PDA

View Full Version : jd aviation manchester

ldyypd
30th Oct 2007, 16:37
Hi,
Anyone have any constructive feedback they would like to offer about said flight school?

Is there anyone on here that has attended it?

Many thanks in advance.

horsebox
30th Oct 2007, 17:34
Some info in this thread,

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=280229

40KTSOFFOG
30th Oct 2007, 19:38
In reply to your post, I trained with JD two years ago, excellent training, above and beyond the standard required and intructors with a weatlh of experience in both flying and air traffic. Training out of Manchester a great plus, cannot recommend enough !

EGCC4284
30th Oct 2007, 22:08
I trained there in early 2005 and agree with 40KTSOFFOG

Give them a call and pay them a visit. I learnt a lot from these guys. They enjoy training and go the extra mile to get you to a very very high standard.

I am now flying 73s for a charter

Regards Rob

Treadstone
31st Oct 2007, 20:57
keep trying it will be worth it..

Good Luck

40KTSOFFOG
1st Nov 2007, 10:29
Soory to hear that you have had trouble contacting JD, please check your PMs.

Check Mags On
2nd Nov 2007, 21:48
A big thumbs up for John and his team from me.

CMO

Slip up
5th Nov 2007, 17:57
I have nothing but praise for JD and his instructors. Good dependable training which will stand any ambitious pilot in good stead for their future.

Having done the IR with JD, I'll be going back for the CPL next year without hesitation.

Too low
20th Oct 2009, 18:54
Hi all, I'm reviving this thread.

I'm looking for a school to do a CPL/IR around manchester aera.
Does anyone know if this school still exist? I've checked on their website (which doesn't work very well...) and on the main page it says Liverpool airport... a bit confused!
Have they moved? Do they still exist at manchester airport?

Cheers.

Check Mags On
20th Oct 2009, 19:39
Hi Too Low

JD Aviation still exists, but not at Manchester.
Basically Manchester School of Flying ceased to operate from Manchester, it matters not why.
But as a result of them leaving there was no one to run the AVGAS.
John tried for a while to operate out of Manchester but with gas not available at base, it wasn't long before the move to LPL.

Whilst I have always said that Manchester being a big airport never got in the way of flight training, and it didn't. Liverpool is better.
One problem at MAN was the price if you wanted to get airborne before 11am, LPL does not have this restriction.
While I was there we would use this time to brief the flight.
But there was times when I would liked to have got airborne earlier.

As for the school, I would thoroughly recommend John, Alan and the other instructors. It is the people that matter.

I would just like to add that I did my CPL/IR with John.
Then after some time instructing PPL's joined John and instructed CPL/IR for him.
I am no longer with John as I joined an airline.
But if I had the time I would love to instruct there again.

CMO

Too low
20th Oct 2009, 20:35
Thanks very much for that fast answer!
Too bad there's nothing in man, i'm working at the airport, so that would have been perfect...
I'll probably pop-up in lpl one of this days to have a look then.

Cheers mate!

speedbird001
21st Oct 2009, 12:06
I'm currently training with JD Aviation doing my CPL initially, I can confirm they are now at LPL.

As i can't comment on any other FTO's but, if was to start all over then i would definitely choose John Dale & Alan Williiams over all the others I've visited.

It's really difficult trying to choose the right place for your training as we all know, but the feeling I've got from John and all of the the instructors I've flown with at his school that it's not about the money and they certainly don't take you for a ride even in these difficult times.

His Aircraft are fantastic and are well looked after, they demand a high standard of Airmanship from the word go, on occasions that has caught me out :eek: from time to time and they will let you know that, but it's not a game is it :ok:

They work hard to try and get you to the required standard and to me that speaks volumes on it's own, since I've been there I've never had any impression that the Instructors don't want you to do well, they all do and they are very passionate about Flying as well, I've learnt loads off them in a short space of time.

As for Flying out of LPL, not had any real delays, more often than not always departed on time, the odd orbit when coming back in to land but we are mixing it with the big boys so it's great experience all the same.

I'm hoping to do my IR with them in the future, if that is John will have me :)

Hope this helps.

SB001

ftimesf
4th Nov 2009, 16:47
I'm doing my IR with JD..
Great operation with great instructors.. I hope if JD reads he'll go easy on me on my next flight.

FLYMF08
4th Nov 2009, 17:33
Hi all,
I passed my CPL with JD a couple of months ago and loved their approach to the course. They have a passion for flying and really look after their students. It really isn't about the money for them, it's the satisfaction of seeing someone progress and develop. I've felt welcome from day one in and around some extremely experienced pilots and that's just one of the many reason's that I'm now doing my IR with JD Aviation and finding it just as enjoyable.

Initially, I too, thought the operation was in Manchester and when it was explained to me that it had moved to Liverpool I um'd and ah'd a bit but I have no regrets whatsoever, it just means that my wages have to be shared between AVGAS and Unleaded (not premium) raher than just AVGAS! Worth it though!

Brgds
MF

ftimesf
10th Nov 2009, 15:08
A real positive post MF, got to be worth a discount on your IR, and mine too. :)