PDA

View Full Version : Royal Bengal Airlines

harriewillem
5th Nov 2007, 12:53
Hi There!

How's this airline doing?

About a year ago their was an topic, but afterwards never heared anything....

Anyone some real life experience?

Chintito
5th Nov 2007, 19:43
harriewilem, they have got a dash 8-100 parked at VGZR being prepared for launch.not sure whats going on with their long haul ops.

Airplane Crazy
8th Nov 2007, 00:31
Tried to call them many times. Never heard anything back from them. Thats how it is for everything over there. The only way things work is if your dad know someone. Internet or telephone is useless over there. I'm from there. Hate to say this, but to me it a gods forsaken place of earth. I have tried to contact every airline over there they never respond. The only way to get jobs over there if you aren't from there is go there and pay someone good.

And just so that your guys know like anything else in Bangladesh everything is iron age style if you wear glasses with more than -3.0 power you can't fly there even if you are the most healthy person and actually see better than most with out glasses. My contact lenses correct my vision to 20/10 the best it gets for a human, but those retirds think I'm not good to pass their medical. I'm sure if I pay $10USD in the right place I'll be able to get my medical from home.

Anyways any one local know anything about what are the usual requirements down there in Bangladesh and do they accept FAA pilots license?

reaz
24th Nov 2007, 22:21
Hi Air Plane Crazy,

Your comments on Bangladesh in general and Aviation sector of Bangladesh in particular took me with surprise! I was wondering, how one can spread so much wrong information in the net! It is even more shameful when we understand that the person is probably from the same origin.

However, before I proceed further on this topic, I should give a brief description on myself. I have twenty years of flying background in Bangladesh. I have Bangladesh, FAA and two other countries ATPL. Had the opportunity of visiting many countries and quiet a number of Civil Aviations. Adequately familiar with CAR 84, ICAO, CAA and FAA regulations.

All the Airlines in Bangladesh maintain very high standard of proficiency. The Aircrew regularly undergo proficiency checks from UK, Canada, Sweden, Dubai and few other countries. Most of the Pilots are extremely experienced and professionals.

Your comments were ridiculous on the Aviation Medical system of Bangladesh. The Medical is conducted by Bangladesh Air Force, Aviation Medical qualified doctors. Again the doctors are highly qualified and professionals. The medical can be compared with any modern countries medical system. Yes, you can pay $10, instead of a medical certificate you will be issued with a certificate of imprisonment.

Bangladesh has the best telecommunication and internet service around that region. Most of the Airlines have their own websites. In order to be responded or considered you need to know where and how to apply for a job. No DAD will be able to get you a job unless you know correct approach.

Your last sentence reveals that I probably wasted my time in refuting your comments:

“Anyways any one local know anything about what are the usual requirements down there in Bangladesh and do they accept FAA pilots license?”

If you don’t have an access to CAR 84 then read the ICAO Annex 1 for Personal Licensing. The requirements are exactly same. And CAAB accepts any license from any ICAO contracting state.

Finally, a humble request. Please refrain from commenting on something on which you have limited or no knowledge. If at all you have to, then say positive.

Good luck and happy landing!

Airplane Crazy
24th Nov 2007, 23:45
Don't wanna argue with you and not trying to disrepect you in any way, but any person with two eyes and ear won't agree with most of your comments. I understand when someone wants to say good things about their nations, but come on. You don't think people around who have ears and know about all the corruption that goes on there. Man Biman Bangladesh's level of corruption enough to where the company should probably don't exist.

Again not trying to put you down, but I don't agree with you at all. I grew up there till I was 18 and for the last 3 years when I was there I knew almost all pilots that flew for GMG and Air Parabat. I used to jump seat with them several times a month for whole day. Most of them told me run as soon as you can. The only way I can agree with you is if I'm just really clue less or I never left my dad house. Yea the pilots in Bangladesh might be great. I know lots of pilots from Bangladesh and most of them are very good and of course most of them are trained in Europe or US. The problem isn't the pilots. The problem is with the managements of almost every level in that area.

Talking about about medical yea doctors might be great although I don't agree they are all that good. The problem is the policy for everything over there. All the system is ancient. I know many many guys who came to US because they couldn't pass their medical in Bangladesh and here they pass all medical. Why because Bangladesh medical is so good? No because those doctor's in Bangladesh are yet to learn what's good or bad. All of them failed because of their eyes, but all of them could see 20/20 with glasses.

