PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter Pilot Salary Trends

BCASHelicopters
6th Nov 2007, 22:49
Our orgaization is planning for the future and need accurate information to help us plan for growth. It is pretty clear that pilot salaries have been on the rise over the past few years.

Can anyone point me to an industry journal or other reference that provides some details related to the salary issue?

In particular, I'm looking for industry standards for IFR qualified pilots and the associated salary increases over the past 5 years.

I've been to all the "normal" sources--industry journals, industry associations, financial managers at several companies in the industry, web sites all over the place, etc.--and cannot find anyting but annecdotal evidence. I know the salaries are on the upswing; however, I need an authoritative reference that compiles and clarifies the trend.

Thanks

alouette3
7th Nov 2007, 02:59
You might want to try Rotor &Wing.They used to do a salary survey in the May/ June issue of each year.They did not do one in 2007.However, there is probably enough data for you.Must caution you though, the data they put out is somewaht skewered in favor of the Companies.By that I mean the salaries are inflated.I laughed when I saw what a pilot in my region, my job and my aircraft type was supposed to be making as a "median " salary.Not even close. But they claim the data is accurate.I have a sneaky feeling that when they do the survey the HR people add the cost of benefits and report it as salary.Give it a go.
Cheers,
Alt.3

chcoffshore
7th Nov 2007, 06:52
BCash,

If your in the industry then you should really know where to look. And it all depends on your operation and location!:suspect: