PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express, Spell check English ( United Kingdom )

EGCC4284
5th Nov 2007, 20:40
Help

I have fixed a couple of things on my computer

There is one thing I am struggling with and its driving me mad.

I managed to get spell check working on Outlook Express but the setting is in English ( United States ) and I cannot get it to English ( United Kingdom )

For example, if I typed center instead of centre spell check would say its correct. If I type centre, spell check wants to change it to center. Its driving me mad. Can you fix it for me. I am concerned that if I leave it as it is, I will not notice future spelling errors.

Is the any chance anyone can help me fix this problem.

I have installed Microsoft works 8 and the word processor on that has English ( United Kingdom ) set but this has not transferred to Outlook Express. If you can help me fix, I will be very very happy.

Regards EGCC4284

Saab Dastard
5th Nov 2007, 23:03
Control Panel\Regional and Language Options\Advanced - select United Kingdom.

In Outlook Express, Tools\Options\Spelling - select United kingdom in the Language drop-down list.

SD

EGCC4284
5th Nov 2007, 23:38
When I get to the In Outlook Express, Tools\Options\Spelling - select United kingdom in the Language drop-down list. I do not get the United Kingdom option and only get United States option????????????????????????//

Saab Dastard
6th Nov 2007, 08:27
What are the other settings in Control Panel\Regional and Language Options\Languages?

This may be relevant:

http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2006/20061228.htm

SD

EGCC4284
10th Nov 2007, 14:51
I have fixed my problem. A friend of mine came and installed Office 2000. This then gave me all the spelling options needed.

Rob