PDA

View Full Version : I know this is not aviation related but I feel all will be disgusted.

MReyn24050
29th Oct 2007, 20:09
Is this any way to treat service personnel? If they put asylum seekers/immigrants into such accommodation all hell would be let loose.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article387976.ece

chappie
29th Oct 2007, 21:20
it both angers and disgusts me. i wanted to cry when i saw that piece....as for the homecoming march...what the hell? what is wrong with people today??? as long as their lives are not affected.
i spoke to two veterans today in full uniform and bloody fantastic they were. they spoke of the disgust at the lack of people to support the homecoming.

there are those of us who shall never forget.

dave_perry
29th Oct 2007, 21:25
Just to add to that, Im now coming up to 17 in the near future, and I am really dissapointed to see how many people my age, don't seem to give a toss as to what the guys do and who they are. It really upsets me, as somebody who would one day like to be part of that force for good, inevitably going to find that the forces in later years will be brushed aside and veterans forgotten.

barnstormer1968
29th Oct 2007, 21:29
I never thought I would ever be the wrist band type, but I have just ordered one!. My theory is, that if enough folks like me wear their Op Nimby tee shirts. And now these bands, then someone (leeching for votes) may just take notice, and it may affect something. I wont hold my breath, but am very grateful to still have all my limbs intact, and find it awful to see young blokes, with bits missing, and their whole lives in front of them.

P.S. before anyone begins to criticise me as a "Diana culture" type, I will admit to only knowing one injured soldier. But it was my turn to do my bit once, and I was proud to do it. Wouldn't it be just a whole lot nicer if noo labour cared for our current blokes and girl's as much as Maggies gang cared for my generation

wokkameister
29th Oct 2007, 22:13
Wristbands? What Wristbands?

If their are wristbands with'This Government doesn't give a rats ass about it's servicemen/women' I Want One!

barnstormer1968
30th Oct 2007, 09:41
Yesterday, when I looked up the link to the sun, there was a feature on a charity called "help for heroes", they are selling wristbands to help raise money for injured servicemen/women. I think your idea of what it stands for is about correct! (or else there would be no need to do this). So, if you do a google search on "help for heroes", it will take to there.

referring back to my basic training: I remember very well being told that the western forces were much better than the Warsaw fact ones, as we had PROPER medical facilities, and they didn't. Thus OUR troops would be so much better motivated, as we KNEW we would be looked after, and were VALUED.
So for any troll's looking in, please remember that there is whole generation on the streets of Britain, that had the same promise I did, and are thus feeling totally betrayed as a country, and nation, by our beloved leader's. you clearly don't want our votes any longer!

Hope this link helps you out Wokka.

Barnstormer1968

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
30th Oct 2007, 11:00
I fully agree that this is bloody disgraceful. How Army PLC could contemplate housing a regular Unit in that location is beyond belief. Are their insufficient facilities left in the Regiment (in reality, all 3 of them!) catchment area? Whittington doesn't look very busy at the moment (well it doesn't from 2,000 feet).

As an aside, at the bottom of that Sun article; in another snub to Our Boys, councillors have proposed renaming a road currently called Mercian Way in tribute to the regiment — in honour of Uruguayan Danny Bergara, ex-manager of soccer team Stockport County.

Well it wasn't named after the new Jacksonesque Mercian Regiment but the Mercian Volunteers; the, then, TA Unit. No matter, the principle's the same. Clearly the town can muster more Civic pride for its football team than it can for folk prepared to sacrifice their lives, Regulars or not. As a Stockport lad in exile, this both annoys and saddens me.

TorqueOfTheDevil
30th Oct 2007, 11:14
Ah, but we're missing the Government's cunning plan...

Reports like this will cause shock and dismay to all good British people, regardless of whether they are directly linked to the military or not, along with other outrages like the way criminals' human rights are given more consideration than those of their victims, and other shockers too numerous to mention.

The cumulative effect of all this is that more and more people come to the conclusion that Great Britain is going down the pan, that all the things they once liked about this country have either been destroyed or are being eroded, and that they might as well move to Spain/Canada/more or less anywhere else where the values and standards which we all once enjoyed in Britain are maintained.

Then the exodus of British people overseas will offset the influx of every Tom, Dick and Mohammed from Third World armpits various, meaning that the immigration crisis won't seem quite so bad for the Government as we've recently been told! Genius!

See you at Heathrow...

HeliHero
30th Oct 2007, 19:17
:= I spent some time here in a former life and I can honestly say things haven't improved much since 1993 when I left. Never have so few pictures graphically shown to so many how little those that serve are valued. Is it any wonder that the grass is looking greener and greener to more and more.

CuNim1
30th Oct 2007, 19:34
As an expat living in Canada (both British and Canadian citizen), I feel increasingly ashamed to having to own up to being British.
Here Remebrance Day is a national holiday, and for the week before Nov. 11, the t.v. has a large number of programs of both World Wars and the current conflicts.
Veterans are treated with respect (in Alberta they are given special number plates and do no pay their car tax, among other concessions).
It is about time all serving personnel were shown the respect they deserve for attempting to keep freedom everywhere.

shawtarce
31st Oct 2007, 10:31
I remember a newly built hi-tech prison March (the place, not the month) being almost destroyed when the inmates rioted over the lack of available ping pong balls. That place put most of our service accomodations to shame even then....

Maybe they should have an accident with colemans fluid whilst making mess cannons and blame it on high jinks..........

At lease they won't be able to arrest anyone, as all the prisons are full

airborne_artist
31st Oct 2007, 10:53
At lease they won't be able to arrest anyone, as all the prisons are fullBut if a CM sent them to prison it would be Colchester, and I'm sure they'd find room for more there....