PDA

View Full Version : ATPL written or check-flight for FAA license out of USA?

chrislikesblue
3rd Nov 2007, 18:39
Anyone knows if i could do the ATPL written and training course including check-ride for the FAA ATPL out of USA?In UK perhaps?
At the moment i hold a single eng. FAA CPL.I was thinking to upgrade it to multi eng. CPL or ATPL possibly,i have all the hours requirements.
Many thanks for your inputs.

BelArgUSA
5th Nov 2007, 22:07
Hola Chris...
xxx
Training for ME-ATP FAA can obviously be done in UK, but have you considered the cost and time factor of doing all that in sunny "VMC" Florida or Arizona, at a small airfield without air traffic delays...?
xxx
For the ATP written, I know many pilots who, after some home study of related publications, prepare for the written FAA ATP in a matter of a few days. You could do that in UK certainly, but I know that some schools in USA can prepare you for that written test within some 2 or 3 days. There certainly are schools and FAA pilot-instructors in UK that can do the same.
xxx
For the flight training, after you complete your written (possibly in UK), go to USA and complete the entire training in about a week to ten days, in an inexpensive twin-engine aircraft. You can even do the multiengine and ATP flight checks as one combined check ride. With the bargain airline round trips available, motel room, inexpensive "diners", plus excellent weather in most areas of the Southern USA, I am certain you would end-up paying a fraction of what you would pay in UK.
xxx
Doing your combined ATP-ME there inexpensively, in a short-time is a "do-able" thing, like "they would say". And at the currency change desk, you will have a smile in view of the exchange rates currently held by the US$$$...
xxx
My son just completed his training from PPL through CPL/ME/CFI with a Learjet type rating as the finishing touch... in 7 months, in Florida, Arizona and California. Would he have had the age and hours for the ATP, he could have done it too, within that time frame...
xxx
:)
Happy contrails