PDA

View Full Version : alternative too bristol atpl DL

brs
22nd Oct 2007, 22:03
HI

wow.less then 3 month from now i have too choose what atpl DL school I have to take...

I have heard alot about bristol GS,mostly good things.

but I dont like that they only have 2 modules for the 14 subjects.after my epinion it is much better to have 3 modules with 4-6 subjects per module for a better exam results and it is easier too work at the same time also.

does anybody have an alternative scholl?
the books at bristol schould be very good so maybe it could be a good idea too buy bristols books while study at enother school.

a school in crete, www.cretaneagle.gr (http://www.cretaneagle.gr) has a cooperation with cranfield i UK.

best to you all

brs

bri1980
23rd Oct 2007, 06:49
I believe CATS (Cranfield Aviation Training) is divided into 3 modules, but that's the most I've ever seen.

I'd stick with one school and the study materials from that school. The courses are designed by folks who know what they are doing!

I have heard excellent things about Bristol, though I must say I have heard some great things about CATS too.

London Met also do ATPL ground school-keep an eye on the advertisement banners on this site.

You could also do a residential course through one of these providers, or somewhere like Oxford/Cabair also offer courses, if somewhat expensive.

B

gmac1977
23rd Oct 2007, 10:04
bri1980

Check out www.cranfieldaviation.com/go/demo (http://www.cranfieldaviation.com/go/demo)

its the CATS online link. You get the 1st subject for nothing.

see what you think. I'm on the DL version and have found it be V useful.

Paid just under a grand for the whole course including the groundschool.

No complaints so far

all the best

Evilbob
23rd Oct 2007, 10:34
Ground Training Services based at Bournemouth are worth a look for DL courses.

Used them myself a few of years ago and couldn't have been happier.

Nozwaldo
23rd Oct 2007, 11:07
I did mine with Atlantic Flight Training. Found them to be very helpful, good books (Jepessen hard bound), good instructors etc. good results all 1st time passes.

Noz

t.ogden
23rd Oct 2007, 17:27
i would deffinately recommend cabair at bournemouth...they recently advertised a 3 module course for £2000 and the quality of teaching is omst excellent with a lot of ex military instructors who deffinately know there stuff.

on gettin the bristol books ive found, so far, that gettin a large selection can be helpfull as you can read around the subject and understand the subjects better!

greekboy
23rd Oct 2007, 19:47
HI

Dont let the fact that bristol does the sylabus in 2 modules put you off. Module 1 contains 2 moderate subjects ie. Mass&Balance and Human Performance and 2 very easy subjects i.e VFR AND IFR COMMS. So even though you are doing 8 subjects in one module, there are only 4 really tough ones.(nav, met , flight planning and instuments).

however it is down to personal preference. i'm with bristol and i can't recommend them enough. passed all 8 in mod 1 last week.

good luck

Parson
24th Oct 2007, 03:18
The BGS system works well - I have yet to come across anyone who has been there and regretted it. And looking back to when I did my research into groundschools, they all did it over 2 modules.

Suggest that you shortlist 2/3 schools and visit them for a chat, if you haven't already. BGS will be only to willing to put your mind at ease.