PDA

View Full Version : Gaining an ATPL(H)

Pitchpull
6th Nov 2007, 03:54
Where in the world is it easiest & fastest to gain an ATPL(H). I have about 4,000hrs rotory, all single turbines, no NVFR or IF. Thanks for your help

Bravo73
6th Nov 2007, 08:09
Here's my original answer again:

Pitchpull,

Your question probably deserves is own thread but...

As it stands, an 'Airline Transport Pilot's Licence' will require an IR at the least. Some (ie JAA) will also require some multi-crew time.

However, it would appear that there are moves afoot to introduce a JAA ATPL(VFR). This would be similar to the old CAA ATPL. paco has more details about this if you want them.
So in answer to your question, 'Where in the world is it easiest & fastest', I would say the USA. The FAA IR will be the quickest (and cheapest) to attain in terms of flight time and ground school requirements.

hihover
6th Nov 2007, 12:45
Not sure where you are going with this one?

If it is purely for your own interest, the "easiest" and most straight forward (minimum fuss) that I have done, were the Canadian and the US. Very sensible approach to licensing. They are not easy, but they are relevant, study material is clear and unambiguous, actual test questions are used for study and taking the tests is very uncomplicated - you walk into a testing centre, pay a few hundred dollars and take the relevant test - kind of like it ought to be.

If you want difficult - go to Europe.

If you intend to continue in Oz, I would make the progression there, you are already in the system, familiar with the airspace and can presumably do the study and flight training/testing from home. That has to be easier and faster than going to another country then converting back to an Ozzy ATP.

tam

Bravo73
6th Nov 2007, 13:03
Pitchpull,

That is now the 4th time that you've posted an identical post (in 3 different places.) :=

Are you on the bleeding wind-up or something??? :mad:

Aesir
6th Nov 2007, 14:59
Where in the world is it the easiest & fastest to gain an ATPL(H). I have a CPL(H) gainied in Australia with just over 4,000hrs rotory, all single turbines, no NVFR or IF. Thanks for your help

I am a bit unclear on under what authority you wish to gain ATPL license? If you only want any kind of ATPL licence I can print out a certificate for you and send for a small processing fee :p

But seriously. If you want a JAA license you will need in addition to your already gained experience an ATPL theory course if you do not have any previous JAA licenses. Also you need some 100 Night experience and 350 hrs in multi crew and some IFR hours (donīt remember how many). To sum it up itīs not easy or fast!

USA FAA ATP licence is not easy but like has been said above it is relevant and sensible. The oral test is tough and flight standards are very strict.

heli-mad
6th Nov 2007, 18:56
I agree with Bravo73.........don't post threads all over asking for something that with 4000h rotary experience you should know how to find the answer...anyway try lasors for the UK. If you only have single engine hours, no twin,no IR,no multicrew,no ATPL(H) written exams past.......you have a long,expensive road to follow

Conclusion:forget easy+cheap:eek:

Y

Whirlygig
6th Nov 2007, 18:58
Where in the world is it the easiest & fastest to gain an ATPL(H).

The country in which you have the right to work!?

Cheers

Whirls

Bravo73
6th Nov 2007, 19:52
Thank you, SP. :ok: