PDA

View Full Version : Joint Services Gay Conference Highlights Progress Within Military

OHP 15M
7th Nov 2007, 18:14
http://www.raf.mod.uk/news/index.cfm?storyid=1463E553-1143-EC82-2E6E99B602FC1199

Me dear ? Gay dear ? How very, very dare you !

:E

FATTER GATOR
7th Nov 2007, 18:41
'The keynote speech came from Camp Bastion.....Lieutenant Bastion highlighted issues ranging from JSP 317 (Joint Service Safety Regulations for the storage and handling of lubricants) to Defence Packing running a number of training courses in the various aspects of Military packing'

And there I was thinking that they would be talking about carpet cleaning and playing the Oboe.

OHP 15M
7th Nov 2007, 19:20
FG,

Apparently the conference revealed that 70% of the Joint Services Gay community were born that way whereas the other 30% were sucked into it !

Tigs2
7th Nov 2007, 19:47
Are a gay couple who go through a 'civil partnership', which is not a marraige, given married quarters if requested??

SirToppamHat
7th Nov 2007, 19:55
Tigs2

Assuming a genuine question, the answer is yes, though I have not seen it on any of the patches I have been living. They are no longer called MQs (and haven't been for some years now), instead they are called Families' Quarters (FQs).

I suppose it's a measure of progress that the main issues raised in relation to this change were the poor initial attempts at defining what was meant by a 'long-term relationship' (this was in the days before Civil Partnerships), and whether the same qualifying standards would be applied to non-married heterosexuals. I believe they do, but again, I have no personal experience.

STH

Seldomfitforpurpose
7th Nov 2007, 20:00
Under what denomination do you class the guy who decides to elect for gender change and once re configured into womenhood decides "she" no longer likes guys but fancies women :rolleyes:

Lesbian............Hetro..............or seriously fecked up :p

4mastacker
7th Nov 2007, 20:12
Tigs2/STH

Slight thread creep. ISTR that they stopped being called 'MQ's after a female SNCO at a sleepy CHQ just outside Huntingdon had twins out of wedlock and took the RAF/MOD to court for discrimination when she was refused a quarter. Despite strong representations by RAF/MOD that the quarters were for formally married, i.e. heterosexual, couples, she won her case nevertheless.

OHP 15M
7th Nov 2007, 20:25
SeldomFFP,

Not sure of the denomination, but I'm sure many of us have often claimed to be a lesbian trapped in a man's body ?

Vie sans frontieres
8th Nov 2007, 06:16
Thou doth protest too much. Sounds like there's a few 'American Beauty' Colonels here. Don't worry guys, your secrets are safe.:rolleyes:

aviate1138
8th Nov 2007, 09:06
Vsf
"Thou doth protest too much. Sounds like there's a few 'American Beauty' Colonels here. Don't worry guys, your secrets are safe."

Veronica's Secrets?????

27mm
8th Nov 2007, 09:27
Well, Victoria's, really...

Mr-Burns
8th Nov 2007, 09:59
I'll scratch yer eyes out ........

BRASSEMUP
8th Nov 2007, 10:47
http://tinyurl.com/296mms
Now she's worth having a riding lesson with!!!!:E

Maxibon
8th Nov 2007, 11:24
Given that the RAF is now utterly diverse in its recognition of all genders and preferences, it is rumoured that in line with Married Quarters MQs for the straights, Families Quarters FQs for the gays/unmarried; Cottesmore is having a multi-million £ development of W**kers Quarters WQs for the Harrier force (as part of a joint Gov't/Kleenex PFI):p

An Teallach
8th Nov 2007, 11:36
SFFP - You may be forgiven, it took me a while to get my head around (fnarr,fnarr for the Jurassic Park denizens who are coming out of the woodwork) a transgender friend.

Orientation and gender are 2 distinct attributes. A straight chap who has gender reassignment therapy will quite often become a lesbian, i.e. she still fancies women. Likewise (and much more rarely), if he was gay before the Op, she will be straight post-op. It's quite simple really.

