PDA

View Full Version : Naviga Charts?

Fair.Pilot
16th Oct 2007, 10:36
Apart from commonly use Jeppesen Charts, anyone heard of Naviga Charts?

Is Naviga user friendly? Any airlines using it?

Thanks.....

pigflyer
16th Oct 2007, 11:50
Air Asia use Naviga.
I saw one approach chart, looks like jepp.

Metro man
16th Oct 2007, 16:27
Yes, and I wouldn't recommend them. Everything about them is below Jepp standard, from the quality of the paper they are printed on, the binders holding the charts, to the information given on them.

Stick with Jepp, WAY better.

Fair.Pilot
17th Oct 2007, 00:33
Is Naviga from US, Europe or which country?

jondol
29th Oct 2007, 09:14
a big majority of pilots started their flt training with jepp and of course there'll be a tendency of being a bit bias if we compare jepp's chart to other charts. Jepp oso have a fair share of mistakes,errors etc in their charts. Maybe u (metroman) can elaborate more about the findings that made u comment badly abt naviga charts....

Metro man
29th Oct 2007, 11:16
I find them far less user friendly than Jepps, yes I have had time to get used to them but would go back to Jepp in the blink of an eye if given the chance.
Information presented can be difficult to interperet, I don't need to be trying to work out what height I should be while flying a procedure in IMC. You need to look at a seperate plate to determine the minimum visibility on instrument let downs. There are more than an acceptable level of typo errors.
The orange numbers for MSAs are difficult to read at night with the chart light. The quality of the paper is terrible, it's not up to heavy use. You need to carry sellotape and tick on strengtheners where the binder holes are made. The binders themselves soon detatch at the hinges.
Jeppesen are the genuine branded item, these are a very poor imitation.

Fair.Pilot
30th Oct 2007, 10:03
Just found out, Naviga is from Indonesia......

jondol
31st Oct 2007, 02:10
"I don't need to be trying to work out what height I should be while flying a procedure in IMC" not so sure what u meant here.....but, are u saying that theres no height indication on the charts?

Just to side track a lil bit.....what about Lido charts? anyone here using it or seen it?

fjade143
5th Jul 2016, 00:55
Can please somebody help me point the difference between the naviga and jeppesen approach plates?