PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Air Cork

JoeGlum
18th Oct 2007, 13:23
Would greatly geatly appreciate if anyone has experience and or information on Flight Schools in Ireland?
Thanks in advance.

november.sierra
19th Oct 2007, 18:52
check your PM...

KeithTo
23rd Nov 2007, 01:06
NS I am currently looking at a few different schools around the UK and Ireland for commercial training. Have you any information on these guys?

matrix777
23rd Nov 2007, 11:58
Hi Folks,

I'm also interested in hearing from anyone who has done either their CPL or ME/IR in Cork.

Many Thanks.
Matrix777

eph6
23rd Nov 2007, 20:28
I did my multi Ir flight test in cork a few years back and found that I was battling the weather for a week. That kind if thing happens but most people I spoke to felt that the airport was built in a very unfavourable location, (stories of brown paperbags, lots of cash and a certain politician, now deceased) . Fog seem to be the main problem.

hogabear
8th Jul 2009, 15:08
Hi ,

Just looking to see if there is anyone out there who can give opinions on the school , who studied in the school .

Im seriously contemplating on going to the Atlantic ,it seems to be good

Cheers,
HB

Ministry_Cork
9th Jul 2009, 10:18
Hi Hogabear,
I am training for my ppl at Atlantic at the moment and have recently finished the PPL groud school there. While i only have 9 hours flying done my experience of the school so far has far exceeded my expectations. The aircraft are well equipped and maintained, the instructors are very enthusiastic and give you support whenever its needed. Getting RT experience in a busy aerodrome with line traffic at peak times is also good but it can hold up your progress in the circuit at times.

Call up and have a chat with any of the instructors there im sure they would give you sound advice whatever path you are going to choose.

M

allanon1980
9th Jul 2009, 14:36
Ya, have to agree, ive nothing but good things to say about the school. Have about 40hrs of my ppl done so far, never had any tech issues and instructers are great bar none. Weather can be an issue in Cork alright.

Ministry_Cork
9th Jul 2009, 16:13
And at the other end of the spectrum:
http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/357798-ptc-trouble-4.html

hogabear
15th Jul 2009, 20:31
Thanks guys:ok: ,

I hope to see ye soon , safe flying ,

HB;)

acepilotmurdock
16th Jul 2009, 13:42
Ministry, do you have any personal experience with PTC?....... If you haven't I would be very careful about writing an on a public forum " and at the other end of the scale" :ugh:
Ace

Ministry_Cork
17th Jul 2009, 11:31
Oh im sorry ace, did I say something to offend you personnaly or do you feel compelled to give me some advice based on your assumingly fantastic or otherwise superior experience with PTC?

Just to clarify I fully researched all the options for PPL /CPL/MEIR training in ireland and on my scale (a definition of which i kindly include below for you in case of any further confusion) PTC is indeed at the other end. I base this on both my own experience and feedback from both past and present PTC students.

SCALE:
A system of ordered marks at fixed intervals used as a reference standard in measurement: a ruler with scales in inches and centimeters.
B. A standard of measurement or judgment; a criterion.

Regards,
M

acepilotmurdock
19th Jul 2009, 16:03
No you did not offend me in the slightest...... I was merely pointing out the fact, that with no experience of an FTO, to start branding it was a tad unwise, maybe even foolish. Remember, the aviation industry, is a very small community, and seems to be getting smaller by the day.
good luck with your PPL. :ok:

MightyDucks
24th Jun 2010, 21:51
Hi all

i know some info has been given already in this tread but can anybody give me some ideas as to what these guys are like to do your complete training with. i'm thinking of starting my ppl with them soon but i was also wondering what the airlines think of this place, as regards giving jobs. Now i know i don't have to worry about getting a job for a couple of years yet but i have heard that when some of the graduates went for the type rating with ryanair they either failed it or just passed it.

Any advice would be apprecated

HomerJay
25th Jun 2010, 13:25
Did my MEIR there and can't recommend the place enough. Very good 172's and instructors. Any specific questions let me know

Fitnesspilot737
25th Jun 2010, 14:37
Completed my CPL IR there in March. No problems whatsoever. I have also passed the Ryanair assessment and am doing my TR soon.

MightyDucks
25th Jun 2010, 15:22
:ok:Cheers guys/girls

IrishJason
25th Jun 2010, 17:28
I Have an apt tommrow at 12 so Ill get as much info as I can.