PDA

View Full Version : atpls

gd123
8th Nov 2007, 22:07
I need help, no matter how hard i work i only ever seem to get 75% or around that mark on all the feed back tests, going to bristol in december for mod 1 brush up, what is going to get me through the exams? Dont feel like i know enough to get me through the real thing, is the feed back good at bristol?

Mercenary Pilot
8th Nov 2007, 22:22
Try braking it down. Take the questions you got wrong and brush up in those areas and figure out WHY you got it wrong. Usually its just a misunderstanding of a basic concept. You will find that it all starts to slot into place, at that point you are ready for the exam.

Or just nail the feedback to death! (but please don't sit on here whining when you fail an interview because you look like a crap pilot who can't explain something fundamental)

P.S. How many times do you have to ask if the Bristol feedback is any good? :hmm:

Artie Fufkin
9th Nov 2007, 09:17
75% sounds like a pass to me!

Okay, I know you shouldn't aim for bare minimum. I remember doing my ATPLs and throughout the course, like you, seemed to average 75%ish, but managed to jump my overall average up to 89% between the mocks and the real thing.

I went through Oxford, so things may be a little different, but I suspect not. Do your best to learn the subject up as far as the mocks and then hammer the feedback in preparation for the real thing. I remember being told that most people's average "magically" leaps by about 10% using this method. So it sounds like your right on track for a good set of results.

Don't forget those fantastic exams like VFR and IFR comms, which only require 30 minutes of feedback overview on the morning of the exam to acheive a high 90s per centage which will drag your average up.

Like I said, I didn't study at Bristol, but everyone I met who did said their feedback was pretty spot on.

Good luck.

Subhuman
10th Nov 2007, 10:02
I've just sat my first module of exams (doing Cabair Modular) and the last 2 weeks before the exams my averages and such shot up, the instructors always said that on the whole everyone does better in the real thing than in their mock tests. Everyone feels a bit like you do before they walk in and do the real thing :).

I've heard good things about bristol, my PPL instructor did all of his stuff there and said they were great.