View Full Version : 'NOzBash - Welcome NigelinOz to UK'

ThreadBaron
22nd Oct 2007, 11:19
OK, with the help of Radar66 and Lamenting Navigator the following decision has been reached.

Saturday 26 January:

Afternoon (1400 for me and the Baroness, whenever for the rest) will be in The Porterhouse in Covent Garden - http://www.porterhousebrewco.com/ (http://www.porterhousebrewco.com/) - moving on to The Lowlander in nearby Drury Lane for eats and more alcofrol for those with empty legs.

The following have indicated that they will attend:

West Lakes
Radar66 + 1
Foxy Loxy
NigelinOz
Lamenting Navigator + 1
Brockenspectre
aeroconejo (subject to rostering)
Whirls
TBirdFrank
clicker
Myself and the Baroness

Would those named above please confirm whether they will be singular or plural (or more) and whether they will be moving on to The Lowlander as I will need to book a table for eats.

Table for 14 now booked - 1830.

Foxy Loxy
22nd Oct 2007, 20:52
As soon as there's a confirmed date, I'll have a word with my boss and try and get the time off. I intend to be there!

Foxy

ThreadBaron
23rd Oct 2007, 14:50
Foxy

Date confirmed as above but, as this is an aviation forum, the location is 'up in the air.'

There's a thought, TheMileHighBash!:O

ThreadBaron
12th Nov 2007, 12:35
There will be about 6 of us partaking and I have set Radar 66 on a search for a suitable location, which will be easy for NOz to find if he is coming from Maidstone.

More as and when.:ok:

west lakes
12th Nov 2007, 14:04
OOer

That could be interesting

or are we doomed?

ThreadBaron
13th Nov 2007, 07:48
Could be even worse ... Radar has delegated to the area professional, LaNa.

First reports are promising ........ Doomed? Maybe, but not until much later.

west lakes
13th Nov 2007, 07:56
Radar has delegated to the area professional, LaNa

Ah, but it looks as if she (LaNa) likes a decent pint:ok:

I'm doomed anyway - so I'll have to bring toffee to divert attention

west lakes
13th Nov 2007, 15:02
TB

Will definately just be myself (just booked train tickets so no weight limit for toffee) arriving Euston 13:05

The Lowlander in nearby Drury Lane for eats

Yes absolutely:ok:

Though accomodation is plentiful in Londinium grateful for any suggestions.

Radar66
14th Nov 2007, 14:03
OOer

That could be interesting
or are we doomed?

Oiiiiiii......... :suspect:

I'm doomed anyway - so I'll have to bring toffee to divert attention

:E

west lakes
15th Nov 2007, 11:59
Just thinking through the toffee concept and related issues

I have got the Kevlar lined safety boots

I have got a safety helmet with a full face visor

I have got the Nomex overalls

I have got Nomex gloves & the 20,000 volt insulated gloves

Can anyone loan me a stab proof vest for all the daggers that will be flying my way

Please:E

Won't half look different if I appear wearing that lot:\

ThreadBaron
15th Nov 2007, 12:02
aero

You are rostered 'On' for the Bash ... tough luck on whoever else wants you.:ok:

Foxy Loxy
16th Nov 2007, 18:10
Put me down as a certainty for the eating too, and make that "plus one." He'll do his best to be there!

Foxy

Radar66
16th Nov 2007, 19:04
A possible '+1' with me also - to be confirmed nearer the time ;)

ThreadBaron
17th Nov 2007, 09:21
Noted, oh fragrant ones.;)

Where's aero's post gone???:confused:

Foxy Loxy
17th Nov 2007, 18:29
Better remove my "plus 1." He's on a boys' skiing trip that weekend. :(

Foxy

ThreadBaron
17th Nov 2007, 21:01
I'm on top of it .................:hmm:

Foxy Loxy
17th Nov 2007, 21:03
Sorry if I'm messing the numbers up, TB. I ain't gonna miss it for anything!

Foxy

Whirlygig
17th Nov 2007, 23:02
I might be up for it!!!

Who's staying overnight in London? If so, where? Would be good if we could all stay at the same place. Especially if it has a bar!!

Cheers

Whirls

Foxy Loxy
17th Nov 2007, 23:16
Hey, Whirls!
No specific plans to stay in London, but you'd be welcome back at mine in Essex.

Foxy

Will stock up on decent ale, too!

west lakes
18th Nov 2007, 18:10
I'll be in the Ibis at Euston.

It has a bar

Whirlygig
18th Nov 2007, 21:40
Thanks Foxy - it's a date.

Especially as NigelinOz and I have a city in common!!! I'll have to teach him the accent!

Cheers

Whirls

Foxy Loxy
19th Nov 2007, 10:16
What, Norwich?? :}

Foxy

ThreadBaron
24th Nov 2007, 17:38
Yep. He left the Gold (Yellow) and Green of Norwich for the Gold and Green of Oz.

I'll be in the Ibis at Euston.

It has a barI'll be at the Royal Ballet School in Richmond Park.

It has a barre.

Foxy Loxy
24th Nov 2007, 17:46
He left the Gold (Yellow) and Green of Norwich for the Gold and Green of Oz.

Well I never! I'm still awaiting confirmation from my boss that I can get the time off:hmm:. Keep your fingers crossed! :)

Foxy

west lakes
24th Nov 2007, 21:07
Huh
As long as we don't get barred from anywhere:\

Foxy Loxy
24th Nov 2007, 21:41
Oh, that's a good point actually. Will have a good think and let you know where I HAVEN'T been barred... ;)

Foxy

ThreadBaron
13th Dec 2007, 14:12
Foxy my luvver, ent you boss got his finger out yet and succumbed to your request for the day off?

Foxy Loxy
13th Dec 2007, 16:29
Hello!

Yes, he's been great! Have had both weekend days confirmed as leave now. One TINY problem may be that the leave and sick controller has been rostered to cover my Sunday, but the b:mad:d refuses to work weekends......:ugh::ugh: (and is also never available to cover sick days either :confused:)

Saturday IS confirmed though. Just hope I don't have to leave you all early!!

Foxy

Whirlygig
13th Dec 2007, 18:03
So do I !!!!!!!! :}

Cheers

Whirls

ThreadBaron
15th Dec 2007, 18:37
Just hope I don't have to leave you all early!!
Not wifout my permission you don't!!;)

TBirdFrank
19th Dec 2007, 15:09
Hi TB - from one TB to another - it will just be me, as a friend who has just had a close call - mastectomy - is having a get together that night, so Mrs TB is going there.

What time are you eating? as it appears that - bless them - Network Rail are in a dig it mood that night, so the last train north - from anywhere is 20.00!!!

They are digging north of Stoke by ten, north of Stafford by midnight, between Leeds and Manchester overnight! Its not bloody right it ain't I tells yer!

Westy - what time are you flying south? I'll see if yours picks up anywhere en route

west lakes
19th Dec 2007, 19:15
TBF

08:47 Ex Penrith, Crewe (10:29) is a booked stop then via New St arriving 13:03.

Coach J

ThreadBaron
19th Dec 2007, 20:33
Crikey Frank, you might just have time for a MacDonalds at Euston before you depart! Even if we eat at 6 and you shovel it down you might just have finished chewing by New Street!

But, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Come on down.

clicker
20th Dec 2007, 03:04
Hi Folk's,

Just heard about it bash.

Would like to join the party if I may, subject to an annual leave request.

After all we have to make sure NoZ is made aware that British beer is better than he's used too.

Thanks clicker

NIGELINOZ
20th Dec 2007, 06:17
After all we have to make sure NoZ is made aware that British beer is better than he's used too

Fraid that's not going to happen,clicker,one will never be able to face drinking warm,english beer.
An ice cold Fosters will do me anytime,ta muchly.

ThreadBaron
20th Dec 2007, 07:37
clicker makes the list.

Come on, let's have one more to get us off 13! Otherwise I might have to leave the Baroness at the Halls.
:bored: :\ :ouch:

Ah but, NOz, you have yet the try cold Belgian beers.:ok: And you shall!

All details are at Post 1.

Lamenting Navigator
20th Dec 2007, 20:47
Ah, go on, I'll bring a friend to make it fourteen.

Hang on, that sounds bad. I wouldn't bring a friend just to make up numbers, that's rotten. If they're free I'll bring them. La Nav +1

ThreadBaron
21st Dec 2007, 07:36
LaNa ...... :ok:

clicker
2nd Jan 2008, 23:06
Hi Folks,

Got the leave approved so I will be there.

clicker

Foxy Loxy
3rd Jan 2008, 00:03
Great! :ok: The more the merrier! Our revised January roster shows that my leave stands (the boss is covering! What a hero :)) So if someone could help Whirlygig pour me onto a train at some point I'd be grateful :}

Foxy

Foxy Loxy
3rd Jan 2008, 00:05
Nigel,

Remind me and Whirlygig to take you to some proper "real ale" pubs - you'll soon change your mind! ;)

Foxy

clicker
3rd Jan 2008, 04:29
Foxy,
If I'm still standing in a reasonable manner then I shall assist Whirls, although as she's a "rotary" lass :ok: I hope the tail boom is still attached at the time and she's not spinning either. :E
cheers Clicker

west lakes
7th Jan 2008, 14:09
Well that's the, for me, the last important detail sorted:ok:.
On leave the Thursday before to procure toffee supplies, the day before to build up strength and the Monday after to recover:cool:

Radar66
7th Jan 2008, 14:18
FUDGE man fudge!! :rolleyes:

west lakes
7th Jan 2008, 14:29
Yes my dear Radar 66 you will be getting exactly what you need:E

I'm even bringing extra supplies for the rest of the assembled personages

So R66 need not worry about diminishing her supply:\

Radar66
8th Jan 2008, 00:13
:suspect:

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb122/Radar66/emoticons/dark.gif

kiwi chick
8th Jan 2008, 00:18
I'll be there in spirit - does that count?!:}

But only if the beer's COLD.:ok:

clicker
8th Jan 2008, 05:10
No Problem KC, I'll drink yours for you!!

west lakes
8th Jan 2008, 21:22
Well it will be a celebration for KC 5 days in the service of her country - gotta be worth that extra drink:ok:

kiwi chick
8th Jan 2008, 21:48
Hahahaha!

Seeing as I'll be going for 12 weeks without drinking, you'd best have five or six for me.

Just quietly, I'm not quite sure how I'm going to survive. :{

Whirlygig
8th Jan 2008, 22:17
Don't worry KC - we won't tell anyone on JB!!!

Cheers

Whirls

kiwi chick
8th Jan 2008, 22:26
That I'm not drinking?

No, don't. It'd be merciless. I have a reputation to upkeep. :}

Whirlygig
8th Jan 2008, 22:43
I don't know why but the thought of blackmail, bribery and corruption popped into my head!

Your secret will be safe here ...well, -ish!

Cheers

Whirls

kiwi chick
8th Jan 2008, 23:51
Hahahaha! I can see I'm going to have to embellish some stories here...

;)

ThreadBaron
9th Jan 2008, 10:07
Table for 14 booked at the Lowlander for 1830.:ok:

KC

No neeed to embellish stories ... make up new ones.:}

ThreadBaron
9th Jan 2008, 13:01
Could all you attendees PM me your e-mail addys so I can send you the Lowlander menus. They have two, the full and the reduced. Items from the reduced menu do not require pre-ordering but items on the full menu that are not on the reduced menu will require to be pre-ordered by Thu 24th.

For those of you who consider they will be too pissed to care ... I don't share my food ... except with my intimates!:}:E

By the way, what have I missed with KC? Where is she off to and what will she be up to?

kiwi chick
9th Jan 2008, 21:18
Heeeeey Thread!

I'm off to the RNZAF - in 11 days and counting!

And I will be up to: no mischief, and lots of work - basic recruit training for the first three month, LOL!

So eat, drink & be Mary plenty for me please! :}

ThreadBaron
10th Jan 2008, 07:44
So eat, drink & be Mary

Magdalene or her of little lamb?

KC

Sounds good!! I hear from WL that you are headed for the Orion ... me eyes is green.;):ok: Not sure I believe the 'no mischief' bit. Even I got up to some during my service.....

west lakes
10th Jan 2008, 08:56
Just for additional clarification all supplies of fudge & toffee are now in a secure location awaiting delivery.
The two cases of ******** are also in the same location.

Additional supplies of the former are being made available for general consumption by all.

ThreadBaron
12th Jan 2008, 18:17
For our sins the Baroness and I have done a comprehensive recce of both locations. I will be posting a location map for them in due course for those whose compasses are spinning and gyros have toppled!

NOz You will be pleased to know that the Porterhouse is directly oppposite The Australian Shop!!. Just finished a pack of Tim Tams!!:ok::p

I suggest that we meet on the 1st floor back of the Porterhouse. Long tables and plenty of floor space. In the door, bar facing you. Up the stairs to the bar's left, onto the mezzanine. Along the mezzanine and up the stairs at the end. Turn left at the top and there you are (and there I'll be!). There will be PPRuNe identification in evidence. Stunningly eclectic selection of beers ... might even be something for someone who likes cold beer.

The Lowlander is excellent. Food and service cannot be faulted. I have requested the mezzanine floor for our group. This will be much better, allowing us to move about at will.

I will PM you all my mobile number in case of ... anything.

The Baroness reports thus: :zzz:ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Radar66
12th Jan 2008, 23:49
are the flight bears invited also? ;)

Foxy Loxy
13th Jan 2008, 00:03
It wouldn't be a proper Bash without 'em, luv! ;)

Foxy

clicker
15th Jan 2008, 23:45
Lost my teddy bear many years ago so while I will be bearless later I won't be beerless :ok:

ThreadBaron
20th Jan 2008, 18:34
And Westie will not be beardless!:p

west lakes
20th Jan 2008, 19:00
Looks like(with all the bears coming) it'll be both a beer and a bear fest. I'm just concern with us being on the upper levels in the two establishments as R66 is known to hold bears over sheer drops (I've seen the photos):}

Whirlygig
20th Jan 2008, 19:27
Is that a trick that Rads picked up from Michael Jackson!!! :}

Cheers

Whirls

west lakes
20th Jan 2008, 19:33
Whirls

Possibly, the difference being that R66 does drop one occasionally:E

Yeah I know at the rate I'm digging holes I'll be on Oz

Radar66
21st Jan 2008, 07:33
Yeah I know at the rate I'm digging holes I'll be on Oz
yep and on through eventually landing on some bit of rock in the vincinity of the Southern Cross....

:*

Civis - Daffyd the Welsh Flight Bear is looking forwards to meeting his new half brother - possibly to be named David... or maybe even Dave the Rave... :ok:

Whirlygig
21st Jan 2008, 08:03
..and don't forget mini-East Anglian bear ... he has webbed feet!

Cheers

Whirls

NIGELINOZ
21st Jan 2008, 08:45
Forget bears just concentrate on the beer!(and remember it has to be cold)

ThreadBaron
21st Jan 2008, 08:58
www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?day=26&month=1&year=2008&hour=14&min=0&sec=0&p0=0 (http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?day=26&month=1&year=2008&hour=14&min=0&sec=0&p0=0)

Radar66
21st Jan 2008, 09:35
It wouldn't be a proper bash without the bears Nigel....

