PDA

View Full Version : Indigo Latest ?

himalaya
8th Nov 2007, 07:26
Does Anyone know what is the latest about Indigo/CAE program (F/O) ? I heard Many preselected for the training and recruitment are still waiting for their traiing in Denver/madrid and those who completed are still waiting to start with Indigo ?

Would appreciate if any one could shed some light.

Thanks

Robeki
8th Nov 2007, 15:28
There are quite a few people waiting for line training after having completed their TR with CAE. One of the problems seems to be paperwork, as is usual with India. I have also heard that the lack of TRI/TRE is affecting the influx of F/O. The information received is very lacking and some people are starting to get nervous.

Indigo signed a contract with CAE to train around 300 pilots. You would think this would mean exclusivity for CAE. But it doesn’t seem to be this way. A few other places in Europe and USA are advertising time building programs with Indigo. I wonder how legitimate some of these programs really are.

It seems that everyone that flies for Indigo is busy, because there isn’t much on PPRUNE.

himalaya
10th Nov 2007, 13:47
Thanks Robeki,

The reason is ,I am one of the candidates selected for the program and was asked to take up the training with CAE in Denver in August. Due to time constraints I could not and was told that I will be given another training date. I have been waiting to hear from CAE however havent heard from them surprisingly even my mails go unanswered. I feel a bit uncomfortable with this situation and wanted first hand info. from those who have completed their training with CAE in Denver and are presently with Indigo.

Anonymus6
10th Nov 2007, 17:25
the truth is nobody knows what is going on in India. I know several people that are waiting for months,,,,,,,and they paid a lot for the TR.

austra1998
11th Nov 2007, 16:57
hi,

i was in denver in august/september for the rating.
i have finished everything and i'm now waiting for the call from them.
i have received the contract signed by them more then a month ago.
the comunication with CAE is not always easy.
i know of 2 guys that are with indigo in line training now who did the CAE thing.
we are now 8 of us that are waiting for the call that should arrive soon.

all the best
austra

vinayak
12th Nov 2007, 08:42
do you'll have a indian cpl? just wondering...

himalaya
12th Nov 2007, 16:25
Hi Austra1998,

Thanks for the info. So, the program does seem to work. However, I have not been able to get an answer from CAE since OCT the last message from them was, they are working on the training schedule and as soon as they work it out they will contact me.

Vinayak,

For Indians as long as you hold CPL and have IR, Multi you are accepted (provided that you pass the Psychometry Test, Aviation technical test, English Test and selection Interview).

For others, I think Minimum 1000 hrs in Multi Engine and all the above mentioned Tests.

air_cowboy
13th Nov 2007, 17:20
so what is the cost of the TR with CAE??

vinayak
13th Nov 2007, 17:42
40,000$ Us

air_cowboy
14th Nov 2007, 05:35
that is a hefty sum... would it be prudent to spend that money when there are airlines offering jobs for nothing.... i guess if you arent willing to fly with a fan in front it would make sense... can u get bank loans for this amount???

cheers..

airlinefan
14th Nov 2007, 08:05
Guys as a poor Phil flyer I am trying to undersnatd this Indigo deal. What is the deal???? 40KUSD are they out of their mind. Are you guys really paying this??? Boy I hope not..............

vinayak
14th Nov 2007, 09:19
i dont mind flying anything! really! i dont even mind flying a light twin... all we have in india is atr's and 320/737s! and right now noone is recruiting...

cessna310
15th Nov 2007, 22:13
Hi,
Any one been to CAE Indigo selection?Please Share your experience about English test, Aviation knowledge, personal interview and Technical interview. Your help will be appreciated.:ok:
Does Indigo pay for Type Rating and Line Training?
Thanks,

cessna310.

vinayak
16th Nov 2007, 05:55
cessna310!!! no they don't pay for the TR or LOFT. the cost is 40,000$ for the same

Left Wing
16th Nov 2007, 10:48
kingfisher plans to get 100 pilots for 2008...so get in there asap.....

cessna310
16th Nov 2007, 17:41
Hi,
What are the requirement to get in?I got FAA and JAA frozen ATPL with less than 500 hour on GA a/c.Any info will be appreciated.
Reagrds,
cessna310.

air_cowboy
16th Nov 2007, 19:08
is that requirement for ATRs or 320?

vinayak
17th Nov 2007, 04:35
indian citizenship or PR, and indian cpl

JetABro
17th Nov 2007, 17:41
100 hrs on type

Mingo
19th Nov 2007, 06:23
They are very limited with Airbus instructors!! and the rate of flying is very slow. Everyday people is joining the company, specially Capt... and CAE will loose the contract quite soon.
100 airplanes is a "dream"... in real life this company will run no more than 40 aircrafts.
Actually, they have an aircraft under maintenance due to a step ladder collision! VT-INM:*

radical_100
30th Nov 2007, 07:06
As most of you might know, Kingfisher had a recent recruitment "drive" in Mumbai on 29th Nov, 2007. The recruitment was for trainee F/Os with ATR72s (Indian CPL), and trainee FOs for Airbus320 with foreign licenses. A320 was supposed to be self sponsored.

Elmer_mt
5th Dec 2007, 06:11
It's not worth it guys, once you've paid.. $40,000, i guess you're in the bag...the problem is you'll probably change you mind once you're here in India. Boy a lot of mess. Everything is mismanaged....chaotic at times. So I suggest... Think a thousand, rather a million times before you come here. But if in case you've paid... All I can say is....make the most of it and live your dream. :=

matthewgamm
6th Dec 2007, 16:21
Just out of curiosity, how much does a newly hired expat F/O (on the A320) make at Kingfisher Airlines?

air_cowboy
7th Dec 2007, 08:35
the KF A320 program is with CAE as well at either dubai, madrid or singapore ....cost $35,000.... does not include the checks on a/c that are done after u return with the TR,.... cost of checks... if i remember correctly 6-7 lakhs deducted from ur pay over the years (not sure on the last figure)...
this is the first for them too i think.... most operators goin doin this route now i believe.....
anyone been for the recent deccan induction??.. what was their procedure for the A320??

air_cowboy
7th Dec 2007, 09:06
heading for the INDIGO/CAE induction 'drive' next week in delhi...

can anyone who has been for one of these shed light on the aviation knowledge test, psychometric etc...

damn... they charge a 100 euros for the 'drive'.... what does that include?? high tea at the taj???.... guess they know there are fools like me who will pay.

viking320
8th Dec 2007, 22:12
when are you going to Indigo/CAE interview. if you dont mind where is it taking place ,costs, and all other details would be very helpful.

is it a Type rating program has anyone completed this before

where would be the training

air_cowboy
9th Dec 2007, 04:46
INDIGO DRIVE

CAE/INDIGO assessment for the A320 self sponsored TR program...written, english proficiency test, interview & a personal profile test...
cost of the TR is $40,000 and the training will be in Madrid lasting approx 2 months...
its happening in delhi on the 13th & 14th dec in the lemon tree hotel in gurgaon...
cost of assessment...100 euros to be paid by last week...

flightknight
10th Dec 2007, 15:04
That much money can buy you a new career in an entirely different field unlike the 6 month career of a pilot. I'm sure a few of us on this forum can promise you the moon for 1/4th the price.
Its possible to start your own airline operation if a 100 people pay $40,000 for their TR. This sort of stuff has happened in the past in India and its just another kickback scheme of someone more intelligent than the hapless, naive pilot investor.

matthewgamm
11th Dec 2007, 17:25
I believe that $35K and $40K are just the TR costs. The individual is on his own as far as his stay and food are concerned. Plus the costs involved in the various checks when he gets back from training. Earlier, the company paid their new hires an allowance for the time they were away at training. Not any more. Things are gradually changing.

Someone mentioned that KFA's contract was with CAE. Are you sure it is with this company?

air_cowboy
12th Dec 2007, 13:53
affirm matt... KF is with CAE.... madrid/dubai/singapore.

PPRuNe Towers
13th Dec 2007, 07:01
Be very very careful - it's dangerous water out there and we fear sharks abound.

How about this in the mail to PPRuNe yesterday:

Dear Sir,

We an established Ground Training School in New Delhi, India with over 70 students. Would you be interested in taking some students ?. If so, please confirm together with the details of your flying package together with our commission for the same. We can guarntee atleast 40 / 50 students a year. One of our student Mr. N S did his ground school with us and has just retured after doing his FAA CPL with you. We await your response.

Thanking you,

B. C.
President

PPRuNe an FAA part 141 or visa approved flight school? It appears Mr NS had a cracking good time with us here at the Towers! Or blind mailing to anything or anyone in aviation. There's a massive bandwagon for 'entreprenuers' to leap on using your money whatever the level you are at.

Caveat Emptor PPRuNers.

Rob

viking320
13th Dec 2007, 21:22
how was the interview .give us an insight how things went.

himalaya
13th Dec 2007, 21:55
I dont mean to discourage anyone. If you have money, time and want to take the chance of your life time Please go ahead. However, think hard what are you going to do if it doesnt work out. For those who have sound financial background (minus US$40,000 plus the time accomodation, food etc.) and other jobs to go back to, it wouldnt be a complete loss for those dont have any other jobs or are in tight condition, think twice.

Check my earlier posts for the process.

The Interview process is stright forward.

1. Written english Written exam similar to TOEFLor IELTS.
2. Written Exam Aviation genetral mix of everything such as Aerodynamic, Met, Radio nav, Human perf., etc. etc.
3. 1 Online Psychometry exam.
4. interview. ( Chief Pilot/Ops Director, Human resorces etc.)

If you make it (I did) you will receive a letter from Indigo saying that after you complete CAE training and obtain type rating you may be recruited as a second officer.

I didnt go for the earlier date August 07 because It didnt suit me. I asked for new training date, which they said they'd provide in due course of time, However, didnt receive from them. Those who trained in August are still waiting.

Earlier I would have gone for sure. Now, I have decided not to go. I know of a guy who actually had valid 320 type rating. He still went through the whole CAE program thinking that he would make up the money in a matter of months. he completed CAE training in Sept. however, he is still waiting.

Do it but have a backup plan if it doesnt work out.

Good luck !

viking320
17th Dec 2007, 04:57
hi
what happened at the interview please fill us in with the detils
viking

air_cowboy
17th Dec 2007, 07:43
alrite... back from the assessment

fairly straight forward ....

english test with about 200 question,
aviation knowledge test 50 questions with everything from met, ops, radio navigation, human perf, general navigation.... a little tricky.. set by CAE so a more european style of questions.

the interview with chief pilot/hr head/ ops ... not a very technical interview but more of personal profiling.

the only information i could get out of them was that they have just got another bus online and they need pilots to be trained quick and if offered the position they would want u in madrid within 4 weeks(time enough to arrange loan and visa etc).
after the training in madrid you get back and sign the contract , they help you with the paper work to get the rating on your license and next is to do the base check which is included in the price ($41,750) . following that is the suppies.
so round about 5 to 6 months before you fully online from the time you are given the opportunity.

as for me still unsure whether i would take it on if offered...it is a promising and stable company...and the market is drying up....:confused:

blue skies!!!!

Rahul B737
21st Dec 2007, 04:33
Can you give me more info about the KingFisher A320 self sponsered TR.
Where was this advertisement.
Is it only for Indian Nationals?
Where can I get some more info please.

Rahul B737
21st Dec 2007, 04:36
Why do you say it aints worth it.
It does look good. I mean it atleast a Guaranteed Jobv with KingFisher , right?
Also do you know if if this programe is only for Indian Nationals with a FAA CPL. I am of Indian origin, but live in the US.
Also what are their basic requirements.
Who can I can call about this programme.

Rahul B737
21st Dec 2007, 04:40
Het Air Cowboy,
Are you an Indian National.
What happened at the interview , plus do they ask for a Indian CPL. How are they going to endorse it on a FAA CPL.
Dont you have to have your Indian CPL to get the TR endorsed on your License.
I have Overseas Indian Citizenship but a US Passport. Am i eligible.
Please tell me. Please.

shuchim
29th Dec 2007, 01:27
hello sir ,
can u pls tell what is present sitiuation in india for pilot will it good to do pilot course now and there is cadet pilot scheme by spice jet and kingfisher .can u tell what question they will ask .and one importent thing that i have done aircraft maintenance engineering from delhi do it add some extra adventage to my pilot course .i would love to hear your reply .

getsetgo
27th Jan 2008, 03:12
:=
What is the guarantee that operator will continue operations?
What is the surety that the operator will successfully complete your training ( most expensive on earth)
What is the guarantee that in case training course gets interrupted and can you get back your money.
People will evaporate from the office when you ask them ,most likely you will never be able to find them.
Happened in VISA AIR ,never took off.:{
Even if all goes well you are a bonded labor for at least next 5 years, and 6 months bonded to DGCA for ANY NOTICE PERIOD.
During 6 months operator won’t give you your salary.
And will not carry out your recurrent trainings, and ensure you on road.:ugh:
All are making losses in operations and trying to make some easy money via different route.
When Indian industry is growing at 10% and making profits,
aviation is growing 25% and making losses.
If there is shortage of pilots question of paying training cost does not arise.:=
Seems very big time mess.:confused:

ssm
10th Feb 2008, 12:31
Hello everyone,
I dont quite know about the Indigo-CAE program but do have some information on the Kingfisher self financed A320 program. You go through the rounds (written exam, personal interview, psychometric, medical) and finally get a letter of intent from the airline. You need to pay for the 320 TR. Can be done at -
1. CAE, Madrid
2. Sim Center, Miami
Costs about $35k. The day you get back and have the FAA licence in hand in all probability, should be handed over the appointment letter. Pay scales should be about $4500 per month from there on.

Now my question is - does anyone have any inputs on the quality/type of training at CAE, Madrid or Sim Center, Miami. Been selected for this course I need to make a decision within this week whether I should/should not take this up and if I do which of the 2 centers do I wish to train.

Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

lunars
15th Feb 2008, 01:16
any info on the indigo .have you started flying in India.how is the other 8 finished the training doing. Has anyone started the line as FO.I went to the interview in Madrid .any info would be great
lunars

powerup
15th Feb 2008, 07:20
Guys,

I too got into Indigo's selection program and have been offered a Letter of Intent to hire me on succesful completion of the A-320 Type rating at Madrid and I should get it endorsed on my Indian license.

They state that they will facilitate the process with DGCA to get the endorsement on my license, but don't have a clue as to what lengths they will go...

If there are other 250 hr pilots out here who went and did their training at CAE and have actually made it into Indigo's RHS, please do share your experiences as it's a VERY BIG jump from piston engines to Jet's and I wanna make sure that I am not flushing my money down the drain...

Thanks

WannabeAirbusFlyer
16th Feb 2008, 19:49
Well myself and my co-trainee are here in Brussels as the 1st crew from IndiGo, with Sabena Flight Academy. We have similar letters of intent like the other dude from Chennai mentioned. Well couple of things about IndiGo and the whole process at large .......

1. IndiGo - FANTASTIC experience, been very helpful and encouraging. Our pay structures are substantially higher than other airlines in India. Ops is VERY well equipped, trained and motivated. The compâny has been in touch with us regularly.

2. Sabena - Very professional, and highly capable.

3. Line training - I dont know what the dudes in earlier posts were talking about lack of TRI/E's, all crock !! I just met TWO IndiGo TRE's here, and they said there are enough in IndiGo. :)

radical_100
2nd Mar 2008, 10:11
This might be on the wrong thread, please direct me if it is.

With Kingfisher and Indigo hiring foreign CPL F/Os on their self sponsored A320 type ratings, now I have heard that it is possible for them to fly on their foreign licenses (with the A320 endorsed on it), with the help of a FATA (Don't know what this stands for) from the DGCA. This way they can serve the company/companies and have to get their licenses converted within a period of two years.

Anyone care to verify this information please? Someone who is already flying as a FO on A320s in India.