PDA

View Full Version : CAE Sesto Calende

aquila105
1st Nov 2007, 20:07
Hello, I am looking for fresh intel on the Sim Instructor position.
Any info on pay, benefits, living conditions and overall opinion
and point of views from insiders would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Captain Buck
2nd Nov 2007, 12:25
From everything I hear the entire hiring process bewteen the Italians and the Brits is a total shambles anyway :(. Go for the one here in the States and hope they're better organised.

aquila105
2nd Nov 2007, 13:06
Seems like you are on the inside and I understand they don't have any openings right now.Nevertheless, do you have any info on pay, benefits, living conditions etc.
in Sesto Calende, for future reference?
Thanks!!

steve_oc
2nd Nov 2007, 14:26
On a related topic, I know FlightSafety are looking right now for qualified instructors in both North America and Europe (details on their website) if that helps. You will have to ask them about Ts and Cs.

Captain Buck
3rd Nov 2007, 08:27
aquila,

Having in the past been a simulator instructor on the S76 I used the sims at both FS in West Palm Beach and CAE when it was in Dallas and I found FS to be much better organised. I've never worked for either company so I can't comment on pay. I was going to go to Sesto for a 139 conversion, but ours has been delayed and now I'm supposed to be doing it in Morristown, NJ sometime next year.

I guess Italy would be a nicer place to live, up near Lake Maggiore, but I'd imagine they'd be a bit disorganised. Don't think Porsche, think Fiat! But then again if you go to Farnborough or West Palm Beach, don't think Mustang, think Mack! I have a friend who now works in Asia and he tells me that he was put off CAE by the attitude of their HR department in UK. As flungdung says, FS seem to be recruiting at the moment as they're setting up an S92 sim facility in Farnborough in UK, so if you meet their qualification requirements, now would be a good time to apply