When you talk about ICAO part whatever Bangladeh is suppose to follow who cares what is in there. It is known world wide Bangladesh CAAB have a history of not compliying with the regulations. So why read what that has to say when CAAB is constantly found in violation. FAA no longer allow Biman to enter US airspace because the airplanes aren't airworhty although in Bangladesh standards they are. One private Bangladesh owned B747 is grounded in Europe as it now black listed and not allowed to be in the European sky. You call that running with high safetly and efficieny? Come on.

You expect me to agree that airlines in Bangladesh run with efficienty. Hah I laughed for about 10 minutes when I head this. It is hard to find a person who flew in Biman and whos flight wasn't delayed and who didn't get treated like crap from their employees. I have heard horror stories from Biman passangers. So sorry buddy, but I think sometimes you gotta use your brain more than just being a partiot.

Bangladesh has the best communication system? Are you serious? I'm sorry, but I just don't know how do you expect me to agree with you. It's good to love your home, but sometimes you just have to accept the relality buddy.

phantomcruiser07
27th Dec 2007, 12:11
Last I herd the dash 8s they aquired were gathering dust at VGZR.......

When united airways got its new dash 8 they managed to get domestic services up and running within a month, whats up with RBA? looks like they must of hit a stumbling block.

Chintito
27th Dec 2007, 17:47
Reaz, perhaps you can enlighten us as to how exactly one goes about applying for any BD airlines?

airplane crazy is not wrong in saying you need to know the right people to get a look in. its not an unusual practice in the world of aviation.
airplane crazy, if your a rookie and dont have airline experience u will find it difficult as the nature of startup demands that they control training costs and short of your dad knowing the MD, i wouldnt hold my breath.

I very much doubt there is going to be any major recruitment drive by Biman anytime soon snce they are quite an unstable operation at the moment but fleet renewals (whenever that happens) may change things. last i checked, they wanted experienced crew for their F27's via a UK agency.

RBA,United et al have yet to steady their feet so again nothing certain there.
My guess is that the latter part of next year will be the time when contacting these airlines might prove useful.

Airplane Crazy
4th Jan 2008, 07:11
True that you need connections to get a job in aviation any where. What I mean is that in Bangladeh without connecion or kissing someones feet you have almost no chance at all. Plus Biman would hire you even if they have like 100,000 pilots with 2 airplanes in operation if you know the right people. If you compare Bimans fleet size with number of pilots they have, I bet it will break world record. Plus with Biman qulification that you have might not mean much during the interview cause usually the way they work is that they already know if you are hired or not before you even show up for the interview. On top of that they just love the guys who went through local school and specially Bangladesh Air Force.

I have seen guys from Bangladesh Flying Academy who weren't ready to even fly a Piper Arrow flying the ATP. Check out this video. A guy flying a HS 748 and on short final the instructor had to remind him the gears. By the time you fly an airplane like that if your instructor have to remind you about the gears thats bad news. I'm not saying Bangladesh pilots are bad. It's just that quality control doesn't exist over there. People are given jets before they are probably even really ready to have a CPL the right way.

Here is the link for the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqPeZxRK0eo

Now I won't mention names to you, but these aren't my opinion. I knew the Cheif pilot and some of the Capts. and FOs of GMG airlines and I used jump seat with them all the time. I also knew the many pilots flying with Air Parabat and ex- Aero Bengal Airlines. I liked those guys way better than anybody that flew for Biman. Biman people thinks they are on top of the world and everybody is below them.

Well I better shut up now cause pretty soon I gotta pack up and head back there, but of course who cares I know I won't get a job there. I had 3 cousins who learned to fly abroad and couldn't get a job flying in Bangladesh although they all were over qualified compared to those guys coming out of loacl schools.

phantomcruiser07
4th Jan 2008, 11:59
The reason RBA is delayed is because the customs officials have imposed duty on their aircraft, ironicly RBA's aircraft is on lease.

http://www.bangladeshmonitor.net/aviation_story.php?recordID=1290

Reminds me of those scavengers at ZYL trying to assist you in menial task so they can charge you money for it, typical corrupt officials holding back enterprise.

phantomcruiser07
4th Jan 2008, 12:04
I liked those guys way better than anybody that flew for Biman. Biman people thinks they are on top of the world and everybody is below them.

