PDA

View Full Version : Working in Asia

Cx292
3rd Nov 2007, 08:07
Hi to all,
I finished my training and hold a ATPL frozen and CPL/IR/MEP as usual :hmm:
Now I started some interviews for a couple of EU airlines (one is very attractive indeed), but my true passion is Asia and asian airlines.
Someone of you knows better some airlines interested in EU/JAR pilots?
My dream is Singapore airlines or Cathay pacific... but I think their requirements aren't met by me at the moment (hours and jet experience).
Anyone knows if my Class I medical (Jar) is valid in Asia?
Thank you all
Fly High! (& Fast)
Andrea
CH-50276/JAR
:ok:

UlsterPPL
3rd Nov 2007, 11:22
I think you should also try posting in the Fragrant Harbour forum

skywaytoheaven
3rd Nov 2007, 13:12
Your JAR medical is the most recognised world wide, so no problem there. It would just be converted to that state, or one of those airlines would do their own medical. If you have your sights set on those airlines the best course of action is to get onboard with a British airline for a couple of years (or your home country), then apply to them when you have the experience (I know easier said than done!) Cathay actually state 1000hrs total time for the second officer position, but you will likely require around 3000hrs plus plenty of turbine time. Singapore are not hiring expats at the moment, but they will probably be looking for widebody experience when they do. Unless you know somebody it can be a long way up the ladder, but that is actually the fun part! enjoy.

julien1763
4th Nov 2007, 10:04
Hello here,

I am in the same position as above (frozen atpl, a bit less than 400 h TT and no interview scheduled) but would be interested by Japan.
Does anyone know how to apply for any airline there?

Thank you
Regards

Julien