PDA

View Full Version : Cambridge Bank Machine Fraud

Tallguy
16th Oct 2007, 09:24
Morning all

I know this is not helicopter related however as I know enough of you frequent Cambridge this may be of interest.

The long and short is over the weekend devices were placed on a number of ATM's in Cambridge over the weekend to enable free loading filth to steel your hard earned beer tokens, so it is recommended you contact your bank if you withdrew cash in Cambridge over the weekend.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/cambridgeshire/7044894.stm

MB27
16th Oct 2007, 19:32
Sadly I learnt about these scammers the hard way, three years ago. A kind man let me use the machine before him........ :mad:

Whenever using a cash machine, make sure there's nothing attached to the card slot. Some of the devices are very good, blending in to the design of the machine. I try to use cash machines in the same places where possible, as I would notice if something odd appeared on them.

Also, make sure you really do protect your PIN from onlookers. Without the pin, they can't make any withdrawels from your account anyway. I see so many people showing their PINs to the world :rolleyes:

And never use a cash machine on Friday afternoon/evening. That's apparently when the devises are mostly planted, as the banks are not open for two days. And after a night out on the town, who's going to check their loots safe anyway...

And if you are unfortunately stung (like I was) get down to the police stn asap for a crime reference, which will help to getting your money back.

:ok:

ShouldItDoThat
16th Oct 2007, 21:05
How come you guys fly rotary and can make use of cashpoints, doesn't make any sense, my bank loves to say no.