PDA

View Full Version : Mosquito prop pitch control.

Alex_Ford
23rd Oct 2007, 13:01
Gentlemen,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum but thought there maybe someone of experience here on the dH Mosquito in the past. The prop pitch controls - fully forward they are marked MAX - now do you know if this means MAX RPM or MAX pitch (which would not be MAX RPM of course)?

I am assuming that as in modern day machines, its MAX RPM rather than MAX pitch, but as there have been some different ways of controlling/naming things in the past I just need to clarify which it is.

Many thanks in advance.

Alex Ford

dakkg651
23rd Oct 2007, 13:50
Alex

Fully forward means max rpm.

Interested in why you asked the question.

Have you a project on the go?

Dak

LXXIV
23rd Oct 2007, 14:07
Alex,
The Mosquito Manual is a reproduction of AP 2019B Vol 1. On page 29, Fig 2, there is an illustration of the prop speed control quadrant. Prop RPM DECREASE is to the rear, INCREASE to the front. Vol 1, Section 1 Para 25: PROPELLER CONTROLS says: 'The speed control levers operate in the normal manner'.
Very anorak-y, I know.
Regards
LXXIV

Alex_Ford
23rd Oct 2007, 14:25
LXXIV,

Many thanks for that information.

Regards

Alex Ford

Alex_Ford
23rd Oct 2007, 14:30
dakkg651,

Many thanks for that information.

Project on the go, yes but in software on as an add-on for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 and X, not unfortunately the real thing.

There are a few pics of it here:

http://forum.justflight.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20359

And halfway down the page here:

http://forum.justflight.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11329&whichpage=2

Regards

Alex Ford

MostlyHarmless
23rd Oct 2007, 16:21
God, I'd forgotten how pretty the Mozzie is.

Excellent work, btw.

Roland Pulfrew
23rd Oct 2007, 17:14
God it's scary what can be done with computer graphics nowadays. The cockpit pictures look real!!:D

Now back to the "After the Vulcan what should be next?" topic....... for me undoubtedly the Mosquito. :ok:

splitbrain
23rd Oct 2007, 18:43
Oh no, not another gorgeous looking Flight Sim aircraft?

As a 'wannabe but couldn't be pilot' I spend far too much of my hard earned on your company's products as it is Alex :ok:

PPRuNe Pop
23rd Oct 2007, 18:50
This is advertising I am afraid. Nice though it is to see such a nice Mossie.

PPP