get into their heads is that the airlines are their customers and they need to be looked after not left on the shelf to collect dust.

Hounddog1
5th Nov 2007, 08:44
Mr.Flaps, I fully agree with you, once again due to S/Air ground-handling management they have lost another airline, it is not the first time they have done this, bearing in mind it is the same management structure as it has been for a number of years, i am surprised Head Office has let it go on for so long.

The 'cant be bothered' attitude is well and truely set in the staffs minds aswell and more so the management there, What is promised never materialises and on more than one occasion when S/Air has handled and airline, there is insuffiecent staff to service that aircraft.

So yet again other parts of S/Air suffer due to the failings and crappy mind-set attitude of that management.

Well at least now, they can supply extra staff to service the EOS, as they will have little else to do.

30% is a big difference - i wonder how much S/Air were charging in the first place:confused:

sat1
5th Nov 2007, 09:21
you lot talk a lot of brown smelly stuff
certain airlines have pulled out for financial reasons ie increased landing fees.And if, as an airline, you are offered services at a reduced pric(25-30%) of course you are gonna go for it.Servisair management aint the best,but,can you really blame them for all this?????????
Rumour has it that Aviance have agreed to tow any and all maxjets free of charge. Bearing in mind that they have also put in the cheap quote,does this really make sound financial sense????? I think not.

Hounddog1
5th Nov 2007, 16:57
Brown smelly stuff, dont think so.

Sat 1 perhaps you should think of the staff that may well be facing redundancy because of the loss of work involved with Maxjet and you still think its not S/Air's managements fault and their policies .....

sat1
6th Nov 2007, 08:05
I stand by what I said. Pure economics has been at work here. I happen to think that Aviance have made a BIG mistake here. I dont believe they have appreciated the work involved with Maxjet,their other work will suffer as the Americans takeup more and more time,staff and equipment.Watch this space. If Maxjet are still operating in 2009 it will be with Servisair.

Mr Flaps
6th Nov 2007, 15:12
Sat 1, you could take this look on the maxjet issue. Avaince knew there where loosing GSM at the end of the summer. They needed a same size operation or bigger to fill the gap left by GSM pulling out of STN. And Maxjet at the time was looking.
But I still stand by what I have said because why out of 4 new airlines S/Air only has one. And the 'cant be bothered' way of thinking needs to change before they can progress. Swissport have the killer mind set if the prise is big enough go for it and see what happens. Shows that S/Port managers are hungry for progress. The staff may need a kick in the right place but so does everyone else at times.

STN Ramp Rat
6th Nov 2007, 19:21
Hounddog1 ~ I should think that Servisair are trying to invoke TUPE (Google it). If they are successful that should put a hole in the Aviance maths but it should protect the staff jobs.

Mr Flaps ~ in my experience the commercial department of a handling agent has a very tenuous link to the operational management. There is a well known cycle on this that operates at most big airports

1) The commercial management sit in the ivory tower bidding on everything and getting the best price they can for the job (buying the business)
2) They win it and throw it over to the operational managers who have to try to make it work with the resources they can afford
3) If they manage to keep within the budget the service suffers and the airline moves
4) If they fail to keep within the budget then the handler starts to loose money
5) The final part of the cycle is the handler coming to its senses and starts jacking up the price. Unfortunately this is usually at the same time that another handler is starting the cycle.

A good example of this at Stansted recently is the move of THY to Swissport. The operation was struggling at the THY operating times before they won the contract. You have to wonder if the commercial team even spoke to the operational management before they put in the bid. THY use their own check in system so it requires its own team, I know there were occasions where the THY station management had to check in their own flight because there weren’t enough trained agents. Swissport are currently at number 3) on the cycle with a number of airlines so just wait for the merry go round to start again soon.

sat1
7th Nov 2007, 13:02
beautifully put!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and true.

Subject 117
7th Nov 2007, 14:09
It does make me laugh reading these comments and Management that can't be bothered, really, maybe you should try learning what goes on before you blame them for everything bar the weather.

On the comments about Turkish, I think you will find that the decision to change handling agents was made without reference to the local Managers so was nothing to do with the performance.

rusty_c
7th Nov 2007, 17:55
As ramp rat said, these little cycles always happen with the handling agents. Anyone remember when Swissport lost a load of business probably at the end of S05 and there were alot of contracts not being renewed. Swings and roundabouts im afraid. And also when Aviance cleared off altogether in '04! I never disagree with SAT1 either he is f'ing marvellous.

tgwu stn
8th Nov 2007, 15:05
The reason Servisair will continue to lose out on contracts is they cannot compete on price they carry to much overhead two lots of management Cargo and Ramp too many Managers,Duty Managers in Cargo, Ramp and FOH all drawing fat pay packets doing f:mad:k all who go missing when the s:mad:t hits the fan and never seem to be around at weekends or evenings.
All the handling agents are more or less the same but Airlines have look at the bottom line in the end so if you charge the highest price and supply a s:mad:t service to Airlines they look at other handling agents.
Servisair have a good loyal hard working workforce being let down by the management if there are any job losses how many of these will be management? or as usual the old boy network looking after their mates.
Until Servisair address these issues it will be more of the same.
My guess will be no pay rise for 2008 roster changes and job losses.:(

sat1
8th Nov 2007, 18:26
"The reason Servisair will continue to lose out on contracts is they cannot compete on price they carry to much overhead two lots of management Cargo and Ramp too many Managers,Duty Managers in Cargo, Ramp and FOH all drawing fat pay packets doing f:mad:k all who go missing when the s:mad:t hits the fan and never seem to be around at weekends or evenings."

ITS EASY TO SEE WHICH COMPANY YOU WORK FOR......MATE!!

D-ABAA
9th Nov 2007, 08:38
tgwustn - I think a look further away from S/Air management for a moment would point out a bigger reason why S/Air face the situation there in now.

BAA!!!!!

IF the charges from BAA wernt put up, SkyEurope, CSA and the Air Berlin hub would still be operating, yes?

Then S/Air would still be serving these airlines, but due to the higher charges they've gone and S/Air are in the s:mad:t.

D-ABAA

tgwu stn
9th Nov 2007, 11:00
D-ABAA and SAT 1
Airlines come and go for several reasons and are always looking at costs and like any good company should be looking at ways to cut costs and improve your service you give to the customer.
In the cut throat business of ground handling you have to improve and offer the customer good service and keep an eye on your cost you pass on to the customer.
Servisair have failed to do this and have to pass on the extra cost to the airlines and will continue to lose contracts and fail to get new ones because of their high overheads.
Servisair have a good skilled workforce which is being let down by management looking after themselves and not the business.

SAT 1 what company is that MATE ?

Hounddog1
9th Nov 2007, 12:39
tgwu - interesting statement, as sat 1 says we can see which company you work for, i wonder if you realise that Cargo is run as a seperate company to Ground handling and has been for a number of years, so the comment about doubling up on Duty Managers with Cargo and Ground Handling is unjustified as each company has its own management team, neither one interacts in each others buisness --- so tell me , which of the two companies is more profitable and has sustained its contracts ????

tgwu stn
9th Nov 2007, 14:29
Houngddog1
I am aware on the face of it the Ramp and Cargo are run as seperate companies, but do sit down with the unions together in the annual pay talks.
The overhead issue is the same in Ramp,FOH and Cargo and needs to change in order to complete with the other handling agents.
I just heard on the airport grapevine that Asianna Airlines have signed up again with Aviance after talking with Servisair ,can anyone confirm this?

Interesting you say neither management interacts with each other Ramp working their b:mad:s off and short of staff while Cargo do F:mad:k all.
Cargo only have one major contract BA and from what i have heard are always threating to pull out of Stn in order to get Servisair to drop the price can,t be very profitable.:=

Hounddog1
9th Nov 2007, 17:44
tgwu - you just have no idea of what actually happens in cargo, just because you dont see freighters lined up does not mean they are not doing f - all as you politly put it, its amazing what goes on behind closed doors !!!

