PDA

View Full Version : Possible Victimization of Poppy wearing pupil!!!!

cockneyrock
31st Oct 2007, 14:11
I am fully aware that there is a Remembrance Day thread on here; however, I didn't want to sully that thread with the following revelation that frankly makes my blood boil.

Just found this on Arrse (http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=80975/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=0.html).
Today at school a very anti-military teacher came up to me and demanded that I removed my poppy (I am the only person wearing one at the moment). When I refused she threatened me with an after-school detention and made up some cr*p about it not complying with school dress codes. I said that I would not go and so I had to face a bo11ocking by my head of year for answering back to a teacher or some-such rubbish.
Any ideas what I should do to the teacher in question? I know it is not against dress codes as people wear cancer ribbons etc all the time.
All (practical) suggestions will be attempted

A very sensible young man. The Army are awaiting a response from him regarding what action if any the school will take.
I have already posted this on E-Goat (http://www.e-goat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=10518)where members are rallying to the cause. I trust the men and women of PPrune will stand-by to "fight the good fight" if required?!

How about we wait until a verifiable detail is posted before we support this "remarkably cool-headed and eloquent for his age" poster?

PPRuNe

Wader2
31st Oct 2007, 14:21
This is a difficult one as the short item in Monday's Daily Telegraph made out. Poppies should be worn from 1st November and not as a political and otherwise meaningless statement by politicos etc.

In today's DT was a plea that poppies be worn only in the week preceding Remembrance Day.

I wonder exactly what the teacher said and equally how the pupil responded. Was it overbearing arogance and sweetness and light, or vica versa?

I do know however that the teachers Mrs W has observed treat their grammar school pupils with disdain. I can imagine that it was a confrontational situation.

TurbineTooHot
31st Oct 2007, 17:13
Just read the entire thread on Arrse. The lad Mazur is doing a great job. Could anyone on both forums pass on my support and admiration? Ta:D

Green Bottle 2
31st Oct 2007, 17:43
I echo TTH's sentiments, having read the thread on ARRSE. The ball is firmly in the Headmaster's court and he is the only one now who can prevent this from exploding into something much bigger with all the bad publicity for the School and education system. Indications are that the head is handling this well.

Mazur has apparently handled the situation in a very mature fashion and is a great advert for his generation. Well done from the light blue!

Tigs2
31st Oct 2007, 18:05
just got in and read all of this. I am not sure i can handle myself aswell as young master Mazure. Somebody please point me in the right direction so that i can RIP HER feckin THROAT OUT!!!

ommmmmmm! (peace balance harmony!! repeat 1000 times). Breath in.......................................................... ............................................................ .....................................................Breath out! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Maple 01
31st Oct 2007, 22:31
Don't sit on the fence Tigs, share your inner feelings!

Tigs2
31st Oct 2007, 23:27
Maple

I think you can help me through this.....aaaaaaggggghhhhh................................... .........................................................bre ath in ............................................................ ...............................................breath out..................peace balance, harmony, oooommmmmmmmmmm!

Maple 01
1st Nov 2007, 01:56
And relax.......now pop down the armoury and select your weapon of choice.....and in your own time, go on

MrFlibble
1st Nov 2007, 02:49
Following this one with great interest. The lad on ARRSE (Mazur) seems to be remarkably cool-headed and eloquent for his age, if he doesnt get an immediate result and apology, I would say we bring as much support we can offer to him and ARRSE in this cause.

Lest we forget.

merlinxx
1st Nov 2007, 05:04
Just tried to find this on ARRSE, not able, plse direct to correct post SVP

Not Long Here
1st Nov 2007, 05:33
Suggest you try the link in the first post, worked for me:}

Rakshasa
1st Nov 2007, 07:11
Cripes, times have changed. My old history teacher (Though I never liked him much) would've boll*cked us for NOT obseving the 2 mins silence and the school positively encouraged us to wear poppies - though only on the 11th.

South Bound
1st Nov 2007, 08:32
Poppies can actually be worn all year round, it is only tradition that dictates 2 weeks before etc.... Read that somewhere, probably justifying all those people driving around in E-reg Orions with the grill poppy still attached from 1985...

Zero feet, decending
1st Nov 2007, 08:43
"...probably justifying all those people driving around in E-reg Orions with the grill poppy still attached from 1985..."

What are ya trying to say? :E

cockneyrock
1st Nov 2007, 09:35
Anyone care to enlighten us as to why this thread was locked?
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=298464
I was in the process of posting the following when I found out:
How about we wait until a verifiable detail is posted before we support this "remarkably cool-headed and eloquent for his age" poster?
PPRuNe
How about PPRuNe stops behaving like a tool? Given that this is an anonymous post (other than his first name "Alex") how does PPRuNe expect there to be verifiable detail? I tell you what, why doesn't the guy just hang himself and his school eh? Yeh that will work really well. The whole point of his thread is to highlight his problem and seek advice. "Alex" even admits that he doesn't want to make a name for himself; he just wants to stand up for his beliefs. Now, he might be 16 and at school or he might be 43 and at work, what difference does it make? It might even be made up! so what? If it makes people say to themselves "That's terrible behaviour from that teacher (who I don't know anything about)" I'm going to go out and buy a poppy this year to Remember and show my support", the thread is a good thing.
By the way, rather than posting your comment in my post under the cover of PPruNe, why note quote me and show yourself.
Now it would appear that the thread is locked with no explanation. Happy to go along with the closure if justified, just wanted to check that we're not censoring again (allegedly).

PPRuNe note.

The fact that you read an improbable post, took it hook, line, and sinker, then ran around from forum to forum to forum screaming "OUTRAGE" doesn't mean PPRuNe had to buy it.

From an ARRSE Moderator:
"he admitted to me in PM that he has exaggerated the truth a little and added and missed out a bit.."

Gee, say it aint so......

Al R
1st Nov 2007, 09:54
I thought this was a 'rumour' network anyway? ;)

I admit though, I read the thread on ARRSE and thought that a little further digging/analysis/perspective was needed first.