PDA

View Full Version : Taiwanese CAA Medical

Mach Trimmer
27th Oct 2007, 12:30
Hi all,

Would anyone have any details regarding the Taiwanese CAA medical? whats involved etc? Ive been advised that it is pretty full on, however just interested in what they actually do.

Cheers

MT :)

multiman
30th Oct 2007, 20:06
Hi Mach Trimmer,

I have been there last year. It was two days medical test. Compare with european medical test they are serious.
Blood test 2 times (get something to eat betwen)
EEG,
EKG during app. 15b minutes run,
psichological test 2 hours,
eye test, ear test, so on.
Actually similar like I had in Europe but takes longer time and not just because they slow.
As far as I remember every 6 month you should go for medical test. :bored:(But I am not sure )

Cheers,

Mach Trimmer
31st Oct 2007, 23:33
Thanks Multiman,

I appreciate the information and insight. I have an EVA Air interview in 2 weeks

Cheers:ok:

nungry
1st Nov 2007, 15:35
They checked my bumcrack! Eeeewwwwwwwww

SIC
2nd Nov 2007, 14:53
Go and watch the movie THE RIGHT STUFF. The astronauts there go through medicals exactly the same as in Taiwan. Trust me its full on. Lots of stupid stuff like co-ord games from a kindergarten, memory stuff, heeectic cholesterol test, put a thing full of wires on your head and put you in a dark room for 30 MINUTES while flashing lights and measuring your brain and eye responses ( I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP ) math, eating bad bread with jam and no butter all day before your blood tests etc etc..

My bud and I actually cracked up laughing at the ridicilousness of it at one point and the nice nursie made us retake the test.......

Mach Trimmer
6th Nov 2007, 02:46
HAHAHA, yeah it sounds pretty full on. Thank you all for your advice and information, I really appreciate it. I guess I'll find out personally in a couple of weeks.

Cheers

MT:ok:

Airplane Crazy
9th Nov 2007, 04:26
I always thought those asian medical requirements are ancient. I have that problem. I can pass FAA class 1 in 5 minutes, but I don't even meet the class 3 standar in asia cause those dumb ass still haven't learned that an eye with right corrective lenses are just as good. Infact my eyes are 20/10 with lenses which is the best a human can have.