PDA

View Full Version : Professional studys loans? which banks still do them

Crashlanding
6th Nov 2007, 11:45
Hi everyone,

Im wondering what backs still do professional study loans, I might be starting my TR soon, and could do with the certainty that I could get somemoney to help while training.

Many thanks in advance

MIKECR
6th Nov 2007, 12:28
You could try Royal Bank of Scotland for a 'Career' Development Loan rather than a 'proffesional' Studies Loan. They are both very different type's of loan. You can borrow 8k unsecured with the CDL. I got one from RBOS two years ago when I did my ATPL's, I just started paying back it a couple of months ago. You will probably need to put together a business plan for them, not sure if I might have mine kicking around somewhere. 8k obviouslu wont cover the entire TR cost but it will certainly help.

Crashlanding
6th Nov 2007, 12:30
Thanks for the reply, I dont need the full amount, I can just about stretch to the full amount but would be looking for something like 8k to make sure im covered for eventualitys, possible relocation etc.

EjetSetter
6th Nov 2007, 13:30
Crash why pay for a TR when you can get it for free with a bond?

RS999
7th Nov 2007, 08:49
I've just been given £76k from HSBC unsecured and deferred until January 2010 but I've got a confirmed place on CTC Wings CP57. Not sure about others but generally speaking most banks will only lend up to £25k unsecured (and I assume thats only if you are a complete and utter credit angel)