PDA

View Full Version : Internet check-in on an Aer Lingus flight ex Amsterdam

19th Oct 2007, 12:19
When booking online with Aer Lingus, it states that it's not possible to use internet check in on routes from Mainland Europe yet.

However, it appears to be possible to check in for the Aer Lingus flight through the KLM website even when booked on an Aer Lingus flight code. Has anyone tried this? Considering the layout of Schiphol, I should be able to get as far as the gate. If I checked in this way and it was a problem would there be any issue with getting checked in at the gate?

Pass-A-Fr0z0
22nd Oct 2007, 03:11
Oops wrong forum, sorry.

johnref
22nd Oct 2007, 11:05
It's possible - done it various times because EI use KL as handling agent and therefore use their technology at Schiphol. You can also use the KL self service checkin machines.

You should be fine!

str12
22nd Oct 2007, 22:57
Did Amsterdam - Cork - Amsterdam at the weekend and used self check-in at both ends, no problemo.

25th Oct 2007, 08:28
I'd used the self-service machines before but used the KLM web check in last night.
No problems.
Aside from being able to leave fractionally later for the airport, the main advantage is getting a better seat. Turn up at the airport as much as 90 minutes before the flight is due to leave and there are frequently only middle seats remaining because of the number of interlining pax and day-trippers who checked in when they were leaving Ireland. Instead I got a window seat right up the front last night :)

Thanks for your replies