PDA

View Full Version : MODern Housing Solutions

Grabbers
17th Oct 2007, 14:27
Hi,
Not strictly aviation related admittedly but does anyone know if we (serving personnel) have any recourse through Military Chain of Command against the ironically named MODern Housing Solutions? The issue is a relatively small maintenance issue but once again I find myself :ugh:.

bowly
17th Oct 2007, 15:25
I have discovered that if you make a formal complaint, they send you a £20 gift voucher. My complaint was well founded but I think from now on I am going to follow up my initial call with a formal complaint 20 mins later. Bargain!

Hydraulic Palm Tree
17th Oct 2007, 19:50
I submitted a formal complaint and got to the 2* level but he was too busy to reply according to his pet 1*. Although I was promised a reply, it never arrived. As I had PVR'd I couldn't be arsed to carry on complaining/chasing as I was getting nowhere. Never got a £20 gift voucher though!!

HPT

Green Bottle 2
17th Oct 2007, 19:59
If they miss an appointment without notifying you at least by 2000 the day before then you can claim a £20 gift voucher. Be prepared to prove that they have made the appointment (the letter they send you). You must register the complaint and state that you want to claim your voucher. This has not been widely publicised, although I have seen a document that has laid out the scheme.

GB2

Roland Pulfrew
17th Oct 2007, 20:40
If they miss an appointment without notifying you at least by 2000 the day before then you can claim a £20 gift voucher.

Bu99er! What happens if I miss an appointment that I didn't even know about? Mrs RP got home to find a note stuffed through the door saying that a contractor had called to fix the XXXXXXXX (which did need fixing) but couldn't get access. No sh1t - we didn't even know a contractor was supposed to be coming!!!:ugh:

bowly
17th Oct 2007, 20:51
All sounds very familiar! Seems like you all should get 20 quid. I made a formal complaint and followed it up with a phone call every day for about 2 weeks. It got quite comical at the end.

Never Alert
17th Oct 2007, 20:51
Ditto, they called me tonight at about seven reference a fault I never reported!

That said, it was a scouser on the phone so, he was probably just sketching the house to see if we were in before popping over to take the TV & laptop.

Grabbers
17th Oct 2007, 21:48
Thank you fellas. The previous reply had me roaring with laughter. If all else fails and I don't get my problem fixed then hey-ho. It's not that serious is it??