Uncle Ginsters
8th Nov 2007, 15:29
Does anyone know where one can find the minutes of the Joint Services Heterosexual Committee AGM?

Thought not. :}

Seldomfitforpurpose
8th Nov 2007, 15:56
Uncle G

Now now old chap, I mean why would anyone want to hear the views and thoughts of well over 90% of todays military :rolleyes:

samuraimatt
8th Nov 2007, 16:26
gender reassignment

Is there a button for that on JPA? (Not for me you understand, cough cough "did you see the bears game last night?").

Roland Pulfrew
8th Nov 2007, 16:41
Uncle G

I think it meets at the same time as the White Police Officers Association and just before the night they give out the MOWO (Music Of White Origin) Awards. ;);)

Training Risky
8th Nov 2007, 17:14
In this era of lack of kit, lack of personnel, lack of SH, lack of AT, more and more commitments.... it's good to see that the MOD can find the time and money to waste on sh!t like this.:ugh:

Jetex Jim
8th Nov 2007, 19:08
Seems to me that 'Back in the day' the RAF and Army were pretty easy going towards those 'ladies who wear sensible shoes', and the blokes left 'em alone (mainly) and everybody got on with it and it didn't cost anything.

Now there's 'Policy' oh good :ugh:

D O Guerrero
8th Nov 2007, 19:49
Training Risky:
Perhaps if people didn't have retarded opinions like yours, they wouldn't need to waste money on this kind of thing. Personally I'd be more worried about the billions wasted on poorly managed defence contracts than a gay conference in London. But I don't suppose you really see that as the point?

Seldomfitforpurpose
8th Nov 2007, 20:28
DOg

Did you actually read TR's post...............:hmm:

Training Risky
9th Nov 2007, 07:55
Ah.... but at least I am allowed to have an opinion and express it - SO FAR.

If it was up to the tree-hugging pinko hand-wringing liberal 'elite' on this site, I wouldn't even be allowed the freedom of expression if it offended minorities.

Now who's the blinkered one?:*

PS, if the gay- black- disabled- communities stopped worrying about having conferences and 'pride' marches, drawing massive amounts of attention to their 'issues', then maybe we could get on with the business of society without kicking up an almighty fuss about how special minorities are just because they are special enough to have a conference.

An Teallach
9th Nov 2007, 08:36
I seem to have had my gender reassigned by Virgin Meeja. It seems one can't have one acct for 2 properties, so I have to have one for each. Worse, on the original acct I am Mr An Teallach and on the one for the flat I am Ms An Teallach!

Has Branson gone into the surgery business as well?

Mr-Burns
9th Nov 2007, 09:27
Bitch! .........

Mr-Burns
9th Nov 2007, 09:31
What is rimming anyway???

sikeano
9th Nov 2007, 09:43
is rimming anything to do with sheeps :}

D O g, please read TR post again, I Hope you are not near any Planes you sound like some one from RN or worse from whitehall
:eek:

GPMG
9th Nov 2007, 10:15
sikeano, why shouldn't he be anywhere near Planes? Aren't carpenters allowed to be gay now? If not then we should form a new collective group, call it YMWW or 'Young men with wood'.

Strictly Jungly
9th Nov 2007, 10:26
http://cocktails.about.com/od/embellishments/ss/rm_glass.htm

Deary deary me............is this the rimming you refer to???? I do hope so.....

Seldomfitforpurpose
9th Nov 2007, 10:26
Young Men with Wood sounds like a great title for a Gay movie........can we take it that you've seen that one GPMG :ok:

GPMG
9th Nov 2007, 11:28
Seen it? I starred in it. :) All that training down at Lympstone set me up so that I could just method act.

shawtarce
9th Nov 2007, 17:54
I'm glad I'm on gardening leave at the moment

Its just a shame I live at the bottom of a big hill

ARINC
9th Nov 2007, 18:05
ANG C141 visit to Wittering......Disgruntled ops bloke heard to say ....When will they get the bl**dy Shirtlifter off my pan.