PDA

View Full Version : Funding for Type Rating!

ramshorn
22nd Oct 2007, 09:31
Hello.
I was wondering if people could give me some idea of the percentage of cadets who join the SSTR with Ryan Air actually become fully fledged FO's with them the end of it and end up flying on the line with RYR?
The reason I ask is because I'm trying to get a business plan together to take to the bank manager to back up my case for supplying me with some of the funding for a TR. Also I'm keen to know pay rates after the initial 6 month line/base training. I have been offered a sim assesment and interview with RYR and want to secure all of the funding before going ahead.
Cheers:ok:
;)

Superpilot
22nd Oct 2007, 15:22
Search for all threads with Ryanair in the title, and you will find what you are looking for (not!).

EXACT terms and conditions during line training remain a total mystery. You will find contradicting information from those who have done it in the past. Why? because they would've done it at a different point in time and sometimes a month is all it takes to make one person's situation different to another's.

So here's an idea. Why don't you ask RYR about their current conditions during your upcoming interview and take down notes for other wannabes? Whatever the outcome, don't expect to spend anything less than £30k of your own money until after line training is complete. A figure unsecured loans cannot reach (yet!)