PDA

View Full Version : Al Amarah-Another Brick in the Wall

Cyclic Climb
23rd Oct 2007, 14:48
Has anyone got a photo of the 'The Wall' that existed in the IRT Shack at Al Amarah? Alot of SH/LH crews, Medics and Force Protection guys and girls lived in that part of the camp throughout its existence...some great banter/graffiti/quotes was suitably appended.

Thud Ridge
23rd Oct 2007, 15:25
i have a couple of pics of the hallway from my 'second home'. such happy days.:confused:
absolutely no idea how to put them on here though.
pm me and i will send them
TR

wokkameister
23rd Oct 2007, 16:53
The mural of the Sea King being underslung by the Mighty Wokka was mine, I'd love a pic of that if anyone has one. Can swap you for a photo of a Sea King being underslung.
Used to be the only way to get one over 100Kts

WM

Spurlash2
23rd Oct 2007, 19:33
I have 3 phots showing various views of the bricks. Also one of a chinny being 'abused' by another type:D

PM the best way?

S2

Door Slider
23rd Oct 2007, 22:19
I have a few, not the entire wall but sections of it. Will find them and post them asap

ninja-lewis
23rd Oct 2007, 23:00
@ Thud Ridge and Spurlash: PPRuNE guide to adding photos -
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=145070

:ok:

Cyclic Climb
16th Nov 2007, 12:31
Mr Wokka

Have a couple of pictures of the Chinny assisting the mighty King (Mk 4 in most cases) in the underslung mode, the earliest of which was on Purple Star (Helmet) in 95. Ironically the A/Capt of the Sea King was a Crab....bless him.
As for 100kts, been there a few times...but hey they've only gone and given us Carson.....next step hyperspeed:ok:

lynx-effect
20th Jun 2010, 14:51
Some photos and the original 'brick' have been presented to 652 Sqn AAC