NIGELINOZ
21st Jan 2008, 12:16
It wouldn't be a proper bash without the bears Nigel
Or the fudge/toffee eh Radar ?!:p

ThreadBaron
21st Jan 2008, 12:31
It's a good job WL is the kind of person to bear a fudge!:rolleyes:

west lakes
21st Jan 2008, 13:51
so we've got bears, beer (cold for Noz), beard(s), bare (faced cheek with fudge), bust (up tween me and Rads - you lot hope), booze (for non beer types), boxes with stuff in. Oh and fudging of posts

any more?

IB4138
22nd Jan 2008, 16:49
Westie or TbirdFrank

Could you make sure that you give Noz instructions on how to get to Stalyvegas, in case he wants to join us there in mid-March.

west lakes
22nd Jan 2008, 19:00
Yep if sober will do

clicker
22nd Jan 2008, 19:26
Not got a bear to bring as I wrecked mine as a kid however might bring "Haggis" who's about 15years old and comes from Lockerbie. About time he left the confines of my car.

TBirdFrank
22nd Jan 2008, 20:59
Bears made it through UK passport control and immigration and will be available for adoption once photographed with their new owners for the record!

I was a bit bothered about the check in question at ORD though - you know - "Has anyone given you anything to transport?" There was all this squirming and giggling coming from the big red bag!

Margaret says I musn't write that the bears weren't too well behaved either!

Our Chicago hosts Mr and Mrs Civis and Jetsy were terrific and one can only comment on the fact that no Brit restaurant would let you in three quarters of an hour before opening.

There again it was 1 degree fahrenheit outside!

If they ever make it over here we owe them! and aren't they proof of the upside of Pruning!

See you Saturday

Foxy Loxy
25th Jan 2008, 15:57
I'm very sorry to have to tell you all that I won't be able to come after all. It's a long story, but I had an accident this morning and am now sporting 11 stitches in my back.

Next time, eh?

Foxy

NIGELINOZ
25th Jan 2008, 17:13
Foxy,
Thats really sad news and we will all miss you however it's important that you get better so that we can get together somewhere else very soon.
Take Care
Nigelinoz:(

ThreadBaron
25th Jan 2008, 17:41
To satisfy the insurers I am afraid I will need a picture of said injury (wif stitches) and a statement from yer GP, Foxy

Buggah, girl. Yer timing (or mistiming)'s crap.

PM me your phone number. You will be number 4 on the 'Phoning someone who int here' list.

Take care.

BashMeister in Chief

Civis
25th Jan 2008, 19:12
Double Bummer Foxy,
Hopefully someone will get your Fuzzy Wuzzy to you.

Painfull accidents are like having a bad case of the flu or falling in love. If you drink enough single malt it will all go away in 48 hours :} :E

Best wishes fur a speedy recovery there girl :ok:

DX Wombat
26th Jan 2008, 09:00
Have a great time Nigel and all. :ok:

Radar66
26th Jan 2008, 11:02
Camera - check
Welsh Bear - check
Alfrohol tokens - check
'+1' - check (whoever he is)
Neurofen - check
Map and compass - check
Survival equipment -check
Portable fridge - check
Telephone - check
LARGE cabin trunk for fudge - check
Kevlar vest - check
AK47 - check

Right I think that's me ready to leave for the Nozbash!!!

See you there .................................... :E:ok:

PS - message from LaNa - "I can't make it today as I have a crisis at home to sort out. Please give my love to everyone and apologies"

BlueDiamond
26th Jan 2008, 11:25
Have a great time everyone ... and don't forget the piccies!!! :ok:

Radar66
26th Jan 2008, 11:35
The pics have already started! In an attempt to speed me up, the "W" is taking pics of me getting ready!!!

ThreadBaron
26th Jan 2008, 21:55
NOzBash adjourned. Reports follow.:ok:

clicker
27th Jan 2008, 00:14
Just got home after another eventful trip on the rails (bring back steam I say).

