PDA

View Full Version : Barbados

Dutchman
25th Oct 2007, 20:33
Moscow-Barbados
The boss is looking at getting some rays for winter so planning a trip down to the Caribbean with 604. First time for me headed down that direction so would appreciate any tips or experiences from other crew that have flown similar routes. What best routes to Barbados via Reykjavik or e.g Canaries for fuel stop. How is Barbados airport and handlers? Finally for us crew of course hotel recommendations over there?
Thanks

cavortingcheetah
26th Oct 2007, 15:16
:hmm:
There are some pretty dreadful and vulgar hotels in Barbados, usually frequented by those of a garish disposition. The Sandy Lane Hotel springs to mind as somewhere where those with money but no style go to slake their carnal appetites at vast expense.
Those who prefer their pleasures to be served and quaffed at a more discreet and enjoyable table go elsewhere, albeit quite close to the aforementioned abode of Gargantua, north, up the coast a bit actually.
One would however, under no circumstances wish to pass on such priviliged information to anyone of a Russian persuasion, having seen before and at first hand the general pattern of ostentatious and gluttonous behaviour so typical of those people.
One simply does not mix Petrus with Y'Quem in order to arrive at something supposedly resembling a rose wine from the Crimea in order to impress a tag along tart, nor one hastens to add, for any other reason either.:=

SpeedyG
29th Oct 2007, 16:17
Well apart from the overkill of the bucket and spade brigade that blitzes the place... The island still has some tranquility left.

My personal favourite is Sam Lords castle or the Crane Beach hotel...far from the maddening crowd.

My reccomendation for Ground Handlers is IAM [International Aircraft Management] they work for Jepp a lot of the time and have a great facility.. Contact them

SpeedyG
29th Oct 2007, 16:22
Ooops forgot to suggest KEF is the preferred fuel stop

reynar
29th Oct 2007, 22:52
Just returned from trip to Barbados. Can't help you on route never gone that way, however, I.A.M. Jet is the FBO and they are very good, contact them via Email give them your requirements and they do the rest, use
[email protected]

Something new for customs, You are required to send passenger and crew info to CARICOM at
www.caricomeapis.org/ no later than one hour prior to depature.

I.A.M.will also suggest and arrange hotel. I recommend either the Hilton or the Accra, with the Accra been within walking distance of good pubs and eatery's.
Hope this helps

Flying Bajan
30th Oct 2007, 19:32
The BGI airport is very nice indeed by Caribbean standards and IAM are great.

Hilton is an awesome property near (short cab ride) to good beach bar (The Boatyard) and open air nightclub (Harbor Lights).

There are also some good all inclusives on the South Coast in the form of Bouganvilla and others in east portion of St. Lawrence gap and Maxwell Coast Road.

Sandy Lane is the pinnacle of oppulence on the West Coast, with Royal Pavillion close behind.