Mr Flaps
9th Nov 2007, 21:01
As most of you say S/Air need to cut the management level down to compete on price with their current customer airlines and new airlines looking for a handling agent.
As has been said some factors are out of S/Air’s control like BAA raising landing charges because STN has to stand on its own two feet and it can not sponge off Gatwick or Heathrow.
For S/Air to become more competitive they need to cut out a layer of management and stop asking out stations to fund HQ in Manchester. HQ in MAN have money problems and after talking to people who work for S/Air out of Bristol and Jersey and saying they are all having same problems as STN makes me think is there a bigger problem within S/Air. But I may be wrong. As for S/Air at STN, some academic practises would not go a miss like introducing Total Quality Management. Make the staff feel valued and looked after them and destroy the negative culture that is rampant in management and staff.

Hounddog1
10th Nov 2007, 09:48
Mr.Flaps --- The negative culture is not in all the management at S/Air, there are some damn good managers there, but im afraid they are in the minority,

Another issue that always raises its head, whatever profits are made at any station it is then poured into the perverbial corporate pot and then shared out to non-performing stations and under achievers, i really think that is a bad way of doing buisness, this makes all layers of the workforce at the profitable station wonder where all their hard work has gone and why investment in the profitable station never happens

tgwu stn
10th Nov 2007, 11:00
Hounddog 1:ugh:
What happens behind closed doors; Watching tv,playing cards.reading the paper,on the the internet and waiting for the the early shoot why ramp struggle due to staff shortages because all their work comes in at the same time and Cargo with their feet up, what a way to run a business.:=
I suspect from reading your post you work at Cargo looking after your own little empire and that is the problem with Servisair.

tgwu stn
10th Nov 2007, 11:19
Mr Flaps
I agree with a lot you say about landing fees etc,but you have to look at other ways of cutting costs in order to complete in this cut throat business Servisair have failed to do this, all to busy looking after their own little empires and hoping if we sack a few poles and make a few people redundant everything will be alright and carry on the same old way.
Can't sack any Duty Managers who would make the Tea:=

jerboy
11th Nov 2007, 01:57
Servisair are one of (if not) the biggest handling agents on the planet. We/I may not like this... but that's the way it is. They're obviously doing something right.

I work closely with alot of people that work at one of servisair's (amittedly fairly small) stations. They moan about the money, the conditions etc. But how many of them do you actually see leave? not many. Its a bit of money coming in and people need that no matter what happens.

I'm not one of Circusair's big fans at all (in fact i work for the competition at the airport i work at) but they have the international presence and airlines know they can strike a good deal with them. The less handling fees an airline can pay is generally for the better... Servisair can offer this because they are so big.

that's the way it goes chaps...

tgwu stn
11th Nov 2007, 18:17
Jerboy
Biggest is not always the best.
Servisair are the highest payers on the Ramp, and have a loyal ,flexible ,skilled and hard working workforce.
But i think you are missing the point they are being let down by management and high overheads which lead to a loss of contracts and fail to secure new contracts.
If what you say is right they should have got the AA contract, i heard they came third in the pecking order.
Landing fees make no difference when an Airline stays at the Airport only when they move.
As i said in a previous post they get rid of a few poles and make a few redundant on the Ramp and carry on the same old way.
Time to get rid of some of the dead wood management.

groundhand
12th Nov 2007, 10:22
tgwu stn,

What a one sided view of the world you have. It's all the 'managements' fault and the 'good, hard working workers are never to blame'.

There have been many posts about the 'ups and downs' of Servisair and ground handling in general.

A few facts:

Servisair is one of the 3 largest independent (of airline or state ownership)ground handing in thbe world. Which is the largest depends on what you measure. The other 2: Menzies and Swissport.

Servisair have made a lot of senior Head Office (EVP, SVP, VP and Director level) people redundant and have not recruited at their HQ to reduce overheads. In the last week more names have been added to the 'at risk' list and will be gone before the year end. I think you will find that the MAN HQ have taken the highest toll in this exercise followed by the US HQ, which was moved from NYC to Dallas (I think).

Cargo and Ground Handling in Europe are run by the same guy now. Another guy has responsibility for Americas.

Cargo and ground handling are very different markets - the ground handling of the cargo buisness is a very small revenue earner in the business as a whole.

I would agree that Servisair's overheads have got too high, the multi-level management structure has left the airport manager too far removed from the CEO. Some of that has been taken out already, more is in the pipeline.

The strategy of 'supporting the weak' is not new, it was a culture of many years ago and protects individual airports from the cyclical ways of the industry. In a big organisation it is not unusual; the key is identifying the dead wood and cutting it out - not something that Servisair have been very good at. I am old enough to remember years and years when STN did not make any money; it relied on either LHR or LGW being fog bound for a few days every year to pick up huge diversion work to pay the bills; sometimes it managed it, many times it did not.

When a business loses as much as Servisair did in 05 and again in 06 there has to be change; holding a hard line with proicing is one aspect of this, there is no point in 'buying' business as there is neither the money to staff it or equip it. look what the FR contract did for Servisair at STN!

tgwu stn
12th Nov 2007, 17:53
groundhand:D
I agree with a lot of the points you made,but there needs to be a clear out of all the deadwood management at Stansted too many looking out for themselves and not the business.
The one sided view i have is good hard working employees facing the being made redundant why the management remains the same.
If there any job losses at Servisair( and i hope there are not):(lets see how many are management.

GRIZZLER
12th Nov 2007, 20:20
May I Butt In With This.i Have Heard Rumours Of Another Possible Loss For Servisair..menzies Looking At Airberlin.

Any News Of This!!!!

D-ABAA
13th Nov 2007, 08:08
Nice try Grizzler:=

sat1
13th Nov 2007, 08:38
Go Grizzler!!!! now that's what I call a REAL rumour lol

sat1
13th Nov 2007, 08:42
Whilst we're talking rumours......what about Air India and yet another american company coming to Stansted( americans alledgedly northwest).
If true then maybe servisair were not too upset to lose Maxjet.Maybe the're just freeing up some manpower??????hmmmmmmm the wonders of aviation

Subject 117
14th Nov 2007, 11:34
May I Butt In With This.i Have Heard Rumours Of Another Possible Loss For Servisair..menzies Looking At Airberlin.
Any News Of This!!!!
I am sure Servisair would look at Ryanair though hopefully only through a telescope from a 5 mile distance!

Subject 117
14th Nov 2007, 11:36
I agree with a lot of the points you made,but there needs to be a clear out of all the deadwood management at Stansted too many looking out for themselves and not the business.

Did you come up with that one on one of your extended tea breaks? I very much doubt you can see too clearly from your position in front on the TV :rolleyes:

tgwu stn
18th Nov 2007, 15:53
Subject 117
I see the deadwood management every day, while working on the Ramp earning the company money turning around aircraft then we have well earned cup of tea.
All i see management do is read paper, play games on the computer,drink tea,trips to the smoking hut,drive around to see if the ramp team has put the cones out and put out a few memo's that a school leaver could do.:=
These over paid tea boys (over 23k a year)has to be paid for and thats while Servisair will continue lose contracts and fail to get new ones the overhead costs make them unable to compete with the other handling agents.
It will be interesting to see how the pay talks go this year:(

Spider Monkey
18th Nov 2007, 16:11
TGWU,

Questions.

1. How many aircraft do you turn round a day
2. How many times do you finish early?
3. Did you earn over 23k last year?

Does management allow

1. staff to drink tea?
2. staff to read newspapers?
3. staff to visit the smoking hut?

I would also presume management have to drive around ensuring staff cone aircraft because.

1. staff need reminding to do their job.
2. Airline requirement.

sat1
18th Nov 2007, 17:19
I wonder who spider monkey works for hhmmmmmmm.......
I wonder if he holds a managerial position hhmmmmmmmmm...........

so you finally took the plunge and signed up,good boy!!!!!!!

tgwu stn
18th Nov 2007, 19:39
Spider Monkey
I turnaround enough aircraft a day for the pay i receive and if required will do more turnarounds in my shift.
I get the early shoot if all the work is done not before.
What i earn is my business but i am worth it.
I only read the newspapers,drink tea, in my down time or meal break.
I don't smoke but those that do should only do so in rest periods or down time not when they are on duty and using a company car to drive to the smoking hut which should be used for work only.
If management drove around and helped when staff are up against it they would be more respected.
Management need reminding of their job if they have one.
:=If you want the perks of down time and early shoots come and work on the Ramp you can't have it always you can also have the other perks of freezing cold ,p:mad:g down with rain,staff shortages,heavy hard work.:eek:

TUGNBAR
18th Nov 2007, 20:18
tgwu stn
Have you ever been in a managerial position?
If so what are you doing working on the Ramp, were you yourself part of a deadwood management team.
TnB

TOWTEAMBASE
18th Nov 2007, 20:41
TGWU STN

IF YOU DONT LIKE IT.......CLOCK OUT AND F:mad:K OFF HOME

stn ladooo
18th Nov 2007, 23:09
The fonzz is here.... everybody carm down and have a cup of tea... Alright son

D-ABAA
19th Nov 2007, 08:33
Cup of tea Son?:ok:

tgwu stn
19th Nov 2007, 10:08
Towteambase
What a really contructive comment,if thats all you can come back with my views must be correct.:D

Tugnbar
I don't need to have been a Manager to know what goes on i see it every day with my own eyes.
Ground handling is all about teamwork and the management team at Servisair are letting the team down.

Subject 117
19th Nov 2007, 10:52
Towteambase
What a really contructive comment,if thats all you can come back with my views must be correct.

That's rich coming from someone who has constantly insulted the management team.

GRIZZLER
19th Nov 2007, 13:51
I THINK SPIDER MONKEY IS MANAGEMENT.AS THATS THE SORT OF THINGS THEY WILL COME OUT WITH. THREE MEN TRYING TO TURN ROUND 2 AIRCRAFT,WHEN A HELPFULL CHAPPY IN A CAR COMES ROUND TO SAY,,,, YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN TO PUT CONES OUT. IF YOU CANT SEE A FORTY FOOT HIGH PLANE ,WHAT CHANCE DOES A POOR TWO FOOT CONE HAVE.

LETS HAVE A ...SAVE A CONE DAY.:ok:

groundhand
19th Nov 2007, 14:34
Ah Grizzler,
There is the basic problem....

How many times do ramp teams have to be told of the basic process? If the customer wants you to walk around the aircraft 5 times and bow to the East; and you have been told that by your management (and probabaly received traing - and signed as accepting that training) then why do you think it is acceptable not to do so?

You might like to think that the big metal bus parked on the ramp is obvious; IATA estimate (2005) that ground damage cost avaition over $4bn a year - yes $4 billion! That is a lot of revenue that the airlines can not pay to ground handling companies or other service providers because some people think they know better than the process.

So if the customenr wants cones, put the cones out and then everyone will be happy.

Unfortunately, a lot of ramp guys and gals think that they know better, sadly they are wrong.

Follow the process, that's all you are being asked to do.
Is it so difficult?

GH

sat1
19th Nov 2007, 14:57
rumours floating around that airberlin are about to pull more flights from Stn.When will it end and can the last person to leave the servisair restroom please switch the lights out!!!!!!!

GRIZZLER
19th Nov 2007, 17:05
YES GROUNDHAND.... I CAN SEE THAT IT IS UNACCEPTABLE NOT TO PUT CONES OUT AS WE HAVE BEEN(so called)TRAINED TO DO .....BUT I BET WHEN THE HANDLING AGENT TAKES ON AN AIRLINE ,THE MANAGEMENT SAY HOW MANY MEN THEY WILL GET TO HANDLE THERE PLANE AND THE TIME IT WILL TAKE TO TURN ROUND . IT CANT ALWAYS BE DONE. THIS ALSO IS UNACCEPTABLE. THEN WHAT.

ANOTHER SCURGE FOR IT GOING OUT LATE.:{ YOU CANT WIN.

AND GROUNDHAND YOU SOUND LIKE MANAGEMENT AS WELL...TO LONG AWAY FROM THE REAL WORLD....WE WORK WEEKENDS. IT DOSENT STOP ON FRIDAY AT FIVE PM.

Punch
19th Nov 2007, 17:36
Has anyone other than me heard any talk of EOS being handled by Harrods on the Posh side of Stansted??

Sorry to cut in and add more fluff to this post but I have heard talk of this recently and I'm in a good position to hear such things..

Cheers,

Punch:ouch:

tgwu stn
19th Nov 2007, 19:20
groundhand and spidermonkey.:ugh:
Whats wrong with management putting out the the cones if the Ramp guys and girls are up against it,help out not p:mad:s people off its called teamwork and good man management you will get more repect.
Grizzler:D
Your post is spot on we can't all be wrong.

I have heard the same rumours about Airberlin and Eos i hope not a lot of good people at Servisair.:sad:

Cahlibahn
19th Nov 2007, 19:58
I'm an ex-pilot, 11 years in the pharmaceutical industry and now redundant. I want to get into Ops/handling. Preferably Ops. Do I have any chance? How do I go about it?

groundhand
20th Nov 2007, 09:08
Grizz,

I've done my time on 24/7 shift and my years in managemt - am in neither now so I've no axe to grind. Certainly the hours I did in management far exceeded the hours when on shift and yes, these did include nights, weekends and some long, long days.

Totally agree that good managers should be able, willing and be to seen to help out at times of need - they should however, focus on getting the right resources to be available at the right time. Good 2-way communication can solve a lot of problems but they have to earn the right to have this - it is not a God given. Does not sound as if yours have done this.

You are wrong in that, the vast majority of, airlines do not specify the numbers for a ramp team and nor should they as the work flexes - especially if you are handling cargo carrying aircraft - and as such, the make-up of the team should be flexible.

I have a lot of respect and sympathy for ramp teams - especially at this time of year; it can be a thankless grind that no-one ever sees the positives, you receive very few thanks and get the vocals when things go wrong. But thereis no excuse for not taking safety before OTP - ever.

Lastly, on the cones and process.
How many of the guys and gals ever thing of the number of turnrounds they will have to complete to pay for the damage caused when someone smacks a plane? The lack of cones, the short cut that has worked so many times before, that little bit of speed that gets you there 3 seconds earlier etc.
And no, insurance does not 'cover' it; a lot is uninsured (just like the excess on your car polict - except bigger) and if it is insured thay come and bite you in the b*m with their premiums - just like if you have a few prangs in your car.

You sound incredibly frustrated; put a positive spin on this and be rational when you talk to your managers - sensible questions asked calmly and without fury and emotion are much harder to avoid.

keep the faith!
GH

Subject 117
20th Nov 2007, 09:52
Has anyone other than me heard any talk of EOS being handled by Harrods on the Posh side of Stansted??

Can't happen, Harrods can only do private flights and one off charters

diamond hanger
20th Nov 2007, 11:08
He who has no faith!!!!!!!!!!!......talk to the management calmly is fine only to find out that all they say is-DON't KNOW!!!!!!!.May be YOU should think about what you say!!!!!

diamond hanger
20th Nov 2007, 11:12
If you open your eyes to the world(restroom) you will find that alot of the workforce are only to worried about getting out of that place with their runners on-tow.Not all the workforce act like TEAMWORK!

South Side 1
20th Nov 2007, 12:31
Groundhand, i agree with what you say you made some good points:D.
People tend to forget managers are there to manage not to load a/c when the s:mad:t hits the fan how will they know whats going on if they've been loading and no i'm not a manager, managers need to find an even balance and know when to help and when to stand back.

Grizler I've also heard the rumour about Menzies into STN a while back but I'd heard it was for EasyJet as they where not happy with swissport, but either way i cant see it happening as the airport is'nt big enough for another handling agent so i dont think the baa would allow it.

groundhand
20th Nov 2007, 14:24
Diamond,

You seem to have some thought that I have access to the crew room. I do not.
I have not been to STN for nearly a year, and the last time was purely as a passenger en route to the US.
I can assure that I do not work at STN, nor for any handling company. My comments were made from the time I did work in the handling business.

Maybe it's because I'm an old f8rt but I do think the business has over complicated what is basically a very simple process. Just my view.

Oh, and on the Menzies front.
I would not bet against them appearing in STN when Swissport's contract is up; if not before. The BAA will allow another handler, more money for them. Why - look around the country and at the EZY/Menzies tie-up. They are picking off the airports one by one.
Menzies, within a year or two, will become the biggest handling company in the World - and I don't work for them either!

diamond hanger
20th Nov 2007, 22:34
Fair comment.As you described yourself as an old f**t then how long ago was it since you worked on the ramp,things change,people change but you cannot break the change cord of management.Yes they are meant to play a big part in the infrastructure of a company but tell me this,if they play a big part why is it that so many workers amongst servisair are so,to put it bluntly,cheesed off. I think on another note maybe there should be some change within the managerial section other wise it could be "adios" servisair from STN,who knows maybe Menzies will overtake all!!!!

diamond hanger
20th Nov 2007, 22:39
Well looks like it will be you who switches off the lights Sat 1 since you mentioned it lol

CompaseBase
20th Nov 2007, 23:49
In the words of one of servisairs finest........

Got a minute............

This job of ours is a good job,at the end of the day we wouldnt be there if it werent.
yes, the situation ( got a situation son ) is bad at the moment, with csa,sky,ab hub pulling out and w**kjet going for a cheaper option, but this is due to baa and money at the end of the day,we cant blame white shirts for that.

We ramp workers work damn hard and we dont recieve any thanks for our hard work,there is little to none-communication between white shirts and us,gross miss conduct and staff morale is very poor.
A company shouldnt be like this.

we all need to work and communicate together,no doubt there is work in the pipe line, we now need to turn things around..

this is a great company and job, going wrong, and white shirts cant be blamed for all of it.
we wil get no where slagging off on this.
I am the voice of reason....
lets turn things around......

CB.

on another topic - pay talks whats your views..........

sat1
21st Nov 2007, 08:42
Well looks like it will be you who switches off the lights Sat 1 since you mentioned it lol

just so long as there is a call out and two hours on top!!!!!!:O

stn ladooo
21st Nov 2007, 11:03
And a week in the bahamas....

alright son.......

D-ABAA
21st Nov 2007, 11:10
Sat 1 dont forget to take the kettle ! Cup of Tea Son?

diamond hanger
21st Nov 2007, 13:09
Why oh why are we digging at a certain person within the ramp(cup a tea son),all he is, is the monkey who has to follow orders from the higher preists and they have there hands up the :mad: of all of them.

Now,about the pay talks,since we have lost alot of buisness from STN through no fault of our own then what are we looking at % wise,3%,4% what! We need to keep it sweet and not to go overboard with stupid ideas.Let us all harmonies and agree on something as important as this.

D-ABAA
21st Nov 2007, 13:33
No diggin at anyone, surely??

Its a well known phrase on the ramp now?:ok:

TUGNBAR
21st Nov 2007, 16:03
That sounds like a great idea........ loose all your business, and then start pay negotiations.

GRIZZLER
21st Nov 2007, 18:34
CANT SEE THE PROBLEM ASKING FOR A RISE..WE STILL HAVE TO LIVE...I DONT THINK THE GIRL ON THE TESCOS CHECKOUT WILL GIVE THE STUFF AWAY AND I STILL HAVE TO GET TO WORK EVEN IF THERE IS F:mad:K ALL TO DO WHEN I GET THERE.....START AT 5% AND WORK UP.DOUBLE TIME FOR SUNDAYS AND ANY O/T AFTER MIDNIGHT.
:ok:

GRIZZLER
21st Nov 2007, 18:40
I WAS ON THE NORTH SIDE OF STN LAST WEEK AND SEE A MENZIES BAGGAGE EXPRESS VAN .....MAYBE ON A SCOUTING MISSION.
:cool:

South Side 1
22nd Nov 2007, 15:23
Sorry I think I have entered the servisair page.

Maybe GH was right about Menzies, more fuel for the rumour mill.

TOWTEAMBASE
22nd Nov 2007, 21:53
Can i ask why people are being judged on the colour of the shirt they wear, alsmost racist like dont you think. Would it matter if they wer blue shirt then:=

South Side 1
23rd Nov 2007, 01:57
No judgement being made on anyones colour of shirt be it grey, blue, white, green or yellow. Just making an observation that it seems like a servisair gathering (not that there's anything wrong with that).

From whats being said it sounds like servisair are having a usual clean up !
How oftern will they let one of their customers go to another handling agent (hardly ever).
But every now and then they have a clean up, loose all the contracts that are low payers, alot of agro and in general not worth it.
This reduces overheads, penaltys etc and then after a while go for everything again once the bank balance is looking good. Ryanair sound familiar.:cool:

Its been a long time since I've heard someone say "shink", brings back good memories.:ok:

sat1
23rd Nov 2007, 10:42
CANT SEE THE PROBLEM ASKING FOR A RISE..WE STILL HAVE TO LIVE...I DONT THINK THE GIRL ON THE TESCOS CHECKOUT WILL GIVE THE STUFF AWAY AND I STILL HAVE TO GET TO WORK EVEN IF THERE IS F:mad:K ALL TO DO WHEN I GET THERE.....START AT 5% AND WORK UP.DOUBLE TIME FOR SUNDAYS AND ANY O/T AFTER MIDNIGHT.

You need to put your views to your union shop stewards--assuming YOU are in the union!!!!!

trap2
23rd Nov 2007, 13:35
HI GUYS, THOUGHT I,D JOIN IN ON THE RUMOUR MILL. JUST TO LET YOU KNOW S/AIR TALKING TO AT LEAST 3 AIRLINES AT THE MO. THINK YOU LOT SHOULD START AT 6% BEFORE YOU GET SHAFTED. :ok:

GRIZZLER
23rd Nov 2007, 16:38
NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU....mate!!!.....I THOUGHT ONE IDEA OF A UNION WAS ....TO BE UNITED....CANT SEE THAT UNLESS SOMEONE BRINGS IN A FEW GALLON OF SUPER GLUE........LET ME KNOW IF THINGS CHANGE.

WHAT YOU NEED IS SOMEONE WITH B:mad:KS

GRIZZLER
23rd Nov 2007, 16:41
i Think Trap2 Is A Nice Person...start At 6% Then.

diamond hanger
23rd Nov 2007, 21:20
Well known phrase!!!!!! Don't be stupid,it's a typical dig at a certain person but enough of that,it's boring.That's the problem with servisair,rumours,the company thrives on it.Do not believe anything until you are chocking,stepping,power and the infamous CONES!

As i was in talks with a certain person from the higher level of the company,he was telling me some things that i do believe are very correct at present time: 1/ Loss of certain contracts
2/ Loss of workers(temp)
3/ Reshuffle of shifts

and must'nt forget the big one-REDUNDENCIES

As the new year approaches we shall see what lays in store for the colleagues of a once great company-SERVISAIR.

diamond hanger
23rd Nov 2007, 21:23
He might be a very nice person but his head is way up in the clouds im afraid.Not once has the company started at 6%,maybe over a 2yr deal with other little clauses chucked in for good measure but honestly,think about it mate.

sat1
23rd Nov 2007, 22:21
Hey diamond......lighten up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stn ladooo
23rd Nov 2007, 22:30
take a chill pill diamond hanger..............:ok:

trap2
24th Nov 2007, 17:25
Hey diamond, do you wear a white shirt by any chance? My head may be in the clouds but at least its not up my ar:mad:se.

sat1
24th Nov 2007, 18:16
does diamond like to keep his hair......just so?????? hhmmmmmmmm

tgwu stn
24th Nov 2007, 20:04
I hope the employees of Servisair don't fall into the trap of a low pay increase with all this gloom and doom about,what Servisair management will not tell you is what they have in the pipe line for next year.
Having a low pay increase or agree to have no increase will not save jobs. I think 5% or 6% is about right if you consider the cost of living increases in the last year ie mortgage rates ,petrol,and weekly shopping bill, Gas ,Elec to rise early in the New Year by 10% due to cost of oil we also know that your Council tax will rise by over the rate of inflation.
Go for fair increase because the company could not care less about you or your family when it comes down to it, being loyal and working hard counts for nothing if they have get rid of people.

Subject 117
24th Nov 2007, 22:04
You're having a laugh tgwu but there again it doesn't surprise me

TOWTEAMBASE
24th Nov 2007, 22:43
That sounds like a chat up line SAT1, what does that have to do with aviation;)

diamond hanger
25th Nov 2007, 11:03
Dude....calm down down son,don't forget it's only a forum....I understand where your coming from as with the figure for the pay negotiations but all i was pointing out that if the union sits around the table and lays that figure down what do you think the management will do! I have my doubts but as they say,each to their own.

Hey you other two i am so chilled that im freezing so no need to worry about me my friends....i think you are all special in different ways:ok:

trap2
25th Nov 2007, 19:55
Point taken mate. Think the union will be banging their heads against a brick wall for any kind of rise but you've gotta start some where.:ugh:

diamond hanger
26th Nov 2007, 11:49
Trap2...because the company has lost so many flights that are not always down to management but BAA the colleageus of S/A need to work together with the union to come to some agreement on a figure for the pay negotiations.
Reading GRIZZLERS comments shows the mentality of certain people who,if are actually in the UNION!!!!
SAT1 is probably a great person but loves to contribute something which he actualy doesn't know whats going on-no disrespect to you SAT1
AA are not happy with Swissport at this present time so maybe Servisair could possibly have talks with the company,who knows!!!!!!!hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm as SAT1 puts it.

D-ABAA
26th Nov 2007, 15:02
Diamond Hanger why are AA not happy with Swissport then?

D-ABAA

wozzel
26th Nov 2007, 18:10
if u spent more time training the men instead of being a tea boy s/air would be a better place to work :=

wozzel
26th Nov 2007, 19:16
the union is weak .we have yes men strike now sticky this could be your finist hour .bring back andy b

Capt Wannabe
26th Nov 2007, 21:56
Do you know who exactly in AA is not happy with Swissport? If there is any truth in this then I suggest they tell Swissport......:ok:

D-ABAA
27th Nov 2007, 08:46
Wozzel???

Please post again in English this time, so I can understand what your saying, and lets not get personal, simply no need on here to name people:=

diamond hanger
27th Nov 2007, 09:27
Through the grapevine my friend.....when your in a position to hear these things you automatically stand up and listen to the latest gossip but WHO! believes in rumours and gossip....DO YOU!!!!!

Hey wozzel...lovely piece of writing there...can't wait to see what happens:ok:

GRIZZLER
27th Nov 2007, 09:38
I AM GLAD TO SEE THINGS HAVE CHANGED FOR YOU, I THINK YOU HAVE GOT IT RIGHT THIS TIME....NO NEWS FROM 747 HEAVY YET. YOU MIGHT SEE HIM IN THE CLOUDS.

GRIZZLER
27th Nov 2007, 09:48
THE SAME AS NORMAL.....:mad: ALL.....MORE CHANCE OF GETTING SIX NUMBERS UP.......( wednesday and saturday)

trap2
27th Nov 2007, 10:34
Diamond hanger, i never said s/air had lost any contracts that were down to managment you're putting words in my mouth..TUT.TUT:=. We all know that s/air has lost a lot of work through no fault of their own.Will be interesting to see what kind of deal the union can thrash out especially with these new contracts just around the corner...oops what am i saying:oh:........WOZZEL no names mate keep it friendly not personal.

D-ABAA
27th Nov 2007, 11:15
DH im supprised that you would listen to rumours

D-ABAA
27th Nov 2007, 13:34
Your very funny indeed!

Flexibility from a lot of others would be a change of shifts which almost seems certain, from what the union guys are saying, but find me 1 ramp guy who will work part time! :yuk:

D-ABAA
27th Nov 2007, 14:32
Well im sure Subject 117 you will have a VERY hard time attempting to make part time roles within the ramp. I will stand from a distance and simply laugh.

D-ABAA

its all gotta go
27th Nov 2007, 15:07
well it seems to me there are a few problems within camp at servisair. if the managment are that bad why hasnt anyone sent an email to head office in manchester to let them know. A surprise visit could be made from the top, or they could just go on this website to read it for themselves.:ugh:

wozzel
27th Nov 2007, 19:08
i must apologize it was not ment to be personal .i would just like to see the men get a decent pay rise.we work hard all year round rain or shine for peanuts ! never mind mite get a mince pie at christmas:ok:

wozzel
27th Nov 2007, 19:25
I May Have Let My English Vocabulary Dwindle Some What Lately As I Am Learning Polish.thats Where The Future Is:d

sat1
27th Nov 2007, 20:48
I hope the employees of Servisair don't fall into the trap of a low pay increase with all this gloom and doom about,what Servisair management will not tell you is what they have in the pipe line for next year.
Having a low pay increase or agree to have no increase will not save jobs. I think 5% or 6% is about right if you consider the cost of living increases in the last year ie mortgage rates ,petrol,and weekly shopping bill, Gas ,Elec to rise early in the New Year by 10% due to cost of oil we also know that your Council tax will rise by over the rate of inflation.
Go for fair increase because the company could not care less about you or your family when it comes down to it, being loyal and working hard counts for nothing if they have get rid of people.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
At the risk of not knowing what I'm talking about,what is so wrong with 5%? If you take rpi plus a VERY modest bit on top you have got to be getting to that figure?YES/NO.Please feel free to enlighten this poor dim baggage handler!!!!

wozzel
27th Nov 2007, 21:00
Why Have A Pay Rise Just Ask For Double Time On Sundays And A New Hoover .:d

stn ladooo
27th Nov 2007, 21:42
Got a minute..

Any concrete news on new airlines we have???? or trying to get?????

As for pay increase, you have the right idea sat 1, 5% is a good figure to go for, but see it being very hard to achieve.
who knows our rep might be wearing his lucky socks....:ok:

sat 1 - i thought you would have said something along the lines as...
5% + a steak and kiddney pie.....:E

we all have to stick together......

LONE CHOCK
28th Nov 2007, 08:50
Come on guys its seems to have gone a bit quiet all of asudden. Lets have some more of that lovely gossip bout servisair ANYONE! :D

tgwu stn
28th Nov 2007, 10:28
Its all gotta go.
Send a e-mail to Manchester HQ thats sure way to find yourself on to top of the redundancy list.

Wozzel
Its not the Union that is weak ,a Union is only as strong as its members and we know they have not got any b:mad:s ask them why the did nothing when Servisair sacked their Shop Steward for one mistake bet they wish he was still there now.

Flexible rosters 6 on 3 off is on the way and no pay increase and a tin of sweets on Christmas Day.

Lets all stick together except Cargo we alright jack.

sat1
28th Nov 2007, 10:58
As a union we have no-one to blame except US.Very rarely do we act as a union ie unite together,one voice.Cargo have their agenda,the undercroft are frightened to wipe their own backsides incase they are threatened with rosta changes,and ramp(pax a/c) argue between 4/2 and 5/3,always have,always will.Management just sit back and laugh at us and who can blame them?

Once the pay talks are done and dusted watch the announcements of new contracts being won(with some lost ones coming back as well)
Look out swissport(EZY) you are the ones who should be worried.Lets face it,its common knowledge that AA have had enough of you.TK and cyprus are feeling the same and what about the rumours of Norwegian?
Next it will be germanwings.What a slippery slope you're on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sat1
28th Nov 2007, 11:01
Did I forget to mention....................

I LOVE MY JOB!!!!!!!
the future is blue.........................

stn ladooo
28th Nov 2007, 11:01
Bring BACK Andy Bright

D-ABAA
28th Nov 2007, 13:16
Why??????????????????

tgwu stn
28th Nov 2007, 14:05
Sat 1
A lot of what you say i agree with at least when a certain Shop Steward was there you new he would do his best to fight for the members and try and keep the members together and management did not do as like as they do now,has anyone at Servisair got any b:mad:s:confused:.
What have we got now a Shop Steward who can't make his mind up which side he's on and you all voted him in.( like turkeys voting for Christmas)
Have the members at Servisair got a backbone i think we are about to find out!!!
Germanwings would like to go Aviance or to Servisair who would do it for nothing as its the only way Servisair are going to win a contract.
The Airlines will be aware there could Union problems with the pay talks on going so are unlikely to sign up to new contract until settled.:(

tgwu stn
28th Nov 2007, 14:26
stn ladooo
Too late for that you had your chance.

D-ABAA
Because Management respected him,i am afraid we will pay the price of not supporting him when he needed it.

its all gotta go
28th Nov 2007, 16:15
his good with steps though.:D

wozzel
28th Nov 2007, 18:55
Thats rite mate the union is only as strong as the workers and at this point we have no one with balls.even the ramps hard man did f:mad:k all to help his mate when he f:mad:ed up.AB was all for the workers till u wanted overtime then he showed his true colours;

LONE CHOCK
29th Nov 2007, 08:42
Past tence guys lets move on.Think ABs happy where he is, hopefully if he f :mad: s up there they wont dump him as quickly as servisair did LC

wozzel
29th Nov 2007, 17:37
lets hope his career at aviance is a STEP in the rite direction:D

LONE CHOCK
29th Nov 2007, 23:04
Get the attitude that everybody thinks their perfect n what they do eachday n everyway but n all honesty their fooling themselves were all just a digit n servisairs big timespace.Soon as its time to go were gone believe me :{LC

LONE CHOCK
29th Nov 2007, 23:22
Lets carry on as always :ugh: its what servisair do nothins gona change :D

xxx5572
30th Nov 2007, 08:48
Reading few the threads on this subject you really do talk some c:mad:! Im sure you said back in the summer that EZY were all but over with swissport and what came of that. I think you went pretty quiete after what turned out to be a certainty by your books never happened. And how you can say its common knowledge that AA are not happy with swissport, how? why? who exactly? After all the AA has been on time or early pretty much everyday except for a few occasions and none of which are swissport related. Again about TK, argue your case instead of making all these sweeping statements.

Ok and another point if swissport does lose all these contracts which you say is going to happen, does servisair have enough staff to cope with that kind off schedule and adhere to the standards set by the airlines, i think not, if im wrong tell me how. For once stop making up these stories and back them up with evidence!! :eek:

And before you post back what i dont want to hear is ' well i know someone thats in a position to know' or 'i have heard' as this is not evidence. If you have servisair management telling you that EZY are in talks and hang on as things will get better then i might believe you.

I know this is a rumour network however you seem to have the same story everytime and nothing ever comes of it which is why it would be best if you only posting rumours that MIGHT ACTUALLY HAPPEN!!

May it aslo be a little case of jealousy that your not working for the better handling agent :p:p:ok:

sat1
30th Nov 2007, 10:44
hi, xxx ,long time no hear,ok lets see if I can respond to your many points:
EZY have not been happy with swissport for some considerable time but have been unable to rectify the problem YET. The other handling agents have not shown the desired interest in the product,however,Menzies are NEVER far away,they are hungry for work anywhere--fact.
With regard to AA I stand by what I said and time WILL tell.
The same is true re TK,and that DID come from on high.
As for servisair having enough staff to cope with all the potential work,that has to be the dumbest comment ever!! What company would have that amount of slack manpower!!!! Please,come back down to earth.
I dont have the ear of servisair management and if I did I certainly would'nt take everything said as gospel.
As for this site being a rumour network------WELL DONE!!!! you got summit rite(wozzel) As for jealousy,I am on record as saying.......................I LUV MY JOB and the future
IS BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

trap2
30th Nov 2007, 12:31
OK YOU LOT,WANT SOME FACTS HERE WE GO. S/AIR HAVE BEEN APPROCHED BY GERMAN WINGS FACT,TRANSAVIA FACT, CYPRUS FACT, NORWEIGIAN FACT...S/AIR ARE IN THIS GAME TO MAKE MONEY UNLIKE SWISSPORT WHO TAKE ON CONTRACTS FOR NEXT TO NOTHING SO CAN ONLY PAY THEIR WORKERS PEANUTS FACT.AND NO I'M NOT A S/AIR MANAGER I AM A SIMPLE BAGGAGE HANDLER WORKING FOR S/AIR WHO IS THE BEST HANDLER ON THE AIRPORT BY MILES EARNING MY £30,000 A YEAR,THANKYOU S/AIR.......FACT:D. NICE ONE SAT1, WHOEVER YOU ARE.:ok:

tgwu stn
30th Nov 2007, 14:50
Trap2
The facts are all the Airlines talk to all the handling agents and play them off against each other to get the best deal.:=
What matters at the end of day to Airlines is the price and the service you get.:D
If you are on £30.000 a year you don't have life,or your a White Shirt or Trainer or STL enjoy it while you can it will not be for much longer!!!
The facts are Servisair have had to go back to the Airlines and lower their price and who is going pay for this their employees if they win contracts stand by for restructering:{
Has anybody got b:mad:s at Servisair Union Reps offering to do the cleaning and 6 on 3 off ,management must p:mad:g themselves laughing.:ok::ok:

trap2
30th Nov 2007, 15:21
IN ANSWER TO TGWU...TRUTH HURTS DON'T IT MATE.:ok:.COME THE SUMMER I KNOW WHO I,D RATHER BE WORKING FOR AND IT AIN,T SWISSPORT.:{.COULD NOT AFFORD SUCH A MASSIVE DROP IN WAGES FOR A START.AND COULD SOMEBODY TELL ME ABOUT ALL THIS RESTRUCTURING AND SHIFT CHANGES THATS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN BECAUSE SOMEONES TALKING OUT OF THIER :mad:.

xxx5572
30th Nov 2007, 16:27
So you stand by many of your comments but are still unable to tell me exactly were the information came from, its not confidential or you dont treat its as confidential as you are openly discussing the topic on this forum so there can be no reason why you cant tell us all.
The AA story has gone from you saying its fact to you now stand by your comment! Thats not what i asked. why are they not happy? who is it that is not happy?
Yes EZ have had some problems but is more than on its way to being adresses maybe because our management consults fully with all parties to correct the situation. But if they wanted to move agents then wouldnt now be the best time before christmas then the new year and summer to allow for training of staff if servisair was to be awarded with the contract?
And trap 2, i love how you say things as fact and at the same time say you have no part in management. what....do the airlines come and see you with the problems and contracts, i think there is a commercial department that deals with that. And yes maybe some airlines have approached servisair but means nothing until a tender is put out or the termination of a contract.
With new contracts especially if we talk about the EZY, if menzies comes in and snaps up the contract who will they employ, let me tell you the workers from the agent that just lost their job and will that change the quality of handling and make EZY the slickest operation ever at STN i doubt it very much as the poor performance tends to come from the epmloyee themselves.
I am not arguing that this network is pointless but it just seems to be the same record being played over and over again.

Finally sat 1 i an very pleased to hear you love your job so much as i would hate to ever think you would take up a career in law as your cases would thrown out with lack of evidence :{. Look forward to hearing back from you!!!! :p:p:ok:

South Side 1
30th Nov 2007, 16:43
Sounds like someone needs to get out a bit and get some fresh air, think those aviation fumes have gone to your head.
no one gets that excited over throwing bags, and to be earning 30K you must be living there.

South Side 1
30th Nov 2007, 16:51
Triple X, well done never a truer word said :D:D.
There must be so many ears pressed against doors its surprising any work gets done.

trap2
30th Nov 2007, 17:34
WOW!!!!! I'VE OBVIOUSLY I'VE HIT A NERVE CHAPS, LETS JUST WAIT UNTIL THE SUMMER WHEN WE CAN SAY "WE TOLD YOU SO!".ANYWAY TIME TO STOP GOING ROUND IN CIRCLES.:zzz:

diamond hanger
30th Nov 2007, 19:04
Well,well guys and gals,i think it's a bit late to be argueing about the union now.The fact is s/a are making redundancies starting from the top and working through the ranks,which means,any one who is 5/3-4/2-4/4,qaulified A1,A2,A3,A4 and handles luggage is in the firing line:eek:

S/a may be looking at other contracts but to get them and keep them s/a will have to lower their prices(and that's a FACT!!!!).As someone mentioned,it's a dog eat dog world out there and there's no room for hanging about.

Sat 1,please can you supply rock hard evidence about EZY,TK,AA etc that they are looking to join s/a's books. I don't think they will join s/a only because of the redundancy situation and musn't forget to say that any one who is made redundant they cannot employ any more workforce for another 6 months+(and that's a FACT) xxxxxxx

diamond hanger
30th Nov 2007, 19:12
Listen to rumours-you can't get away from the dam things-you of all people should now that?

GRIZZLER
30th Nov 2007, 19:24
Sorry Peeps, But I Thought I Was The Grizzler...your All Doing Me Out Of A Job.
:{

Hollymead
30th Nov 2007, 19:31
Trap2 , glad to hear you like your job , but as all the airport know , the S/Air boys who got TUPED to Swissport FR nearly 6 years ago are all pulling 40k plus , so does that make S/Air the best handler for giving them the contract or Swissport the best handler for paying them ?

TOWTEAMBASE
30th Nov 2007, 19:51
No prizes for guessing where you might be receiving your mince pie though hey wozzle :eek:

South Side 1
1st Dec 2007, 02:03
Supurb Diamond Hanger:ok:.
As I said earlier sounds as though Servisair is having another clean out getting rid of the dead wood and make a fresh start.
With reference to the swissport people on servisair contracts there cant be many left as the last I heard they where getting rid of them one way or another, sacked, forced to sign swissport contract or just generally left the airport/swissport and that was a couple of years back.
Airlines are no different to you and I, if we want to buy a car we look around we dont just take the first thing that comes along, and as for the the minions (we're all just tadpoles in a big F:mad:G pond) dishing out facts about airlines signing contracts is laughable unless its multi tasking in down time as commericial directors (shink not)!!

diamond hanger
1st Dec 2007, 21:02
Now,now gotta go, no need to get personal on here mate,it's a forum,that's all. I beg to differ my friend that S/A ARE making redundancies within the next couple of weeks or longer but they will happen. They will start from the top and work downwards and yes i do agree that the managment(if you can call them that) should be looked at first.Why do we need that many people in the back office who i see not actually doing a great deal. There have been many people on here writing about management,are we talking about the 1's in the ivory tower OR the 1's in the back office? Let us clarify whom we should be talking about.

Haven't heard from Sat 1 for a long time,is this person ok or playing the field? xxxxxxxxx

wozzel
1st Dec 2007, 23:11
the people who will loose their jobs r us the grafters.lets get rid of the sick notes or the lazy b:mad:tds.but no make enough tea or kiss enough a:mad:s your made .

PPRuNe Pop
2nd Dec 2007, 07:31
Heads up please.

This thread has taken a dive and no longer represents anything!

You had all better get your act together and stop using it as a chat venue or a place where some of you vent your spleens. It needs to be intelligent - no text speak - no shouting (capital letters) - no swearing disguised or otherwise and definitely no abuse.

At the first sign of further deterioration it gets closed.

Btw. A couple of you have been banned from this thread altogether.

PPP

Subject 117
2nd Dec 2007, 15:45
its all gotta go has got to go, that is not acceptable under any circumstances :rolleyes:

TOWTEAMBASE
2nd Dec 2007, 20:51
Well done PPRUNE "white shirts", its about time someone stopped this rubbish. You should ALL be ashamed of ourselves. Whatever you think about your managment, we should all be supporting each other, whatever the colour shirt you wear. Why would you all want to gloat that your workmates (i use the term very loosely) and others in your proffesion could be out of work for xmas. And as for the personnal attacks, they were guttless. Lets face it, a vast majority of us share the same restroom, so if you dont have the guts to say it to the individuals faces, dont say it at all. Lets get the tongues working with some good ol fashioned rumours, not rubbish that makes peoples life hell because every working minute of the day, someone is talking about it.

diamond hanger
2nd Dec 2007, 22:58
I would hate to rain on your parade but you have used shouting words(capitals) to all of us,just thought i would clarify that but yes pprune is correct,this is a forum for the use by all people who work in the Aviation industry and to post rumours,news anything that may or maybe not true. I personally would apologise to any members on here if i have offended them in any way and i believe those who have been barred from this site should do the same as with all of us,you know who you are!
Right back to the good stuff,as i said before,there will be redundancies within servisair and if that happens they might even change the shift patterns,who knows? We shall see! xxxx

P.S-I hope Sat 1 is well and kicking,love that person x

South Side 1
2nd Dec 2007, 23:22
Back to the task at hand.
With the talk of redundancies at STN, and servisair gaining Exel at LGW it would nice to see no redundancies and busing staff down to LGW, not really ideal for staff but at the end of the day its still an income surely it makes sence.

PPrune good call.

D-ABAA
3rd Dec 2007, 08:56
Spoke to a Aviance guy this morning and he says that they are not prepared for the Maxjet contract. Although there is a month still to go, he said that the Aviance management have not prepared for the contract yet. He said they havnt got the staff numbers and would have to cover it with overtime, also he said there was an issue with not enough steps to cover Maxjets, ie some in DH and on stand, not enough steps to go round.

But as always we will see.

D-ABAA

sat1
3rd Dec 2007, 11:32
of course I am
dabba makes a good point about the lack of steps,I guess servisair could always hire their surplus ones for a modest fee!!

sat1
3rd Dec 2007, 12:52
He said they havnt got the staff numbers and would have to cover it with overtime,

Covering a new contract won by means of a serious reduction in price with staff on overtime does'nt appear to make sound financial sense...but hey this is aviation Will.

D-ABAA
3rd Dec 2007, 13:33
Oh well I wonder if Maxjet will realise their mistake just like Turkish.

Sir_Digby_Hotpot
3rd Dec 2007, 19:03
Firstly i would like to concur with the honorable gentleman d-abba as to the the preparation and steps for the forthcoming Maxjet contract awarded to aviance, or as is now the case the lack thereof.

Secondly regarding the point raised by the honorable gentleman sat1 as to the leasing of servisair equipment to aviance, i think it would be a prudent if servisair refused to lease or lend any equipment, as losing a contract such as Maxjet would be significantly detrimental to them, whilst foolishly lending equipment to another competing business to help the knavish louts that work there try and act as slighlty sentient beings capable of wiping there own back sides!

You see back in my day the managemnt had the balls to say " heres a shilling, go and tell somebody who cares" but this greatly depends on the business acumen of the servisair management and to a greater extent the size of there balls!

I bid you a fond farewell, as im off fox hunting. Tallyho!!

sat1
6th Dec 2007, 09:25
Why do swissport insist that the AA operation is running smoothly? Whilst operating on adjacent stands I see what really happens and that includes the first bin going down woefully late( first bag time and all that).Please can someone explain the 'hiccup' with the freight the other day?--or did that all go smoothly--I think not!!

zero trim
6th Dec 2007, 18:58
I hear one of these boys MJ or Eos is looking to operate from Northside with a new set up.

BIZZYBOY
6th Dec 2007, 19:12
Yes but will the BAA allow that to happen!! all those wealthy businessmen not going through duty free..... I think not somehow

Capt Wannabe
6th Dec 2007, 21:42
Please can someone explain the 'hiccup' with the freight the other day?--or did that all go smoothly--I think not!!

Do tell - that sounds very interesting.......:confused:

I take it from your comments you have seen the FBLB times for AA? Which day are you suggesting was so 'woeful'?

Westofhere
6th Dec 2007, 21:43
Sat 1
Swissport insist the AA operation is going smoothly simply because it is. Simple as that. Not sure what you imagine you are seing from adjacent stands but clearly its not a clear view. Bag times are just fine and there are no problems.
Not much point in saying much more really. The facts and customer airline satisfaction speak for themselves on this one.
End of story and no malicious comment or intent will change that for those that actually know and care for the facts.

SoStanstedFuel
6th Dec 2007, 23:38
I have to vote with the Capt and Westy on this one.

I've heard no complaints from the AA staff or crews regarding the service provided by Swissport, in fact they have only praised them. The local AA staff seem to have great confidence in them.

I'm told there have been no delays down to the ground handlers, and when a change to procedure was required to address a problem that had arisen, Swissport put a new procedure in place. This is not to say the the entire Stansted operation is running how they'd like it to, just that Swissport does not seem to be an area of concern for them locally.

I can't say whether the above is correct, only that it has come from a number of AA staff members with knowledge of the matter. Should you wish to argue that I am making false/bias statements then please do not bother, as i'm not interested in being part of the petty Servisair Vs. Swissport squabble that seems to be polluting this forum.

One further comment regarding comments about Aviance not being prepared for the Maxjet launch:

I've seen contracts come and go over the years, and I don't recall any of the new contract holders having new equipment arrive more than two weeks before the contract starts (to do so would be an unnecessary expense). It should be of no concern that the equipment is not on the airfield as we speak, should Aviance not be able to source these items from another UK station which has spare capacity, i'm sure they've already signed a contract with a leasing company.

SSF

sat1
7th Dec 2007, 22:04
with the suspension of share trading of maxjet shares how will Aviance continue forward?Will they survive?I mean that seriously--have they enough work to survive?Must be a very disconcerting time for them.

GRIZZLER
8th Dec 2007, 09:01
maybe servisair and aviance can hold hands and go down the road together....or start a new firm called.....tows r us.:ok:

snillocsat4
8th Dec 2007, 12:19
Never mind eh,all those grizzlers at s/a will get the chance soon to get another job

trap2
8th Dec 2007, 15:30
Back again, was banned for a week for shouting so apologies to all concerned.surprised to hear about maxjet apparently not doing so well as i read on their website that they won an award for best buisness class airline 2007 and have just applied for another route lax to china.So what gives:confused:

GRIZZLER
8th Dec 2007, 15:44
welcome back trap2.....mate .....dont forget no uppercasing. unless you talk to me and i dont give a hoot.

tip of the week... dont buy shares in maxjet with your redundancy money.

trap2
8th Dec 2007, 16:08
hi grizz, thanks mate.not looking to good at s/air at the moment.thinking of going into yak breeding any advise mate.

Techjet
8th Dec 2007, 17:07
S/air's looking very bad, apparently Avi wont employ any of the s/air staff who try and apply to them! yak breeding sounds good trap2, any other bright ideas??! :D

Just want to add if Maxjet dont go under, they'll be begging to go back to S/air within a couple of months, just like EAF were .

trap2
9th Dec 2007, 08:46
techjet, you can't be to intelligent:{ because it doesn't take to much to work out that aviance at the moment have very little ramp work so have a lot of surplus men sittng around which means that they will give maxjet a very good service.:E did hear from a swissport chap that norweigian are thinking of pulling out of stansted can anybody clarify this,thanks chaps.

Techjet
9th Dec 2007, 10:45
Not giving away too much but i work in a manageral position and have had this rumor confirmed by the airline themselves, It looks like next year could be a very quiet one for Stansted! :sad:

trap2
9th Dec 2007, 11:28
thanks for that old chap guess we're all the same boat just a case of all the handling agents hanging in there.who knows what next year will bring.the way baa are hiking up there prices not a lot i should think:(

Techjet
9th Dec 2007, 21:41
maybe with the extra space larger airlines will come in, i know virgin have had some talks.... not sure if anything will come of that tho! Heard today S/air WILL be having the joys of the merged My Travel and Thomas cook as from march 2008! :ok:

GRIZZLER
10th Dec 2007, 03:17
servisair will not have to wait untill march 2008 when thomascook and mytravel merge as it is happening now...it all depends on which flight number they come in on,as to who handles who........as its been done already.....and dont forget firstchoice.

offroader
10th Dec 2007, 17:57
just to say hi and to say keep on moaning :D

Techjet
10th Dec 2007, 18:07
yes mr know it all, :8 we all know they've merged already but as from march 2008 s/air will handle them under both flight numbers (or the one as it will be then) not just the MYT side.

as for 1st choice and thomson, they will be Tui and s/air still have that contract.

GRIZZLER
10th Dec 2007, 18:40
me know it all!!!!....you seem to be the one that had the janes book of aircraft turnrounds for lunch...try looking in the mirror.....mate:p

Techjet
10th Dec 2007, 18:54
Glad you put the mate on the end of that or i'd of been offended!! i thought this was about telling eachother what you know so i did. :hmm:

GRIZZLER
10th Dec 2007, 19:19
i would think you should be no more offended than me being called ..mr know it all........i was just saying what i knew ,as servisair have already worked on a thomas cook which they dont normally do at stn.

lets hope you are correct.......as it might save a few servisair blokes from going down the road.
:O
merry xmas.

Dispatchbird
10th Dec 2007, 21:39
HI guys, I'm here to inform and discuss. . . . .! Grizzler, nice to see your upsetting people as always!!!!! :=

trap2
10th Dec 2007, 22:00
welcome aboard dispatch bird, do you have anything that you would like to get off your chest;)

GRIZZLER
10th Dec 2007, 22:02
me....you must be getting me all wrong....but then again,they do say that the truth hurts.

anyway dont you be up to late....we dont want you to miss the early morning outbounds, do we......grizzle grizzle.

PPRuNe Pop
10th Dec 2007, 22:16
OK! You were warned and in spite of that we get new 'kids' who think they can just throw bricks around, waiting to see who picks them up to throw again. Enough is enough.

This thread is closed.

A new thread can be started in a few days but unless the slagging or childish abuse stops that one will be closed also.

PPP