PDA

View Full Version : Silverjet vs Maxjet

Double Hydco
8th Nov 2007, 09:57
Could anyone who has flown to NYC on BOTH Silverjet and Maxjet offer a comparison of the two airlines from a passenger point of view?

We live very near STN, but Silverjet's private terminal and 30 min check-in is certainly an attraction.

Thanks DH

Hombre
13th Nov 2007, 11:44
Flew Maxjet from Stansted with family late August to JFK. Found the airport great as was the private lounge (cava!) and priority lane security clearance on outboard trip.

Going again next Easter. Maxjet was also slightly cheaper albeit seats do not lie 180degrees (silverjet) more 165 or so. CC excellent and great with kids. IFE very good also with hand held DVD players.

Seating arrangemnent is 2-2-2 with ample room fore and aft between each row. Flight was not full.

JFK immigration is infamous but what the hell. :ok:

Gonzo
13th Nov 2007, 16:37
I've flown Silverjet on four sectors, but not at all on MaxJet.

Silverjet were excellent in everything. The lounge at KEWR is a bit disappointing compare to the terminal at Luton. I have heard it reported that MaxJet's facility at JFK is a lot better (is it the Emirates lounge they use?)

If and when I go transatlantic again, my first choice would be Silverjet.

Hombre
14th Nov 2007, 15:00
Yeh, Maxjet lounge at JFK is very good and shared with other airlines but plenty of different rooms to relax in, incl glazed quiet room and easy internet access. There was no cava when we were there in August but plenty drink/food.

It's situated next door to Virgin's First Class lounge. Both lounges have great vistas to the apron. Once you leave the stand there can be a long queue of a/c before reaching main runway - further 30mins easy.

I prefer Stansted to Luton so Maxjet again next time.