PDA

View Full Version : Forces Discounts - Pilot Supplies

mustflywillfly
24th Oct 2007, 17:49
All,

Heading off on a career break shortly to get the CPL/IR FI(R) and MCC in the bag.

Any idea if there are some civvy pilot supply outfits offering a forces discount? I am particular intersted in a headset, flight case, CRP5 Flight Computer etc.

I no longer have (easy) access to service supplies and wouldn't want to deprive those who really need the kit anyway.

Incidentally I heard a great rumour recently that Disney Land et al in Florida are offering free entry for armed forces ID card holders and their families. Any idea if this is true?

Many thanks

MFWF

Fire 'n' Forget
24th Oct 2007, 18:30
Answering your second point Disney do not give free entry. You will get free family entry to Busch Gardens and Seaworld with a forces I.D. They say that it is one family entry per year at a park, however the systems are not linked between the above parks so can get in both free.

mustflywillfly
24th Oct 2007, 18:37
Cheers chap, that will save a few £££

Load Gone
24th Oct 2007, 19:31
Check PM's,

Cheers.

newt
25th Oct 2007, 09:08
Got a nice flight bag and CRP-5 if your interested ? Not needed since I retired so might accept a sensible offer!!

ZH875
25th Oct 2007, 09:24
Forces Discounts (http://www.forcesdiscounts-mod.co.uk/) are available for veterans as well as regulars.

Warmtoast
27th Oct 2007, 10:32
British Airways offers (or did) a 10% discount on their published fares to serving and retired members of the forces. I used to use it quite regularly for flights to European destinations, but not recently (budget airlines are cheaper).

BA's telephone number for this service from my address book is 0191 211 3660. You'll need to quote your service number when making a booking.

Stuff
28th Oct 2007, 10:22
Just rang that number and the recorded message tells me the discount is no longer available.

Nice of our national airline to value Service people so highly :uhoh:

vecvechookattack
28th Oct 2007, 23:25
Isn't Easy jet now established as the "National Airline" ?

stickmonkeytamer
29th Oct 2007, 13:25
Easyjet is the nations favourite share... buy now before they announce their 40% increase... ;)

SMT