PDA

View Full Version : sim assessment worries

timbutdim
29th Oct 2007, 11:25
so i did my first sim ride on a jet yesterday. wasnt too taxing as it was only a pre 737 TR course assessment. but i didnt think it went well. had 30 mins to demonstate a departure, gen handling and arrival.

i dont have an MCC and it was glaringly evident in my flying.
As this check was to evaluate my teachability credentials im concerned this along with a few alt and speed busts may have put the nail in the coffin for me.

interested to hear from others in the know as to how bad it has to go to fail these assessments.

Piltdown Man
29th Oct 2007, 13:00
If you are paying for the rating, I wouldn't worry. When you spend your own cash, it's amazing how competent you are. When it's someone else's cash... Don't be too hard on youself and remember, you are not the judge. The important thing is, what was the debrief like?
PM

timbutdim
29th Oct 2007, 13:23
pitdown man, there wasnt any debrief as was stated beforehand. it was purely a check to see if you could cope with the TR course. i'll get the news tommorow.

i was curious to how others found these assessments as i have read about people failing them.

Don't be too hard on youself and remember, you are not the judge.
its just playing on me a little that i judged my performance to be a piss poor and without a second go at anything i wasnt able to give a true impression.

stue
29th Oct 2007, 22:45
I came away from a sim assessment sounding exactly how you do timbutdim, but believe me, it isnt as bad as you have made it in your head. When you have got time to think it over and re-live it in your head your the worst pilot in the world, but really, it wont have been that bad. The person doing the sim check knows you can fly, otherwise you wouldnt be there, all they are doing is seeing if you can cope with a TR.

I waited 3 weeks to hear something, thankfully, it was good news. For the 3 weeks though all i couold think about was why it was taking them so long to tell me i had failed.

You will have done fine mate, good luck!

As a p.s, if you do a sim ride again, you could hire a sim for 2 hours the day before or something, plenty of places on google for it. Depends on money too, obviously. Just a thought.........

Good luck!:ok: