PDA

View Full Version : Belize on Holiday, no seriously.....

charliegolf
27th Oct 2007, 11:29
Back in the day, we all knew someone would get in there and make a killing one day.

Have they yet, and is it ready for CG and Mrs CG to take a 5* trip down memory lane? Trip advisor says yes, but I'd be more trusting of advice on here.

Cheers

CG

Airborne Aircrew
27th Oct 2007, 11:53
I hear good things from everyone I know who has been there. My brother loved it. We have several friends who are divers who loved it - we will dive there sooner or later ourselves. Friends who have just gone there on holiday have had good things to say too...

I really don't recall a negative comment of any great weight about it.

Bofaboy
27th Oct 2007, 14:17
Well worth a visit. You are probably aware that Francil Ford Coppola has a couple of lodges there-Blancaneaux Lodge (sp?) and a place on Placencia where Mil get discount. I have stayed at both and can reccomend highly. Great diving on the Cayes. PM me if you want more info. In have also gor a Lonely Planet Guide which is a good investment. Enjoy

Bofaboy

teeteringhead
27th Oct 2007, 15:48
Milady Teeters and the Senior daughter went about this time last year - and really enjoyed it - also went to Guatemala and Nicaragua I think (I wasn't invited - girly bonding! :(). PM if you want any more detail.

dirtygc
27th Oct 2007, 17:07
Served there in 1991 and went back on a 3 week diving trip in 2005 so seen both sides of the coin! San Ped is a tourist hotspot now with developments all over the place. Still a few of the 'good ole' haunts up and running but with major refurbs; Tackle Box (although no shark pit anymore), Fido's, Reef Hotel and Big Daddys to name a few!

BC on the other hand, still looked the same to me but with a specially built shopping mall - in a loose sense - aimed at the cruise ships. Also had the chance to spend a few hours at APC lazing in the pool whilst waiting for a flight. Was good to have a stroll around reminiscing about days gone by.

The Rose Garden is/was also open (as usual) and I'm lead to believe it’s not too bad in there now;)

gsa
29th Oct 2007, 10:02
Was there in 85 with 25 Flt, My cousin has this place http://www.pookshilllodge.com/index.htm might be of interest to you.

Flybunny76
7th Nov 2007, 10:20
We stayed there in 2006! Ray and Vicky were absolutely superb hosts.

Belize is fantastic for a hol! Go and enjoy it!

FB76

charliegolf
7th Nov 2007, 12:37
Thank you all for taking the time to reply. Definately makes it more likely having some real input. Ta.

CG

spocla
7th Nov 2007, 14:45
Try this: http://www.tradersonthereef.com/ its run by an ex-army guy who did about 2 years in Belize. I've been on the boat and its pretty sweet.