PDA

View Full Version : AS355 perf prog.

heliheaven
1st Nov 2007, 18:41
Hey,
Can anyone help???
Is there such a computer prog that you can simply punch in loading info, PAlt and temp of take off and landing site, that will work out your C of G and max performace group possible etc. I Have one that simply does loading but surly someone must produce one that works out your perf too.???? Oh I forgot to say at a sensible price!!
What are all you other AS355 pilots using??
Cheers
:)

Bertie Thruster
1st Nov 2007, 20:25
we use this;

http://www.aerotechuk.com/easyweigh.html

very good. not cheap though.

Helinut
2nd Nov 2007, 14:52
There was a prgram that went on a Psion that did M&B and Perf for the AS355. It came from an engineer at McAlpine in the UK I believe. The biggest problem might be finding an old Psion to run it on. I understand that the person concerned lost interest in maintaining it and puttng it onto later devices.

I am always on the look out for such a programme that will run on a modern PDA, for the types that I fly. It is not too difficult to develop an Excel spreadsheet for a hele, but it is not really practical to cart a notebook around with you. What is needed is something that will run on a PDA IMHO. One probem is that the market for such things is not huge, so it is likely t be a labour of love rather than truly commercial.

Queen O' the Skies
2nd Nov 2007, 16:57
I got my psion for just for that purpose - I think I paid £10 from fleabay about 18 months ago, and yes, the programme was loaded for me by one of the engineers at Macs. Worked really well, but now we use the same system as Bertie Thruster described.
I think you might also find PACO will soon come up with a link to some programmes he has written - or you could try a pm to him.
QOS

paco
5th Nov 2007, 07:24
That one on the psion was actually written by a pilot, but I've lost his details - I believe he went to fly offshore somewhere - I don't use a notebook myself, but a Psion netbook pro plus planmaker that runs excel spreadsheets very well indeed under WinCE! Battery life is great at 8 hours!

I'm working on adding the performance stuff for the 355 as already done on the 212 spreadsheet

Phil