PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Medical

Guptar
2nd Nov 2007, 10:20
I'm an instructor training cadets for a large chinese mainland airline,in Oz, we, the instructors, have been given the opportunity to interview for pilot spots (FO) with said airline after completion of our contracts. Our boss teed this deal up. Just for the record i have 3000 hrs, + turbine time in KingAir C-90.

Now heres the catch, I;m rather short sighted, as in -8 dioptres. Would I be denied a Chinese class 1 medical, have an unrestricted Oz Class 1 so no problems here, but would like to know if I could take advantage of the program in China.

training wheels
2nd Nov 2007, 10:37
Guptar .. you have mail. :)

Airplane Crazy
8th Nov 2007, 00:55
More than likely yes, but not if you pay someone. In Asia everythings work when your daddy knows someone or you got some cash. Otherwise you will fail for having more than -3.0 in your power. Most airline won't hire you even if you pass there medical when you wear glasses. Like anything in Asia things never change over there. Everything is iron age style. Those retirds still haven't learned that an eye with the right corrective lenses is just as good as a normal eye. My contact lenses correct my vision to 20/10 which is the best you can possibly have as a human and I don't even meet the fickin 1000th class medical there. I look at that continent as gods forsaken land on earth.