PDA

View Full Version : Gcat whose got a job

gunit
15th Oct 2007, 16:56
I am looking to do a type rating on the A320 with gcat and was wondering who has done it and what they thought of the training. Also how long it took to get a job after completing they type rating any information would be great, thanks in advance.:ok:

ps. no crap about paying for ratings, get a life cause im just try ne get a job.:oh:

FO JimmieJames
15th Oct 2007, 18:33
Hi Gunit,

I did my TR with gecat end of last year through beginning of this year. Finished with Base Training 8th of Feb. At the moment I am not working, however I am in a pool. I found Gecat to be very good. I would not hesitate to recommend them. They did try hard to place me, however it was through my own efforts as well as thoughs in my group, two of whom are flying. Any training company has their own strengths and weaknesses but on the whole Gecat have a very good record.
One thing you learn when you get placed in a pool if you don't get to start right away is patience! Don't pay for your own type rating and expect to walk into a job, or expect the training company to place you. If that happens, great. Don't sit around expecting something to fall onto your lap. I recommend that while you are doing the TR, get to know as many people as possible, get your CV out there. Once your TR is complete, then go hell for leather! Don't get dispondent ever.
I wish you every success. You will enjoy every minute of the training on the A320! Fantastic aircraft!:ok: