PDA

View Full Version : Where to Apply for now!?? Rex, Qantaslink, QF, VB

lil_blueberry
18th Oct 2007, 01:38
Hello All,

Trying to decide on where to step up to next (or at least try...) I have interview with Qantaslink soon then I will snap at rex if i fail QL.

Status: TT: 1700Hrs, 580Hrs M.E.P.I.C, very little turbine time <20Hrs (C208), and 32 Y.O

I think the regionals will be the best choice based on easier entry level to RPT but which one? What are the details? Pay, roster, management treatment etc. I am thinking to join Qantaslink and stay for a couple years then transition to bigger things (Qantas mainline?/Jets)....does that sound smart people?

Then a friend throws a spanner in the works( :ugh: ) and says go for VB or Qantas mainline.......... Certainly probably a lot harder for me as I maybe competing with regional pilots for those places but still I don't know what Pay, roster, upgrade time,EBA. is like...........

Any stories on selections for the regionals/jets would also be appreciated as well as any knowledge/advice!

THANKS IN ADVANCE! :)

redsnail
18th Oct 2007, 09:06
This question is probably best answered in the Dununda forum.
It's been a few years since I've worked in Australia but from what I can gather, it's a hiring boom Downunder.

Historically, Qantas rarely hired from their own regional. So if you think that going to Qantaslink will give you an inside edge into mainline, forget it.

A regional captain generally earns less than a jet FO so why not go for Virgin or QF? What have you got to lose?
The tests for QFlink are pretty much the same for QF mainline so you may as well have a go.

lil_blueberry
18th Oct 2007, 09:52
Thanks for the info :) I may also repot this in that forum.......