PDA

View Full Version : JFK vs EWR

phil_2405
2nd Nov 2007, 21:16
Hi everyone,
I'm thinking of going to New York next year and was wondering is there any advantage or disadvantages of flying to JFK vs EWR? Last time I went to NYC I went through JFK but is EWR better? i.e. better facilities and easier to get to Manhatten?
Thanks!

boyo25
2nd Nov 2007, 22:48
For Manhatten, EWR is the better option by far.

Shorter queues at immigration, great transport links into Manhatten and when you depart to come home, no horrific taxy times to the runway.

As BA crew, I do a fair amount of JFK flights and last week it took us 1hr50mins to taxy to the runway. This is now the norm, and it will get worse in winter - with de-icing etc.

Enjoy NYC!

jack_essex
3rd Nov 2007, 18:21
I have only flown into EWR but have flown into and out of JFK. Both trips from the airport to the city seemed to take the same amount of time. Immigration at both airports didn't take too long at all but maybe this was just being lucky. We will be flying into JFK again in March with AA. Having only flown with BA to NYC before it will be interesting to see what American Airlines new terminal will be like.

spoilers yellow
4th Nov 2007, 17:36
EWR anytime.... much quieter, easier rail/roads links etc.

Hombre
7th Nov 2007, 16:49
Went to JFK from Stansted with Maxjet. Fantastic!

Going back next Easter same route/airline.

Can't wait:ok:

10secondsurvey
7th Nov 2007, 17:25
No brainer. EWR. By a very large margin.

silverelise
12th Nov 2007, 14:24
EWR for me when I get the choice. JFK is a nightmare.

AcroChik
12th Nov 2007, 23:53
Speaking as a local who goes in and out often, EWR, hands down, save when I'm on my way to California, then it's JetBlue out of JFK as they have nonstop to SJC, with a red-eye return for an 0600 Sunday arrival.

With my entire immediate family going to Paris in a week, seven people, I chose EWR. Wouldn't dream of putting anyone I love through the JFK gantlet, especially international arrivals, citizen or not.

Hope this helps.

phil_2405
13th Nov 2007, 19:09
Thanks everyone for your replies:)