PDA

View Full Version : Internet explorer shutting down every time window closed

ariel
15th Oct 2007, 12:46
The above is occuring on my laptop, (running explorer 7). It has only recently started to do this, after previously running perfectly.

This means that if I open new websites/pages, I can't shut any of the previous ones in other windows down. If I do, the 'explorer has encountered a proble and has to shut down' message appears. I get round it by always using the backpage key.

I can live with it, but it's a bit inconvenient, especially if, for example, I'm looking at email, forget about it, and shut the newly opened window down instead of using the backpage key.

Has anybody encountered this before, and if so, what causes it, and how is it cured?

thanks
ariel

Saab Dastard
15th Oct 2007, 14:26
what causes it, and how is it cured

"IE7", "install Firefox" are the answers to those questions!

;)

SD

Bo Nalls
15th Oct 2007, 15:32
The first action I would suggest is to disable all Explorer Add-ons ....

Tools > Manage Add-ons > Enable or Disable Add-ons.

Disable all the add-ons - if the problem is resolved restore them one by one until the problem reoccurs - you have then found the culprit :)

If you are running the Yahoo Toolbar I suggest you uninstall it for the time being - this could also be the cause of your problem.

You could try this MS help page as well (http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_ie_intro) :)

ariel
16th Oct 2007, 15:58
Thanks for replies.

Had a look at the MS page, and found it to be helpful

ariel