PDA

View Full Version : Sucking Up

Beausoleil
3rd Nov 2007, 03:15
We had a hideous experience at Manchester this morning (2nd November), some problem with the baggage belts. But thanks to all the staff and crew who got us to our final destination via Heathrow along with our luggage, and seemed to be maintaining a sense of humour.

It will be a long time before I forget the look on my other half's face when she saw the queue for the "quick" baggage drop off for those who checked in online.

Is this a regular occurrence?

Avman
3rd Nov 2007, 10:35
It's fast becoming a problem at many airports now that the vast majority of pax check-in online. At one particular airport I just go to the regular check-in as it's faster!

lexxity
3rd Nov 2007, 12:19
Is this a regular occurrence?
At MAN, yes it is I'm afraid. It happend on my shift on Thursday. I called flow control, nothing wrong here, so then I called the Terminal Duty Manager to get them to come and find out what the problem was as we were growing a baggage mountain. Their answer. "Not our problem." :ugh: Eventually someone showed up, but only after the belts were servicable again. Give me :mad: strength!:ugh:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the belt system in T3 is shambolic, it can't cope in winter and in summer it's a daily nightmare. Never mind spending £33 million on new shops in T1, how about fixing problems that affect ALL your customers MAN?