PDA

View Full Version : new pilot

parkerboyack
24th Oct 2007, 21:25
Hello all...
My name is Parker and I am currently going to college at Brigham Young University in Utah.
I have always wanted to fly helicopters, and recently I have been thinking alot about it.
(Mainly because all my friends and family are in the middle of the San Deigo fires and I have been seeing alot of helicopters save houses).

I was wondering if you guys had any advice for me? I have been looking at Utah Helicopter (www.utahhelicopter.com) for lessons, but I would need financial help to pay for them. I am a big snowboarder and I love taking pictures and making movies so I think I would be more interested in that sort of thing when it comes to flying.

Im quite new to all this so I have some questions. Does the normal pilot own his own helicopter? I have seen some that are WAY expensive, so if he does, how can he afford it? Also how do you get a job? Like do pilots all work for a company that gets the jobs and just calls you up saying you are helping shoot a film? Thanks for all your help!

Parker

Bravo73
25th Oct 2007, 08:04
Welcome to PPRuNe Parker,

At the top of the forum, you'll now find a sticky thread entitled 'So you want to be a Helicopter Pilot...'. I suggest that you get a nice drink and spend a few hours going through the various threads.

Most of your questions will probably already have been answered. If not, feel free to ask away.

HTH