Just a quick thanks for allowing me to join in, great gang and glad I came along. I almost didnt because work forgot to pay me 200 beers tokens that were due last week.

Foxy,

Sorry to hear about the accident, Radar66 told me the basics. Hope you recover quickly. I'm told that a substance called WINE (aka Work Isolating Neutralizer Extract) will help.

cheers clicker

Whirlygig
27th Jan 2008, 00:28
Just got home meself! Great to meet everyone; shame a few had to leave a bit early because of Network Fail but grand time had by all!

Cheers

Whirls

BlueDiamond
27th Jan 2008, 05:02
NOzBash adjourned.
To be continued?

But wait, there's more?

I think we should be told!! :)

Glad to hear everyone had such a good time!!! :ok:

clicker
27th Jan 2008, 08:25
If we told you Bluey, we might have to shoot you afterwards.

Can tell you that the Bears made a new friend called Haggis. We found out how loud aussies can be on Australia day. [creep mode] But also very nice people [/creep mode]

That was my first pprune bash and to say I enjoyed the company would be an understatment, would like to think I've made a few new friends last night.

ThreadBaron
27th Jan 2008, 13:13
Right, some picumtures.

Radar wrestling with an extremely well-packaged (Gaffer-taped!) box of toffee and fudge from her 'friend' Westie ...
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/threadbaron/DSCN1247Scale.jpg

... only to find all the toffees tied together ...
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/threadbaron/DSCN1251Scale.jpg
... and saying 'Thank you' :confused:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/threadbaron/DSCN1253Scale.jpg

The man we were all there for.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/threadbaron/DSCN1260Scale.jpg

The bears had a good time in the Porterhouse.

Nicking beer ...
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/threadbaron/DSCN1255Scale.jpg

and trying to break into the toffe boxes.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/threadbaron/DSCN1259Scale.jpg

We left the Porterhouse earlier than we had intended because of the noise, especially the high-pitched screech of the Oz shielas having a quiet conversation.

TB Frank left us at this time to catch the next the last train back to Mancunium ... sorry to see him leave so early. A long journey for 4 pints!!!

At the Lowlander Clicker, the Baroness, Whirls and Radar show everyone how to have a good time.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/threadbaron/DSCN1267Scale.jpg

Wholigan has some better table shots, so we will await him getting out of bed. Come on man!

Final, the last bears standing have a nightcap at the Prince of Wales.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/threadbaron/DSCN1272Scale.jpg

We were all sorry that that Foxy could not make it because of a quite serious fall she had. She has said there will be a FoxBash in the spring. Get well soon girl! Brockie's Parky Bo11ix prevented her from appearing and LaNa was also missed.

See y'all next time.

BlueDiamond
27th Jan 2008, 13:33
Great piccies!!! Everyone obviously had a good time ... especially the bears!!!! :ok: :)

west lakes
27th Jan 2008, 19:48
To all that were there, great to meet you all. My fuller report & photos tomorrow.

LaNa great choices of venue

Threadbaron & Baroness - thanks for organising the event

Noz keep in touch

(the last of the piccys was Radar 66's drink that eventually the bears knocked over:E)

Whirlygig
27th Jan 2008, 20:27
The Bears DID knock Rad's drink over - no-one was standing near them. That was the trouble; take your eye off 'em for a second....

Cheers

Whirls

Lamenting Navigator
27th Jan 2008, 21:20
Really, really sorry to have missed the bash, particularly after choosing the venue. Glad everyone had such a good time :)

TBirdFrank
27th Jan 2008, 23:47
Next time I won't have Lexxy flying in or two weeks of backlog on the farm to pick up - I hope - so me and Mrs TB will make a weekend of it.

Bloody Ferg broke down today - so I still have some backlog - Simmie - where are you?

Lexxy and family and self arrived in Manchester at the same time - albeit one at the airport and one at Piccadilly.

And Radar - and all - its not four pints we came down for - its to meet some great company.

See you again folks!

Radar66
28th Jan 2008, 08:24
TB Frank left us at this time to catch the next the last train back to Mancunium ... sorry to see him leave so early. A long journey for 4 pints!!!

OI !!!! TBirdFrank --- as you will see from above - Threadbaron said that ....... not me matey! :O :O

west lakes
28th Jan 2008, 09:47
So here we go

Up at, quite frankly, some ridiculous hour of the morning on Saturday to drive to Penrith. At that time of the day a quick drive of about 45 mins (it can be well over an hour at times). Park the car and feed the carpark machine lots of 1 coins.
Get into the station to find the train due at 7:35 was running late and was not due till 8:25, the one I was catching was shown as 10 minutes late - fine until that extended to 28 minutes (and of course the fat controllers put a slower train in front of it as far as Preston)
Journey apart from the length (4.5 hrs rather that 3.5) was great, in fact was the only one in first class until Wigan.
Met TBirdFrank at Crewe (aided by anna's description of him)
Got to Euston, to hotel and drop kit off and then to the Porterhouse - kinda manic in there!!!

Spotted a group of peeps and was just getting my bearings when this rather attractive jeans clad woman leapt on me - good start!!:ok:
Handed out gifts (photos later courtesy of other attendees) but Radar66 did have fun getting through the 3 layers of gaffer tape employing teeth nails etc.

Find out that the only other smokers were Radar66& Whirlygig so we had to keep popping out, as a threesome, for a "quick one"
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/west_lakes/P1260002.jpg

Of course the Fudge & Toffee initially caused confusion, the "this is for everyone" box was handed to Threadbaron but sat on the table for a while - drink taking priority.
But of course when it was opened the fights broke out
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/west_lakes/P1260007.jpg
Threadbaron won which nearly reduced Radar66 to tears
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/west_lakes/P1260008.jpg

The bears were everywhere even using the boxes to sit on to get to the drink

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/west_lakes/P1260001.jpg

After the "fun" of the shrill rendition of the Australian National Anthem & Waltzing Matilda we then moved on to the restaurant

west lakes
28th Jan 2008, 09:56
Which was a bit quieter:ok:

Took one of those un-posed snapshotshttp://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/west_lakes/P1260010.jpg

Drunk/tired - you tell me?
Though Radar66 though I was after a cleavage shot - honest I (being a gentleman) hadn't noticed until you brought it to my attention:E

Great meal but we were gutted they had run out of Belgian Waffles as I had wanted to wind YWL up.

Great day - hope to see the attendees and others again soon

clicker
28th Jan 2008, 19:50
I presume that the "spillage" of the beer at the bar by the bears was after I left.

So according to evidence so far we have Radar66 on two charges,

Breaking and entering one box of fudge and the other of failing to secure one's booze, capital offence at a pprune bash methinks.

However unless further evidence of past crimes are forth coming the only permissable sentence would be a caution.

Not sure if Whirls is trying to assist with a cover up her but I'll let her off as a first offence.

Radar66
28th Jan 2008, 20:54
exCUSE me!!

who gave up their precious fudge for the after dinner sweets?! hey? HEY?!!

:*

who gave everybody around that table a piece of MY precious fudge in order to wind up thread baron?! hmm? HMM?!!

:=

and as for the drink.... i blame those cheeky flightbears - they're alcoholics - the lot of them. can't let them loose anywhere! just as whirls sez!! :}

Whirlygig
28th Jan 2008, 21:45
Agreed; Rads was completely unselfish and magnanimous in her unstinting generosity in sharing her tablet/fudge.

As for the bears spilling the drinks? Well, our backs were all turned and the cognac went over. Truly. And I was sober as I had to drive later.

Cheers

Whirls

Radar66
28th Jan 2008, 22:06
extra pics being posted elsewhere as i type...! ;)

Radar66
28th Jan 2008, 23:21
Loads of 'em!!

tinpis
31st Jan 2008, 05:43
Que? :uhoh: