View Full Version : Aircraft collide at Heathrow! (No Injuries)

Bob Viking
16th Oct 2007, 10:50
Full story here. Not serious, don't worry!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7046224.stm
My real reason for posting was to highlight the classic statement made within.
Quote:
"Thank God it was on the ground and not in the air"!!!!
Rrrrriiiiiiigggghhhhtt!
Because it would have happened just the same in the air wouldn't it!
BV:rolleyes:

Fake Sealion
16th Oct 2007, 10:57
.....I really thought I mis heard when the BBC numpty actually said
"......thank god the collision was on the ground and not in the air" or similar.

Truly truly utterly beyond belief :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

FS

tony draper
16th Oct 2007, 11:21
Watched a report a few days ago on the local news about a RAF Tornado locating a crashed Glider on a mountain top in the wilds of Northumbria ,the dizzy bint doing the interview seemed supprised the lads did not land immediately land and pick the chap up themselves.
:uhoh:

Gingerbread Man
16th Oct 2007, 11:31
Well, what was their excuse?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
16th Oct 2007, 12:14
We had an aircraft crash near here after what sounded a lot like a departure stall, but was actually caused by flying through a "dustless dust devil" (no really). On the news they reported it as being a "good thing that this happened so low" :rolleyes:

Utrinque Apparatus
16th Oct 2007, 17:38
Aaaargh ("a" button getting worn oot !)

Bit like the one in Los Angeles which piled into a nice little neighbourhood having, arhem, run out of fuel - to which said reporter commented, "There was no fire because, luckily.........................there was no fuel on board :D

:ugh:

airship
16th Oct 2007, 19:08
Luckily, they were only taxiing. But some might ask: "Have they done the knowledge, it ain't right?!"

More poignantly, rules exist for whenever there aren't traffic lights etc. for whatever reason. For example, at sea, ships give way to traffic coming from the right. Same thing for when the lights are on the blink on a French road - you give way to the right (which is why driving on the left-hand side of the road should be a criminal offence anywhere in the EU)...?! :E

Next thing you know, the authorities will be telling us that one of the planes didn't use its indicators. Or the brake lights were faulty...?! :rolleyes:

I reckon one of the pilots was texting on his mobile...:ok:

frostbite
16th Oct 2007, 20:15
Will anyone be claiming for whiplash injuries?