PDA

View Full Version : Heli Pilot Jobs

oldgit
27th Oct 2007, 14:52
A little birdie tells me that Starspeed are about to advertise again, this time for EC135 IR corporate pilots/co-pilots. May be worth an e-mail to them if you are interested.

Bravo73
27th Oct 2007, 18:26
Are you sure about the 'co-pilots' bit, oldgit?

I thought that Starspeed were only in the business of employing experienced Captains, no matter how many crew might be needed on job. Does this mean that there has been a change of policy?

oldgit
28th Oct 2007, 11:38
Just passing on what I heard! Try speaking to them.

Brilliant Stuff
28th Oct 2007, 11:57
Maybe a question of market forces?

Bravo73
28th Oct 2007, 12:09
Thanks, oldgit. But I'm personally not fussed. Just thinking aloud really...

Bladecrack
28th Oct 2007, 15:27
Oldgit,

Can you give us a ballpark figure for the sort of salary the job would pay, I can't see it being enough to tempt guys out of the well paid corporate world..

Regards,
BC

helimutt
28th Oct 2007, 18:27
I thought it WAS an ad looking for corporate pilots Bladecrack, or did I miss something??

I imagine there aren't too many 135 drivers with an IR looking for work. I guess the police use 135's most?

Bladecrack
28th Oct 2007, 20:08
Helimutt,
Yes, it does say corporate in the first post, what I meant by corporate pilots, are those employed exclusively by a private company, to fly company personnel only. (ie not PT/OPS 3) I see that Starspeed offer corporate management and helicopter charter also. My view of things at the minute is that pilots doing that sort of work tend not to be earning as much as some private companies are willing to pay.
Regards,
BC.

dunnarunna
28th Oct 2007, 21:49
I hear at least two extra pilots required due to new contracts. 135/155/365. IR is a prerequisite though........

flapnfeather
26th Nov 2007, 04:19
In many parts of the world a typical `first` GA heli job advertisement should probably look something like this....

Wanted Commercial Helicopter Pilot.

- Passion and desire must be greater than logic and financial common sense.

- Must possess an ability to live on either chicken-feed or peanuts for extended periods but would prefer applicants who can live on oxygen alone.

- Must be experienced on broom, lawnmower, shovel, rake, screwdriver, sponge, fuel pump and toilet brush. Occasional helicopter flying is also required.

- Applicants with frontal lobotomy and an inability to say `NO` preferred.

- Those applicants seeking a normal predictable lifestyle and working roster need not apply.

Does this sound like you? Please send Resume repeatedly and we will more than likely not be in touch any time soon.

:E :E

Senior Pilot
26th Nov 2007, 04:58
Scavage,
Welcome to Rotorheads! Maybe you should go to this thread, So you want to be a helicopter pilot.... (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=253856) and follow the links.
Regards,

helicopter-redeye
26th Nov 2007, 08:18
- Must be experienced on broom, lawnmower, shovel, rake, screwdriver, sponge, fuel pump and toilet brush.

... and shall be instrument rated on all of the above with a minimum of 3000hrs twin sponge time. :E

Thud_and_Blunder
26th Nov 2007, 09:44
...I think you'll find that's 3000 hrs night sponge time, after you've done all the other jobs...

and you're only given a toilet brush after the first 2 years of bog-cleaning.

fluffy5
26th Nov 2007, 12:46
I'm happy to see, I'm not the only one. Added bonus of boss's wife moaning that the evian bottles are not in order or left the daily star instead of the times on the seats ( sackable offence). But can happily rely on the old fail safe " We should'nt be long ............ 8hrs later". :}

Bluntendboy
27th Nov 2007, 00:10
Flapnfeather....so true I was not sure whether to laugh or cry...bit of both in the end!!!

Sorry, no disrespect to the actual topic advertising for pilots.