PDA

View Full Version : Where should I go??? help

aiellosky
10th Nov 2007, 02:00
Hello guys,
This is my situation.
I am Brazilian/Italian citizen. I hold FAA multi commercial ifr and ANAC(Brazil) ATPL Multi/Com/IFR....1600 HOURS, 900 MULTI/50 King Air, but no turbine or any type rating.
I am 36 years old and i want to fly for an airline. It can be in the in Europe, Asia....anywhere.
Does anyone out there knows any place that i can get a airline FO job?
I really appreciate any kind of help
Thanks
Luis

redsnail
10th Nov 2007, 09:52
Hi Luis,

Join the club. :D (although I don't want an airline job!)

You've flown a King Air, that's got a turbine, 2 of them in fact.

If you wish to fly in Europe, you'll have to go through the pain and joy not to mention expense of converting your FAA licence to a JAA one. That will take some time and a lot of money.

I would be searching the net for employment type websites to get some leads and read trade magazines such as "Flight International" or the US equivalent to find work.

I am not sure how the US system works, but I don't think you're competitive for the majors but I am sure the regionals or smaller corporate outfits might look at you.

mita
10th Nov 2007, 10:41
Hi Luis ,

Iīm in a similar situation as yours ,Argentinian/Italian citizen FAA ATP with 1700 hours ,unfortunately not being in possession of at least a green card ,USA is a no-go. I live in Spain and have been looking into converting the Faa to Jaa and the cost would be about 5000 euros ,but I donīt know if itīs really worth it at this time. You could also try Africa or middle east if you donīt want to convert to jaa.