PDA

View Full Version : Plane Crazy bookshop Miami

WHBM
22nd Oct 2007, 13:24
Went to Miami and having been previously to the Plane Crazy bookshop on SW72St on the south side of the airport, I went there again.

Nada. Not only have they gone but the commercial business which moved into the building appears to have vacated as well so this all must have been a while ago.

I had looked on the web before going and found nothing on them, so not a complete surprise. Have they relocated or gone for good ?

Avman
22nd Oct 2007, 21:18
I can't answer your question. However, next time you're in MIA check out a similar sort of place called The Airplane Shop on NW 77th Ave.

BYALPHAINDIA
24th Oct 2007, 23:27
You didn't see 'Will Smith' then - welcome to Miami!!:D

Staying on the subject, The last time I was in AMS the shop had gone, Didn't hear anything beforehand about it closing or moving??

It was a good all-round Aviation shop in the Terminal.

Regards.:ok:

Curious Pax
25th Oct 2007, 09:05
The shop in the terminal at AMS closed some while ago (middle of last year from memory). Didn't move unfortunately - think the rent just got ridiculous.

BYALPHAINDIA
25th Oct 2007, 16:16
Yeah, It is a swatch shop I thin now?

A good shop that was thou.

Curious Pax
30th Oct 2007, 13:05
Seen it reported that a new shop will open at Schiphol on 14th Nov called 'Planes at Plaza' - will be aimed at travellers/tourists rather than enthusiasts. Interestingly an ex TWA DC9 cockpit will be in there (currently being painted at QAPS). There will also be parts of a DC10!