PDA

View Full Version : money, money, money

a.smith01
31st Oct 2007, 18:11
wanna start PPL in the sumer of 2009 at the latest, possibly summer of 2008 and then go on and continue to build the hours and get the licenses, but parents have said that theyre not willing to get a loan or anyhing like that. I dont have a job and even if i did i'd only be able to work weekends as i'm at school doing A-levels so if i saved £20 a week i'd still only have around £2000 at the end of 2 years. Is there anything i can do? Sponsorship? anything?

I know theres supposed to be loads on of posts on this forum about money issues but i've searched and i havent come up with any answers.

thanks guys.

Fly4hours
31st Oct 2007, 19:09
If you don't have your A-level, I would concentrate on getting that ASAP, and then look for a job somewhere to earn some money.

Manu students are paying their ATPL while working aside.
It is possible, although you got to be the die hard kind.

Cheers

Bealzebub
31st Oct 2007, 19:16
Yes get a part time job and save harder.

Nobody is going to sponsor you to do a PPL, why would they ? You probably have a couple of birthdays and certainly a couple of christmases before the summer of 2009, so let all your relatives, parents etc. know that you are saving to do your PPL and see how their generosity helps.

This is what I have told my 17 year old son. There is no free ride, I am prepared to help, but only if he demonstrates a sufficiently high level of determination. If he doesn't then he will fail to clear the first hurdle, and there will be many.

Good luck.

maxdrypower
31st Oct 2007, 21:10
there ya go , have a look at the sticky at the top it does say read first

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=131649

Sam-MAN
31st Oct 2007, 21:20
Hello.

Personally i am VERY lucky as my mum and dad have a nice little eBay business going which i set up for them, which gets them a bit extra cash each month... Originally i got 50% of the money but i agreed to let them have it all, and they will pay for my PPL. But as i said, i am VERY lucky having that, and i am very grateful

Sam :ok:

(and for all of you looking to start an argument. Mummy and daddy are not paying for all of my training, i am just fortunate enough to have created a business on ebay which will pay towards me PPL and i am not from a 'well off' family, far from it ;) I am lucky to have a dream and have a family supporting me)

HomerJay
31st Oct 2007, 21:27
If you have 2000 before you start count yourself lucky :ok: