PDA

View Full Version : Looking for seminars

Zouzi
16th Oct 2007, 09:24
Hi everyone!

Does anyone know of any organisation that offers seminars and/or workshops to prepare pilots for aptitude/psychometric/psychotechnic testings?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Catherine

charlie copeland
16th Oct 2007, 09:55
Catherine,
the whole point of the aptitude tests is to discover whether or not you have an innate ability to fly. if you practice a lot and attend workshops etc you probably could pass the tests but, having handed over a check for over £60 000 and embarked on pilot training you might discover that you aren't actually suited to such a career.

there is a lot you can do to prepare without actually rehearsing the tests. for instance, practice mental arithmetic, long division etc and research the airline industry as you will, no doubt, have an interview at some point. be yourself and do the best you can on the aptitude and psychometric testing and hopefully you will get through. this way not only will you have saved money on costly aptitude training but, you really can be confident that your investment will be worthwhile.

for an opportunity to speak at length to the recruitment teams from many of the major flight schools and get some more tips and advice on assessment centres, i would advocate the flyer show on the 3rd november:

http://www.flyer.co.uk/exhibitions/London/

best of luck :ok:

charlie

Tommy' C
16th Oct 2007, 10:17
I myself do not know of any seminars specifically for this purpose. However, there a few books out there which may help the individual.

Regards.