PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Mc's

ifuonlyknew
3rd Nov 2007, 10:20
Just wanted to say R.I.P McAlpine Helicopters ltd it's been fun over the years.

As some of you may already know McAlpine Helicopters was sold to Eurocopter on the 1st Nov it has been a long time in coming and i think things can only get bigger and better.

TiPwEiGhT
3rd Nov 2007, 11:14
Eh? HAve they gone down the tubes? I am waiting for spares from them!

TiP:ugh:

Bravo73
3rd Nov 2007, 11:16
I would guess that they've just been brought 'in house'. Hence the 'Eurocopter UK' bit...

ifuonlyknew
3rd Nov 2007, 11:23
No they have just been sold i think it will mean you could get better support.

widgeon
3rd Nov 2007, 11:38
not sure why being directly owned would mean better support . Spares still come from the same place . Basic problem is that EC expect the operator to have a warehouse full of spare parts. Still things may be getting better , this year is one of the first I have seen a surplus of Starflex available after the summer shut down

TiPwEiGhT
3rd Nov 2007, 12:04
Yeah I can't see the the AOG service being any better by directly owning Mc A's. Have had things direct from EC France before and they weren't any better.

Bravo73
3rd Nov 2007, 12:25
I would guess that they've just been brought 'in house'. Hence the 'Eurocopter UK' bit...

No they have just been sold

Er, that's what I meant by being 'brought in house'. ie sold to Eurocopter. :ugh:

BIGJOCK
3rd Nov 2007, 14:08
Hopefully things will improve ,Macs were very poor with after sales service.That place is very top heavy with a lot of politics.

Brilliant Stuff
3rd Nov 2007, 17:23
I have the impression that the workers on the floor are the real stars who then get their hands tied repeatedly by some of the management.

Also it does not help they have been short of engineers for a long time. Which means a lot of folk are getting stacks of well payed overtime but they constantly run out of hours in the day.

Mark Nine
3rd Nov 2007, 17:29
Brilliant Stuff,

Two words, nail + head. :ok:

Agaricus bisporus
3rd Nov 2007, 20:36
Gosh! Something/someone dead that I don't know/never met/never heard of before! Whoopee!!

I can now indulge in guilt free inappropriate commiserations!

RIP!

RIP!

RIP!

Wow, I feel so much better for that meaningless mawkish ourburst.
Yeehaaar!!

Oh, by the way,

RIP!!!!