PDA

View Full Version : Oxford Aviation Training APPFO skills assessment

blueAndyC
29th Oct 2007, 10:38
Hello,
I am 18 years old, have an assessment at OAT next week and am looking for information on the types of questions asked in the written assessments. I was hoping that someone could steer me to some past paper questions. I will be very grateful for any help available.
Thank You

Vee One...Rotate
29th Oct 2007, 11:27
Loads and loads of info on the OAT assessment on this site - just run a search. OAT's own forums are also full of information.

WISH2FLY
29th Oct 2007, 16:37
BlueAndyC

You have a PM mate.

flyingcamel
29th Oct 2007, 21:49
God, it seems like an age ago I did that. Surely it's changed in 2 years? Personally, I detest 'team' excercises and usually find a way to get stitched up. Best of luck though.

Remember everyone's name and engage them and refer to them by name. Ask the quietest one in the group what he/she thinks. Volunteer to be a timekeeper and ask straight away if there is anyone within the group with relevant skills to the task. If you do all of that, they'll eat you up and gladly lighten your wallet! ;-)

Don't be phased about the interview, it's the easiest part. Probably be a good cop/bad cop routine. Don't get phased and be chatty and for gods sake if you don't regularly read Flight then don't lie, because they WILL ask you a question on a recent piece if you do!

Compass tests - try to leave the hand of Beadle at home and always carefully read the instructions before starting each bit. Spend the time reading and FULLY UNDERSTANDING these and you shouldn't (insha allah) make a cock of it.

Physics/science test - GCSE textbooks, get one if you don't have one already! It's really a mechanical reasoning paper so don't go studying organic chemistry for gods sake!

Finally, remember why you are there. YOU, as well as THEY need to be sure that this career is for you and more than likely, if you are successful they will be the people putting you forward for jobs. So for gods sake, be nice to everyone, smile politely, drink as much of the freebies as you can, and say hi to the lovely Claire because she looks after everybody and is your first port of call when you finish the APP.

Best of luck all.

dartagnan
30th Oct 2007, 19:14
and if selected, you will be invited to send 60'000 pounds to my friend Director...and that's a "special" bargain considering the little effort invested in the interview.
BA is already waiting for you!

flyingman88
2nd Dec 2008, 13:42
myeguide.co.uk

Adios
2nd Dec 2008, 22:39
I hope the post above is not from a troll. Six whole posts so far in two days and five of them pushing the MyEguide. This one posted on a thread last active two years ago, meaning it could only be found with the search engine. Should he be in marketing or is he just a grateful wannabe?