PDA

View Full Version : 815 NAS Rotary Wing 50th Anniversary Mess Dinner

815 NAS Social Sec
5th Nov 2007, 12:47
Calling All Ex 815NAS Rotary Wing Aircrew...........

In 1958, 815 NAS accepted into service the Westland Whirlwind, marking the end of 815's Fixed wing days. Next year marks the 50th anniversary of Rotary wing operations on 815, and in celebration, a reunion mess dinner is planned. All aircrew who have served or are serving on 815 NAS, are therefore invited to the 815 RW50 mess dinner, to be held at RNAS Yeovilton Wardroom on 9th May 2008, at 1930 for 2000. Rig will be Mess Undress or Black Tie.

In order to spread the word of this function, I would appreciate it if you could spread this notice to as wide a distribution as possible, especially amongst those who served on 815 a considerable length of time ago. I have attempted to chase down as many ex members as possible, and advertised in various periodicals, however your help in ensuring that as many ex-members of 815 recieve this information as possible would be greatly appreciated. If you happen to have any information on the whereabouts of ex members of the squadron, then please could you either forward their contact details to me, or pass this message on so that as many of our old colleagues as possible have the opportunity to attend.

This is likely to be a very heavily subscribed event and places are limited to 196. Tickets will be allocated on a First come, first served basis, so if you would like to attend, please email [email protected] If you require any further details, please contact me on 93510 6756 or 01935456756.

Please note that I will NOT be monitoring PPRUNE for ticket requests - please email me at the above address

Looking forward to seeing you next year,

Yours,

Pete Higgins
Lt RN
815 social sec/Ops2