Unfortunately I would say there is some truth in this post, I have flown as passenger with biman several times, and the experience was quite an unpleasant one, the crew are very arrogant and unproffesional.

Personally I dont know what their training or aptitude for the job is, but its the last way they should be behaving on a failing airline, regardless of what prejudices they have against the sylheti people, who have been keeping this airline flying for decades.

Airplane Crazy
4th Jan 2008, 18:14
Maybe RBA still haven't learned they all they gotta do is throw some cash. I don't mean the actual amount that had been asked. They call it money for some tea. Brive that goes to the people who handle them. In Bangladesh without brive you never get anything done.

Skystar320
16th Jan 2008, 02:19
I heard they are launching op's at the end of Jan early Feb - they have secured another Dash 8-100 from a UK leasing company.

I heard there was a problem getting the spare parts into Bangladesh with some huge import tarrifs that they couldnt get around?

It should be fun? Can anyone suggest some good things to do while in Bangladesh for about a week ex Dhaka.

phantomcruiser07
3rd Feb 2008, 13:47
Looks like they are nearly ready to launch their first schedulded flights:

http://www.royalbengalairline.com/news_index

Chintito
3rd Feb 2008, 16:40
things sure have moved at snails pace with these guys. 3 startups have begun ops since this mad rush started in BD aviation. RBA are undercutting rival ticket prices, no doubt incurring a financial bruising while they gain momentum.

Aviation in bd needs a seismic shift before the likes of RBA and other cake eaters can operate in it without the government stopping them on their tracks every time someone shows interest in moving forward.

RBA's survival will be determined by how fast they deal with the incompetent baffoons at the CAAB who remain steadfast d**k suckers of Biman.
I hope a successful 6 month stint on the domestic run can pave the way for the long haul ops but pigs cant fly right?

Airplane Crazy
3rd Feb 2008, 18:14
I think if CAAB have any common sense they will learn that their job should be making standards and not deciding who does business. A governments job is watching after it's economy, running business, so that their employees can steal all the money isn't their job. Of course they will keep that system as it allows them to get rich and do nothing all day. They should really get rid of Biman as it have proven for years to be 100% corrupt and useless. Those retirs don't realize if a private company does well it only does good for the nation at the end. No they know that if private company makes money they won't have money to eat from Biman without doing anything all day. Thats why business in Bangadesh could never do well cause Government never gives them the freedom do do anything for their own good. If you don't let your country do business, how your country is suppose to develop. Man Bangladesh needs a Noah's flood. There are too many bad people running that nation.

Skystar320
7th Feb 2008, 02:52
Another Dash 8-100 + an option has been signed.

Believe that the aircraft is a -102 which is owned by an African Airline

Al Fakhem
7th Feb 2008, 07:49
Well, I had the sad experience of flying BD as SLF the other day (mercifully only to CCU). Flight was okayish, but there's little to mess up on a 40-minute hop anyway. The shocking part was being in line for checking-in. Repeatedly some people in uniform kept cutting in at the desk with tickets and passports. When this happened for the fourth time in 5 minutes, I had the audacity to ask what was going on. The offender went on to explain (sort of) that he was crew and thus had priority. When I mentioned that crew would not check in with tickets in hand and in any case, paying customers would normally be treated with some measure of courtesy (such as a brief apology for pushing in front), he became imaginative and repeated his rubbish. I would hate to see an emergency evacuation from one of their aircraft: cockpit crew first, cabin crew second, pax (if still alive) last.:ok:

phantomcruiser07
15th Mar 2008, 19:08
Any latest news on RBA? they seem to be at a stand still again.

speedtwoten
16th Mar 2008, 00:05
Al Fakhem :
evacuation from one of their aircraft: cockpit crew first, cabin crew second, pax (if still alive) last.:\

Hi come to incredible INDIA you see the same:{

Skystar320
24th Mar 2008, 23:28
The one Dash 8-100 they have at the moment is running around with in full capacity.........

They I do believe are desperate for additional capacity.

Regards

Skystar320
23rd Apr 2008, 05:20
So whats new with this company?