PDA

View Full Version : Etihad Hiring FAA CPL Holders?

jet_air
6th Nov 2007, 18:00
The latest rumour abuzz is that Etihad has decided to hire Fresh FAA CPL Holders for their new cadet pilot training program. Their web site does not mention it ... Does any body here know more... Also could any body let me know the Requirement for Singapore Cadet pilot .. I have FAA CPL MER IR 250 hours on board. Thanks.

pilotcpb
7th Nov 2007, 03:35
I know of a pilot who was hired there with an FAA CPL, he also had several thousand hours of CRJ time as an FO!

CMD A
8th Nov 2007, 02:17
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't EY hire type rated guys only??? or has this changed recently.

Togalk
8th Nov 2007, 05:21
The only people being hired for the Cadet program are local Emirati's.

jet_air
8th Nov 2007, 06:26
All right what if I do my T/Ratin on a plane dat etihad operates after my FAA CPL MER IR .. is there ne chances if i knock their doors ??? Wat abt any oder airlines in da gulf..

Anonymus6
8th Nov 2007, 06:49
Jet Air,

With the time you have with your CPL and 250 hours, the only place you can get a job is in India (hoping you are indian). Getting a TR on one of their aircraft will not give you a job. So only india works for you, unless you want to get your flight instructor rating and build time.

I belive we will see a lot of low time indian pilots that coming back from US and not landing a job in India trying to get a job overseas. Heard most of the FO jobs in India are taken or airlines are short on captains for line training.

Good luck

-8AS
8th Nov 2007, 09:15
All the middle eastern airlines offer assistance to their local citizens, as does Singapore Airlines. If you are an ex-pat looking for a job, you normally require a fair chunk of experience - eg Emirates 4000 total 2000 jet. Ethihad also require Jet experience for entry with a type rating preferable - and no, 50 hrs on type with a total time of 300 isn't enough. They are looking for genuine experience. It may change, but I doubt it. Even in todays market with experienced pilots in relatively short supply, EK are not dropping their entry requirements (although they will interview you with 3500hrs,but you have to have the full 4000 before you start). India, as metioned earlier may be a place to look, also Arik Air in Nigeria.

Airplane Crazy
9th Nov 2007, 04:10
Seems like in Aviation unless your a citizen/resident of the right place you have very little room for options. Thats what I'm having to deal with now. My US visa is expiring in three months. I'm flight instructing in Los Angeles now. From what I know at my home in Bangladesh I won't be able to fly period cause there if you wear glasses no medical for you. Man I need to shoot myself in three months.:confused:

Riso
9th Nov 2007, 14:43
Try Trans maldivians...! 250 hours and ICAO CPL ...

Rahul B737
13th Nov 2007, 18:08
Hi there
Me in the same boat as you. Are you an Indian Citizen or expat though?