PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Airways (info please)

singapore dreaming
18th Oct 2007, 03:23
Looking for info on Tiger Airways. Experienced Airbus FO.
What is the pay and lifestyle like? Time to command?

Thanks,

SIDSTAR
23rd Oct 2007, 00:09
$5200/month fixed and #57.40 for each block hour. Averages about 120K a year = 40K stg.

Rent now costs 3K to 4K a month - doubled in past year. No pay increase no allowance for rent.

Time to command for experienced FO about one year.

singapore dreaming
5th Nov 2007, 06:43
Thank you. Must be difficult to make ends meet and pay off loans with rentals going up and the salary staying stagnant.

bisaya
17th Nov 2007, 14:56
is that in US$?

bonjour
18th Nov 2007, 09:24
Anyone know whats the package for Skippers? Requirements?

hopeful_pilot
19th Nov 2007, 02:56
anyone knows who's in charge of pilot recruitment at tiger? many thanks!

dingo222
23rd Apr 2008, 20:58
anyone have the latest at tiger? still hiring, rosters etc. Thanks

spearomic
23rd Apr 2008, 21:20
Does anyone got a contact for the recruitment for FO there ?
I applied on the website but no answered so far.
Thanks

Phil Squares
24th Apr 2008, 01:21
Does anyone got a contact for the recruitment for FO there ?

From my perspective as a Captain, things aren't too bad, but they could be better. Having to take your own meals is a little funny, while the Tiger OZ crews get meals. But, now you can't complain about the meals!!

My May schedule has me working 12 days for 92 hours. I'll take that any day. My friends at SQC are working, or I should say on trips, positioning, or laying over and they work about 22 days a month. I make more in a month than they do. Now greated, I don't get the 13th month check nor do I get a bonus. However, that is being changed. When we'll see it, who only knows.

Right now the staffing is fine, but there are quite a few guys going to EK and others since the grass is always better. Not for me...

PM Me if you want any further info. Yes there are better places to work, but there far more bad places to work than here.

Cheers

skyhigh90210
24th Apr 2008, 02:01
Hey Phil, are there a lot of overnights? Also how long is a typical duty day. Do you guys have a bidding system for your monthly skeds?

etops777
24th Apr 2008, 09:13
Hi Phil,

You've left SQC already? Does Tiger take any Direct Entry Captain at the moment?

Regards

flyer_18-737
24th Apr 2008, 11:06
I think Tiger Airways Australia is moving away from the Singaporian model. Pay is apparently better (from what I have heard) in OZ Tiger, and Tiger are getting some A319's, so not just the A320 if your looking for somehting different out there (because there is a lot of 320's out there, and you would be the only pilot in the Oceania to know how to fly a A319, not that much more learning is required from an A320 perspective) Tiger dont advertise in Aussie Cabins, and dont sell merhcandise onboard like Singapore Operations

I was speaking to a ex Ansett A320 captain who is now with Tiger Australia, saying that They are trying to move Tiger Airways Australia into a seperate airline, offering a different product etc..... He also said that Tiger was going better than the Sinapore operations, and they have only been in Oz for 6months:D

Looks like Tiger Australia is here for the long run, they should have been here 4 years ago and then they might have been where Jetstar is but Tiger please keep bringing in those 9.95 fares!!

Tiger Air

joepbloggs
9th May 2008, 05:47
Hi

Do any of you know when Tiger will start flights to Brunei?

lucky320
24th May 2008, 02:38
hi etops777

Tiger will possibly be looking for Direct entry Captains soon as lots of Captains leaving for desert.

Average Tiger month is work 12-14 days for 90 plus hours, I can handle that lifestyle anytime. Pay is quite good and lifestyle is very easy in Singapore.

Quite a few night flights, but no nightstops away, it costs too much money. Night flights start from 3 pm to 8 pm and finish anywhere between 3 and 7 am next day, its tiring but should get that day off to rest, but not guaranteed.

Good luck

lucky320

rookie
12th Jun 2008, 17:18
What is SIN like for families? Are the international schools expensive?

What are the minimum requirements for FOs and how does one apply?

Gypsy
12th Jun 2008, 20:39
Can anyone put a figure on a Capts monthly pay please

Slasher
13th Jun 2008, 05:25
Last I heard for capts was a basic 8000 and 113.55 per block
flying hour all in lah-lah money all subject to lah-lah tax. No
overnights, food, no per diems, no rent assistence, no seniority.

Also heard heaps of there drivers heading to ME. Must be
something not nice going on there. :rolleyes:

Metro man
13th Jun 2008, 08:01
Middle East jobs offer free accommodation, better pay and conditions, possibility of wide body with much greater job security given the current oil price. For a lot of people this makes the move worthwhile, even with the well known negatives.

Some people come to Singapore from the sand pit, some go the other way. Depends on needs/wants and what's on offer at the time.

A319rider
18th Jun 2008, 11:46
Hello, anyone knows the pay for a First officer?
What about live in singapore? I've been there before as a tourist but i would like some more info about the place please.
Thank you and safe flying to all.

Dani
20th Jun 2008, 19:02
FO always 2/3 of Captain pay.

ME better paid? Well, I don't know. At least the Sing $ is not so soft. Living in Singaporian is definetly better than ME, but it's just sooo far away from the Western world, that's why people are leaving.

A319rider, make a search, everything is on the server about Tiger. Make sure you click on the "older than 1 year" option :ok:

singapore_flyer
22nd Jun 2008, 09:46
are singaporeans applying to tiger subject to 26y/o limit like for SQ cadet?

Dani
25th Jun 2008, 09:02
No, but TGW doesn't accept cadets, only ab-initios with ATPL or frozen and with minimum hours.

singapore_flyer
25th Jun 2008, 13:05
i meant experienced singaporeans who flew overseas, instructional/charter/regional etc. if they're willing to fork out for the 320 tr will tiger take them before 26y/o?

botaxgendeng
25th Jun 2008, 14:06
hi dani any news that tiger accept DEC for non type rated or willing to pay

thx
BG:ok:

Dani
25th Jun 2008, 20:47
SIN_flyer, age is not a limiting factor. You wouldn't have an advantage if you pay yourself a rating, if you don't have experience they want you to make the TR with them.

BG, there has been a long history of non-typed DECs, but lately they prefered rated. As long as they find enough typed, they wont take you. But you never know.

Dani

Sonic69
26th Jun 2008, 02:48
26 is only for SQ cadets. Anyways, if you're younger than that, why not work anywhere else that will take u first.

Giggey
19th Jul 2008, 10:26
Hello everybody.
Any info regarding TA selection process?
What would be like living in SIN for a single F/o?

Is TA having nightstops araound or home every night?

cheers

GJ